Getting Our Licks In!

Hope everyone is having a good Memorial Day--God Bless our Veterans--

Took the weekend off--did not exercise. So, I finished the May rotation today with Lean Legs and Abs. Have spent some time everyday working on Toby's coat. The more I brush out, the less he sheds.

Janie: so sad about the lady at the Retirement Center. Nobody wants to be treated that way. It's unfortunate her family (assuming she has any family in the vicinity that cares) did not speak with her to understand her last wished. Of course, sometimes people don't want to think about death or let their last wishes be known. It's strange but it can happen. Hopefully, Deloris's last days are peaceful. I guess if you are not living at home and you don't have an advocate that is on the scene, living wills may not be that helpful. Such a shame. You sure did make a bunch of bread. Looks really yummy. What exercise are you doing this week. I'm kind of at loose ends now that I've finished the May rotation. Have not checked yet to see if Cathe has posted a June rotation. If she hasn't, I'll probably do a mis of ICE and 21-day fit workouts this week.

Waves to Laura, Cindy, and Kathy.
Michelle

Have to let go of some of the sadness around me and move on. There's nothing I can do. I'm ready for a Rotation. It's between May or June. Tomorrow I will pick one and continue with my exercises.

Michelle, Did you like the May rotation? Congratulations finishing the rotation.

Take care,

Janie

Doing a mix of ICE workouts and 21 day fit workouts this week. Yesterday was 21 day fit dirty 30 and 10 minute abs. Today was ICE total metabolic body timesaver 2: warmup, muscle meltdown chest, and stretch.

Janie: I really enjoyed the May rotation. I saw that Cathe posted a June rotation. Not sure if I will give that one a go or not. If I do, I'll start it next week. I'm sorry to read that you have alot of sadness going on around you right now. Sadness, unfortunately, is part of life. I hope it passes. I recommend lots of walks with the pups and puppy kisses.

Waves to Kathy, Laura, and Cindy.
Michelle

Again I've been MIA! Not only are things busy at home (all the organizing is done, woohoo!) but this is my busy time at work too so my time is whizzing by! Exercise has been very minimal but I'm doing a little here and there as I have time, mostly Hiit workouts. Today is the kids' last day of school and Lily will start Tae Kwon Do with Brodie tonight. I have a feeling my evening will get away too quickly but have hopes to do at least a 20 min workout. I'm taking what I can right now.

Janie - That is so hard to see someone slip away but your words to her were beautiful and hopefully she is at peace. So sad about the crab pot! People can be so rude!

Michelle - So glad you have your first show under your belt :) I'm sure there is a lot to remember. Do you have another show scheduled yet? Keep up those awesome workouts.

Cindy

Happy Friday everyone! Enjoying lovely spring/summer weather here in Virginia. Toby and I continue to enjoy our walks and puppy playtime. Exercise this week has been good. Yesterday I did 21 Day Fit Cardio Fit and 10 minute abs and today was ICE Bootcamp Blizzard Blast and Biceps Muscle Meltdown. Nice mix of cardio, upper and lower body, and core and then Biceps. Toby and I had a really good handling class on Wednesday night and tomorrow morning is obedience training. It's been over a week since we've been to obedience class because it was closed over the Memorial Day holiday weekend, so I'm planning on "exercising" Toby a bit before we go in the morning. I want to take the zip out of his bounce but leave enough for him to concentrate in clsss. Checking out FitPaws Canine Gym in a Box--thinking seriously about purchasing. Looks like great exercise and training for me and Toby.

Cindy: Welcome back! I was starting to worry that maybe you would not return. So glad you've just been busy. If you've got the ICE series, there are some great short workouts in the premixes--really good for when your schedule is super nuts. Bet it feels good to have all the organizing done. Happy summer to the children! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. It goes by so fast.

Michelle

I have been MIA as well, with the week of finals and then straight into clinical, and then the anniversary of Sophia's accident I have had 0 bandwidth for anything but the essentials. I have gotten some nice walks in and I am just now in my 2nd week of Meso Cycle 2. I woke up with a sore throat and went to the Doctors. I have a bad sinus infection and he put me on antibiotics. I have 0 energy today but was thinking of doing back and biceps anyways...

much love to you all--especiallyTOBY!

Walked on the beach today and walked my neighbors dog for about 45 min.. She's a standard poodle and only a puppy. So in need of lots of training. LOL! Deloris passed yesterday and her family was with her.

Laura, Grat job on your walking. And the anniversary of your daughter's accident. I'm so sorry, it must bring up terrifying emotions. Prayers your way. Congrats for the being on the 2nd week of Meso Cycle 2. I strongly recommend rest, until you feel much better. Working out while sick will only set you back. Hang in there, but I can't see anything wrong in walking and stretching. That's always good for the body. But you know your body much more than me.

