Going to order ICE and others, but need advice!

LadyLep

Cathlete
Ok I'm going to order ICE today and I'm wondering what else I should get, if anything. Here is what I have:

Rhythmic step
PUB/PLB
Step blast/step jump pump
Imax2/cardio and wts
Timesaver
Muscle Max
core Max
Body max2
GS legs
Hardcore Extreme
butt and Guts
Drill max
Low impact circuit
4Day Split
Ab Circuits
HiiT
STS Total Body
Intensity
LIS series (including the one with the bike, but I don't have a bike!)
CF
TTM
XTrain series
X10
PRS1&2
RWH series

I'm thinking about Lean Legs and Great Glutes. I do like both heavy and light wts for legs, I like the variety! I looked at pure strength and lower body blast but they are long and the premixes are not that short.

Thanks to Cathe's workouts, I think my arms are well defined, but my midsection and legs need work! I hate lunges but maybe that's why my legs don't look that great!

Any must have that I don't?? I have less than 6 hrs to order! Thanks for any advice!

Hi Lady Lep,

Not knowing how much money you have to spend and not knowing if I'm too late with my suggestions, her ya go!

First I'd buy Legs & Glutes. I didn't see the Legs & Glutes/Kick Punch Crunch DVD on your list. Legs & Glutes has a nice mix of weights and mat work. It's also around 50 mins so not too long, and you get KPC as well!

Second, consider Cross Train Xpress. It's an older series but it is a 6 day split DVD series with cardio and weights each day, with the exception of one workout which is legs only--called Leaner Legs (nicknamed Meaner Legs because it's tough).

Third, between Lean Legs and Abs or Great Glutes, I like Great Glutes best. I get DOMS every time from GG. They are both good though.

Fourth, Lower Body Blast is my favorite Cathe leg workout where she alternates cardio with legs. I like it much better than Cardio Leg Blast from XTrain (just my opinion).

Come back and let us know what you buy, if you end up getting anything else besides ICE! ;)

Lisa

I'd like to keep it around $100 so maybe 2-3 reg priced ones on top of ICE.

I used to have KPC in my dvr back from the days of fit TV. And I liked it but I'm not a huge fan of kickboxing. I like hard strikes ok because the music is awesome! I have some of it in hardcore extreme but the workouts are so long that I don't do them often at all. I will watch the clip and check out the premixes.

I don't know much about cross train. I'll check it out but I think I remember it being more expensive and again I'll look at the premixes.

I'm leaning towards LL&A and GG

I looked at LBB but again the premixes aren't that short.

What about any of the other STS cardio series?

Thanks for the recommendations!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, I ended up just getting ICE because LL&A, GG, LBB, KPC and Cross Fit are not on sale. I figure I'd wait until they go on a daily deal and I'd still be able to use the 15 or 20% off coupon. I'm not sure about Cross Fit, the legs one interested me the least but the kick boxing looked the best! Go figure. At first the LBB didn't interest me until the floor work and bonus leg conditioning drills. Thanks for the help!

OK, I ended up just getting ICE because LL&A, GG, LBB, KPC and Cross Fit are not on sale. I figure I'd wait until they go on a daily deal and I'd still be able to use the 15 or 20% off coupon.

Hi LadyLep,

I know your purchase decision has been made and you truly can not get wrong purchasing any cathe's program.
Your legs will be challenged regardless of the type of the program.

I just wanted to add STS Total. Although it is a total program, they are good lower body premixes.
The training technique used is triset...There is no rest and this is good for your metabolism.
You will burn fat if you train hard and put your mind into it.

I suggest you check daily deal. You will gradually increase your collection;););)
Choice is good.

All the best,

Stacy - you inspired me to dig out GG today! I subbed in the LL&A firewalkers instead of the GG floorwork. OW! Thanks for the prompt!

I started seeing some good results when I started doing GG and LL&A each once a week. I'm starting this back up now. I stopped b/c of a bad head cold, etc but those workouts were really starting to shape my ugly legs.

@Stacy

Hi Stacy,

Out of curiosity, Stacy how long have you been working out Cathe?:)

Last edited:
Hi LadyLep,
I just wanted to add STS Total. Although it is a total program, they are good lower body premixes.
The training technique used is triset...There is no rest and this is good for your metabolism.
You will burn fat if you train hard and put your mind into it.

I suggest you check daily deal. You will gradually increase your collection;););)
Choice is good.

All the best,

@LadyLep , My apology for confusing you...I did not realise you already own STS Total. oops!
Please disregard my comment on adding it in:)

Hi LadyLep

You have a really good mix of Cathe workouts right now. I've been working out to Cathe since 1998 and must say I love all her DVD's particularly the ones using the step. To your list I would probably add Low Max, which is an excellent, really tough (don't let the low impact term fool you) step aerobic workout. I also agree with some others who mentioned Cross Train XPress which has a little bit of everything included. Another oldie but definitely goodie is Step Works, which is included on a compilation DVD called Cardio Hits.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.