Getting Our Licks In!

Will start exercising again on Monday. The Festival our band performed, was pretty good. It was our first time out and I think we did a great job.

Janie

Pyramid lower body today. Good workout for starting the week. Don't know if folks are out and about when the sun sets, but the full moon last night was gorgeous. Hopefully, it is a spectacular tonight. Have to thank Toby and my many dog walks for the opportunities that I get to moon and star gaze.

Janie: did you have a good time the other night playing music? Bet it was fun.

Waves to Kathy, Laura, and Cindy.
Michelle

Sorry I've been MIA again. This is my busy month at work, fiscal year end, and Lucas was sick for 1.5 weeks so that really took it all out of me. I've been working out when I can, some weeks are better than others, and I'm really starting to focus on my diet and keeping things healthy and clean. Avoiding sugar and high carbs again. Last night I did the legs portion of lean legs & abs, tonight will be a Hiit workout.

Laura - I hope you're feeling better and can get more time to yourself now :)

Michelle - So glad your workouts are going well and that you're feeling full of love with Toby, I'd love to give him snuggles!

Janie - I love that zentangle, you are so talented! Keep those workouts going and keep having fun.

Cindy

Step Works today. I honestly cannot remember the last time I did this workout. It sure was fun.

Cindy: Hope Lucas is back to being a healthy little boy. Having a sick child definitely throws everything off kilter. It's nice that you are getting things back to normal. What's on your agenda for the summer? Hard to believe we are almost in July. Where does the time go?

Waves to Janie, Kathy, and Laura.
Michelle

It's going to be busy for the next two weeks and then all will be back to normal. But I will come up for air as often as I can to post. Love you guys, I think of you everyday.

Michelle, I love Step Works! Good for you!

Cindy, Hey, I'm having the same problem trying not to be MIA. Soon though it won't be so busy for me and can be normal again. LOL! Hope Lucas is feeling better. Great job on the leg portion of Lean Legs and abs.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Yesterday was Supercuts; today was my choice of cardio and I went with something that would be "easy" on my sore, tired body: Basic Step. It's that time of year when everyone is busy. Lots going on with summer and the fourth of July coming up. I'll try to hold down the fort on our check-in but hope everyone will try to pop in even if just to say "hello."

Michelle

Yesterday was a super busy day. Took Toby to the groomer in the morning, then back home to work. Had a paper that was due to the study sponsor yesterday, so lots of back and forth with my admin. Then back to town to pick up Toby from the groomer and back home to continue working. Finally got the paper emailed to the sponsor around 6 pm. No time to exercise yesterday. Today--Saturday morning--two mile walk with Toby then off to training class. Toby keeps having super great classes. Then home--worked a little on cleaning out the basement--then worked out. Did maximum intensity strength--which I need these days. After exercise and getting cleaned up--I harnessed what was left of my MIS to pick up Toby and get him up on the grooming table. He's about 75 pounds--so yes, I'm hefting a 75 pound dog (thank you Cathe). We have a show tomorrow and I needed to do some fine tuning on his feet, pant-a-loons, ears, and around his neck. And then I lifted him off the table because I don't want to risk him hurting anything (thank you Cathe, again). Watching Nats baseball right now and after dinner, I will load up the SUV with the gear for tomorrow: crate, grooming table, grooming arm, grooming supplies, water bowl, water, and my show jacket. Please Lord, don't let me forget my show jacket. Then all I have to worry about in the morning is Toby, dog treats, and me. So busy day--and can I just say it feels good to be so darn active. Hope everyone is staying active, healthy, and getting their licks in!

Michelle

The gang and me. It's our very first performance. And for the first, I think we did OK.

Michelle, Great job for your busy day. You accomplished a lot. I would say you spent the day all up. It happens. Sometimes life just gets in the way. Great job on Sat. two mile walk with Toby and training classes, cleaning out part of the basement and doing Maximum Intensity Strength. Wow, you are strong being able to pick up our 75 pound Toby onto the table. I'm impressed. Enjoy your show tomorrow, and the Nats baseball tonight. DON'T FORGET SHOW JACKET!

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
I did not forget my show jacket yesterday or today. Toby did great. We got a second in our class yesterday and third today. One of these days we will be awarded first place and winner's dog but we are still learning and holding our own with the professional handlers. The most important thing is that we had a good time and now we are both very tired--happy but tired. I did manage to get in Glutes and Legs this morning before we loaded up and drove to Richmond. Now pup is sleeping and I'm wondering if I can get in a short nap before we go to class tonight. Yes--we have obedience class tonight. We may not make it through the whole class but we are going to go and see how long we last.

Janie: I'm looking forward to listening to your performance. Next thing I am going to do.

Waves to Cindy, Laura, and Kathy.
Michelle

Lots of deep cleaning my house in preparation for Joe's sister (Jane) to come visit. Moved hundreds of pounds of free weights from the living room to my bedroom Literally hundreds of pounds. Vacuumed, swept, dusted and Windexed. That was only the living room. I'm now on the bathroom but didn't get that finished. Will finish tomorrow, then more sweeping, tons of laundry and dusting and should be done in a few days for the arrival of my dear sister in law. She has OC? She can't help herself. I want her stay to be a nice one. She is very important to me. In a couple of weeks or so, all will be back to normal and I then will continue with my workouts. It has to be this way. It's only a short time.

Michelle, Yea! You remembered everything, good for you. So glad Toby got 2nd in your class and third the next day. Hey, that is not so bad. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I have no doubt he will go farther. Great job on Glutes and Legs.

Haven't heard from you for awhile. Is everything OK? I'm sure it's Summer stuff and family.

Take care Michelle,

Janie

Last minute cleaning and then start dinner for my hubby and SIL, so when they arrive they can relax and enjoy the rest of the evening.

