Go Wear Fit!

Love your blog! I wanted one then talked myself out of it now I want one again :) Today was the weigh-in day right? Were your results as predicted? I'm dying to know, did you lose?

Meliffy18 - The display is a watch face that can be attached to a watch band, or a waist clip. The display gives you the read out for you calories burned, steps taken, amount of vigorous and moderate activity, and the time. I allows you to see the information for today and yesterday, as well as how close you are to your targets. It also has a "trip" feature that lets you gather all this information for only a part of your day (like when you want to know how many calories a specific workout burns, you hit the "trip" button at the start of the workout and it'll start tracking all the numbers from zero. It doesn't affect the daily totals). The display is not necessary for the armband to do its work. The armband accumulates the data, regardless of the display, and all the information is readily available when you upload the armband data into the website (the Activity Manager). But I find the display very important. I use the information as the day progresses to guide me in making my food choices and to take opportunities to add in extra activity if I'm not meeting my activity targets.

Becky - This is one of the best fitness toys to come out in ages! Like others have already said, this is providing me with the missing piece I've needed to help me get rid of those last few pounds. How's the End of Overeating check in going? I'll be coming back to that, once I find more time again! I've become distracted by a new shiny object......

jlshali - Oh, thank you! I'm flattered you're following! I didn't get a chance to update the blog yet. I'm trying to get more sleep! No more late nights for me, if I can help it. I'll be updating the last 2 days later this morning. But YES! I DID lose weight! 1.6 pounds! I'm pleased as punch :D

Cheers,
Sandra

Sandra, I caved and got one and I'm just using it today for the first time. How do you edit the off-body feature?

(Oh, and I've lost 2.2 pounds just waiting for thing to arrive- using the log meals feature!)

Thanks for the enabling! :D

Morningstar - Fantastic!! Isn't it amazing how simply being accountable for your food choices can make a difference?? What's your goal? The "Off Body Edit" button appears under the "Calories Burned" tab, but only after you've uploaded the armband data and the software detects that it's been off the body for a length of time. Otherwise, the button isn't there. When I have a quick shower, and the armband is off my arm for only 15mins, it doesn't allow me to adjust for that. I'm not sure what the time frame is for picking up the off-body activity. But while it is off the body for short periods like that, it continues to estimate your burn. Be sure to let us know how you're enjoying your new toy!

Cheers!

Morningstar - Fantastic!! Isn't it amazing how simply being accountable for your food choices can make a difference?? What's your goal? The "Off Body Edit" button appears under the "Calories Burned" tab, but only after you've uploaded the armband data and the software detects that it's been off the body for a length of time. Otherwise, the button isn't there. When I have a quick shower, and the armband is off my arm for only 15mins, it doesn't allow me to adjust for that. I'm not sure what the time frame is for picking up the off-body activity. But while it is off the body for short periods like that, it continues to estimate your burn. Be sure to let us know how you're enjoying your new toy!

Cheers!

Thanks, Sandra! I'm loving having you as a resource. So, do you upload every night and if so, do you have to leave the USB plugged in until it's fully charged, or can you just upload and then disengage? Today I walked 18000 steps (so far - I haven't worked out yet) and I'm really curious to see what the computer interface looks like.

Morningstar - Oh, this toy is a fun one! 18000 steps already and you haven't even exercised yet?! What do you do for a living?! Test treadmills?! :eek: I upload the data every morning, and then I'll do it throughout the day if it's convenient. And the battery only needs charging about every 2 weeks. So, I just upload, and disengage. It takes a minute, maybe. Very easy. If you're wearing a short sleeved shirt :D. If you're wearing a long sleeved shirt then you might want to do it in private :D.

Morningstar - Oh, this toy is a fun one! 18000 steps already and you haven't even exercised yet?! What do you do for a living?! Test treadmills?! :eek: I upload the data every morning, and then I'll do it throughout the day if it's convenient. And the battery only needs charging about every 2 weeks. So, I just upload, and disengage. It takes a minute, maybe. Very easy. If you're wearing a short sleeved shirt :D. If you're wearing a long sleeved shirt then you might want to do it in private :D.

Crazy, right? Now that's it's after my workout (strength), I'm up to 21800 steps. I just walk a lot, and I walk to and from work- that's 12000 steps right there. I don't know when the heck I did the rest of 'em! Thanks again for your help. One more stupid question- how the hell do you turn OFF the trip feature?

Okay, am I the only one here who thought you wore the SAME outift 4 days in a row??? :eek: (I did think, "Well, I am sure she washed it at least once! Ha!) Sorry! But, thanks Sandra for posting this because I am interested in one of these types of gadgets. Thanks for all the info!

Morningstar - Wow, that's an amazing amount of steps! What was your calorie burn? Was is different than you were expecting? The Trip feature, unfortunately, doesn't have an off feature. You set the values to 0, then you look at your numbers when you're done whatever you're doing, and write them down so you don't forget. Then you can reset them to 0 again if you want, but your trip numbers don't get saved. That's one thing that I don't think was well thought out. The other thing that I would like to see changed is to be able to turn off the sound of the alarm when you hit your targets. The other night I hit my target for calorie burn.....at 11:53pm! I didn't appreciate getting woken up by the alarm, just to tell me that.

Debbie H - LOL!!! That's funny. Hm, I have been known to wear the same clothes a few days in a row, though. I spend so much of my day wearing exercise outfits, that when I do wear regular clothes it's not for very long. So, I can draw out an outfit for 3 or 4 days, easily :D

Cheers!

Morningstar - Wow, that's an amazing amount of steps! What was your calorie burn? Was is different than you were expecting? The Trip feature, unfortunately, doesn't have an off feature. You set the values to 0, then you look at your numbers when you're done whatever you're doing, and write them down so you don't forget. Then you can reset them to 0 again if you want, but your trip numbers don't get saved. That's one thing that I don't think was well thought out. The other thing that I would like to see changed is to be able to turn off the sound of the alarm when you hit your targets. The other night I hit my target for calorie burn.....at 11:53pm! I didn't appreciate getting woken up by the alarm, just to tell me that.

Debbie H - LOL!!! That's funny. Hm, I have been known to wear the same clothes a few days in a row, though. I spend so much of my day wearing exercise outfits, that when I do wear regular clothes it's not for very long. So, I can draw out an outfit for 3 or 4 days, easily :D

Cheers!

My calorie burn was a bit over 3000 for the day. I agree- the inability to save figures for the "trips" (odd name, that) is a weakness. I think I will continue to use my HRM for specific exercise, as it gives me other information that is really accessible.

Okay, am I the only one here who thought you wore the SAME outift 4 days in a row??? :eek: (I did think, "Well, I am sure she washed it at least once! Ha!) Sorry! ...

No Debbie, you're not the only one! At first glance, I also thought this thread was about a new brand of cute workout clothing!

Sandra, I'll echo Debbie's thanks for posting your experiences. These things are fascinating to me. I'm sort of doing the same experiment (logging my food and exercise in Fitday,wearing a pedometer and monitoring my weight) but without the real-time data available from something like the GWF or Bodybug. I've lost most of the weight I wanted to and am concerned about establishing a good maintenance routine. If my method is not successful, then I'll be looking into one of these gadgets.

Others curious about the Fitbit may be interested in this article from Tuesday's Wall Street Journal. From the article, it doesn't sounds to me like it's in need of more features, at least at this point.

Sheila

Well, just ordered this--it's been sitting on my wishlist for months and I was dithering but now I'm getting one. I haven't been on the forums much in a while and what do I get when I come back?--more enabling. Eek.

^5 to your success after two weeks! Glad to see your GWF working for you. Makes me think about getting up and moving more in the afternoons when I start to get that tired snacky feeling. Hope your new tool helps you get the results you want.
I've been enjoying your blogs. Thanks again for sharing your journey.:)

Hi everyone,

Does anyone get a rash when they wear their gowearfit? I have taken it off because I get alittle soreness. When I put it back on, 3 days later the same thing happens. Maybe my band is too tight? any advice?

Thanks,
Sydney

Hi everyone,

Does anyone get a rash when they wear their gowearfit? I have taken it off because I get alittle soreness. When I put it back on, 3 days later the same thing happens. Maybe my band is too tight? any advice?

Thanks,
Sydney

Check the cleaning instructions. You might also be allergic.

Sydney - I find the skin gets irritated a bit, but not a rash. I just shift it to another spot and that helps. It sounds like you might be having an allergic reaction? I'd try taking it off for about an hour a day, when doing low-key stuff like sitting, just to give the skin exposure to air. Do you thing that might help? You can go into the Activity Manager the next day and do an "off body edit" for that time period.

Let us know if you find anything that helps.

Thanks both of you. I will try cleaning it. Then I'll take it off during my time I'm @ the computer. I think that you may be right about being allergic, there is a dark band around my arm where the band was. It looks like a bruse, but it doesn't hurt.

I'll let you know.

Sydney

Chiming in a little late here ... I've had my GoWearFit since spring, and wear it constantly. Yes, for me too, this is the last remaining bit that I needed to really understand what my body is doing. It might seem odd but I feel it is more useful to me now during maintenance than when I was trying to lose weight! I wear my GWF near-constantly - it's off only in the shower and when I'm in a facility that doesn't allow radio transmitters, or (briefly) going through airport security. Or, activities like horseback riding, which the GWF does not handle accurately! (or didn't, last I checked).

I use my HRM regularly too, as regularly as before the GWF. I upgraded this summer to the Polar RS800CX, and a Cateye for my bike (yes, I am a real gadget junkie :eek::eek::eek:) I had been using the Polar 50 ... anyway, I find that the GWF is great for daily activity, strength training, sleep measurement (that's an area that I've significantly improved, and I put it mostly down to this tool). It is also okay for my daily hikes. The Polar, plus the ProTrainer software that came with it, is what I really love for interval style training and also for discovering how my focused cardio is improving. It includes all of the external environmental factors I want, and also gives me a detailed breakdown of HR change. You can plot different exercises on top of one another, so for instance, I can put all of my Insanity Plyo burns on one graph, and compare those to an IMAX 2 session or a CardioCoach session.

Also, I've used the HRM to guesstimate average mets for things like horseback riding or wood chopping, and then enter that into my GWF. That lets me keep long term records in one place.

So far I haven't used the GWF without charging or uploading for more than ten days. On the tenth day, the armband's battery was depleted.

Hey Everyone

I have a Go Wear Fit at the top of my Christmas list!! I was just wondering Shadowpup what kind of differences do you see with your heartrate monitor and the GWF?

How do you know which is right? That is very interesting that you can compare your HR from a timed event and then compare them? How does CC compare with IMAX2. Just out of curiosity. I have just gotten into CC and all the fun there and was wondering how it compares. My heartrate monitor showed that I had burned 1100 cal when I did CC8 last time. IMAX2 is usually at about the same but I don't know whether to believe it!

Thanks
Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.