Janie

It was a busy week and now here it is July already. Finished the last week of Cathe's June rotation. She hasn't posted a July rotation and this is the one month, I think, where she takes a break on posting a rotation. Might do an ICE rotation this month. I do love those workouts. Busy day today. Toby and I had class this morning and then after we got home, I groomed him for another show tomorrow. It's a four day cluster, but we are only doing Sunday. Ring time is 11 am ET. Then we are just going to chill for the rest of the weekend. Supposed to rain here all day on July 4th--hope it doesn't rain out the Nationals baseball game which starts at 11 am Monday morning--not looking good for fireworks, though.

Janie: I listened to your music jam on FB. That was really good. I love your voice. Your group sounds good. Do you have a name for your music ensemble? Well, you sure did get a workout moving all those weights. You must be at home and not at the beach house. Is that correct? I hope you have a wonderful visit with your SIL.

Happy weekend to everyone!
Michelle

Jumping back in after a hiatus! I just started Meso Cycle 3 today after my week off in Cabos San Lucas with Eliza. It was our first solo vacation so bitter sweet on so many levels. I also started back in classes for my final semester. We are in the classroom for 6 wks and than back out to our final clinical round. It will be a whirl wind but I will try to pop in when I can but most importantly I will try to stick with the Meso Cycle round as close as I can.

Michelle how was the dog show?

Janie I will have to go see your FB Jam!

Halfway through another week--where does the time go. I'm doing the ICE/XTRAIN rotation this month. Today was XTRAIN chest, back, and shoulders. Our first stretch of 90 degree weather here in Virginia this week.

Laura: saw your picture of you and Eliza in Cabo on FB. Looks like you had a wonderful time. You are in the home stretch on your schooling and on STS--so excited for you! Toby and I have done 5 dog shows now. We place in our class but haven't won yet. It will come with work and time. I'm trying to keep it fun for him so he enjoys the ring and shows well. So far, he seems to be happy.

Waves to Janie, Cindy, and Kathy.
Michelle

My SIL will be leaving tomorrow. I think the world of this amazing person. We had the most wonderful time together. Will start my workouts on Sun. again. I can't see anything in the way for a long time.

Michelle, Great job on XTRAIN chest, back and shoulders. Yikes! Weather is hot your way!

Laura, what is a hiatus? Great job on Mseso Cycle 3. The photos with Eliza on vacation look like you both are having such a wonderful time. Back to classes for final semester. You'll do well, I'm sure. Yes, keep up the workouts, we will be here when you need us.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Today spent in kitchen preparing for sourdough baking tomorrow, made sourdough banana bread and put milk kefir into a proofer and will be ready tomorrow. Tomorrow will prepare for a different kind of sourdough bread called crystal bread. Very very hard to do, but I'm up for the challenge.

Janie

Sorry I've been missing for a few days. Sticking with the XTRAIN/ICE rotation and having fun with it. Today was XTRAIN Bis and Tris and I threw in ICY core 2 just for fun. Toby and I had class this morning but we left early. He is a little gimpy on his right from leg. Strained it playing with his mommy yesterday morning. So, we will be back to taking it easy (not that we've been walking alot or playing too much outside in the July heat) and give it time to feel better. Right now, Toby is stretched out on the cool tile floor in our breakfast nook laying in front of his fan, snoozing. I'm going to take him for a short walk in a bit and then I've got some errands to run this afternoon.

Janie: So nice that you enjoyed your SIL's visit. Let us know how this new batch of sourdough turns out. I'm wondering what is the consistency of your sourdough bread after you bake it? I find some sourdough bread too heavy so I tend to stay away from sourdough. What makes a bread seem "heavy" or dense?

Waves to Cindy, Laura, and Kathy.
Michelle

ICE Low Impact Sweat Cardio 1 today. Good quick cardio workout--and now I'm back "on schedule" with this rotation, ready to start week 2 tomorrow. Beautiful weather here in Virginia--warm but no humidity and a good breeze--as nice as it gets this time of year. Toby is enjoying the change in the weather. Supposed to last for one more day then back to the 3Hs.

Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend.
Michelle

My apologies again! We've been busy with visiting family and friends, work (finally winding down a little I think), Brodie and Lily's birthday parties, and Dave's 20 year reunion. Lots of walking/moving but not a lot of workouts so I'm going to get that fixed this week as it's a bit more quiet for us. I plan to do RWH Plyo Hiit tonight. We are having a very non-July couple of days that are just rainy and cool - normally our rain comes with big storms so this is not normal but we'll take it.

Janie - You all sound great! How fun to get out there and play :) Glad you have a wonderful visit with your SIL. That crystal bread sounds interesting, how did it turn out?

Michelle - So proud of you and Toby for doing great at those shows, he'll be dominating 1st place before you know it! Great job keeping up with posting and working out, you are our rock :)

Laura - So glad you got to do a one-on-one vacation at a beautiful spot before having to start up school again. 6 weeks will fly by! Nice work with Meso!

Kathy - I hope your summer is going well and you're working out and feeling great :)

Cindy

XTRAIN Hardstrikes today. I always start this one out on the low energy side but by the time I'm done with the cardio segment, my energy level is on the high side. Toby is limping on his right front leg so we went to the vet today. He's got another soft tissue strain. So he is on an ant-inflammatory and we are not going to training for a few days. Hopefully, by the end of the week, he is feeling better and not limping.

Cindy: I saw the birthday party pictures on FB--looks like both kids have a super great time. What I want to know is whether you and Dave have gotten your nap yet? It's hard to take time for yourself when you have so much going on with your family. Fortunately, today is always a new day to exercise--hope you had a blast with the RWH Plyo HIIT workout.

Janie: How was the first day back with the workouts?

Waves to Cindy and Kathy.
Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.