Michelle, Good job on continued walks and playtime with Toby. Great job on yesterdays 21 Day Fit Cardio Fit and 10 minute abs and today was ICE Bootcamp Blizzard Blast and Biceps Muscle Meltdown. Glad that Toby's having good handling classes and obedience class training tomorrow.

Cindy, So glad the organization is DONE! HiiT workouts are the best when you don't have time. Anyway, I keep telling myself that. I believe it works. Schools is out already? Didn't it just start not to long ago? Hmmmm... Enjoy your evening with Brodie's and Lily's Tae Kwon Do.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Good training class with Toby this morning. We had 14 dogs in class which is alot and they all did really well. It's been over a week since Toby and I have been to obedience training and I lucked out and was able to get in some puppy playtime with his buddy Rex this morning so he wasn't bouncing off the walls. After class, Toby and I ran some errands and took a couple of short walks. Did ICE Low Impact Sweat for my workout today.

Laura: I knew that you most likely were dealing with alot given the time of year. I keep you and Eliza in my prayers. I know it has been such a struggle for you. (((((HUGS))))). If Toby could give you a big kiss, I know that he would. STS has always been a rejuvenating rotation for you; it is good that you are exercising but don't push too hard while you are getting well.

Janie: Standard poodles are wonderfully smart dogs--enjoy helping your neighbor with training her. So sorry that Deloris passed away--may she rest in peace. Did you decide which rotation you ard doing? I'm still not sure.

Waves to Cindy and Kathy.
Michelle

Walked on the beach today and walked my neighbors dog for about 45 min

Michelle, Glad Toby had a good traning class today. And for your errands and some short walks. Also for doing ICE Low Impact Sweat.

I think on Monday I'm going to do the May Rotation. I need t lose weight desperately. Ugh... Wish me luck.

Take care,

Janie

I finished my zentangle (doodle). Now I can start something I've never done before. I'm thinking of drawing a half naked male, with all the bells and whistles. (muscles). I can't wait.

I'm finally finished with "Debris Of Memories".

Janie

Last edited:
Big surprise (not really)--I'm giving the June rotation a go. Today was Cross Train Express Leaner Legs. Also doing an exercise/activity challenge at work which also started today. I'm not really doing anything extra for the challenge at work, just participating based on what I already do between walking Toby and Cathe exercise.

Janie: very interesting zentangle that you did. How did you come up with the name? You will enjoy the May rotation and if you watch your calorie intake, I think you will be happy with your results at the end of the month.

Waves to Kathy, Cindy, and Laura.

Michelle

Lift It Hit It today. OMG! Loved it, as always.

Michelle, I came up with the name of zentangle drawing from a variety of shapes/symbols which only me know about. For instance the baby foot is James Aaron, a miscarriage I had so many years ago. And will never forget. I knew that he was male and so I named him the same day I found out I was pregnant. Just debris of memories.
Hey good job on choosing the June rotation. Great job on Cross Train Express Leaner Legs.

Take care always,

Janie

Wow, this week has flown by, again. Didn't get to do Powermax on Tuesday, did Drill Max drills 1-3 yesterday, and today was ICE Low Impact Sweat. My glutes are just a tad bit sore after this week's workouts and tomorrow is supposed to be Muscle Endurance. I might opt for the Upper Body premix from ME--I'm not sure my glutes can take all those leg presses!

Janie: You are so creative and such an inspiration. I wore one of your pieces of jewelry this week--blue paper beads that you did for me. They are one of my favorites. Love thos RWH workouts. Good job!

Michelle

Today was Lift It Hit It: Chest/Triceps/Shoulders.

Michelle, Great job on Drill Max drills 1-3 and today's ICE Low Impact Sweat. Aw. I love it when you wear my jewelry. Thank you.

Take care,

Janie

Toby and I had a beautiful walk this morning and he got to play 3 times! Needless to say, he was tired after his morning walk. I worked at home today. This afternoon I did the upper body timesaver from Muscle Endurance. There was no way I was doing the whole thing with those leg presses--my glutes are already screaming from this week's workouts.

Janie: great job on LIHI, chest/shoulders/triceps. Love those workouts.

Michelle

Great class with Toby this morning. We did lots of loose leash walking. First, we walked in groups of 6 and then everyone walked (there were about 14 dogs in class today). Not sure if it was just a good day for Toby or if he is just starting to settle down a bit, although I've noticed he is getting better with him impulse control on our walks around the neighborhood. Not perfect, but better. Did Kick Max today--the kickboxing drills and the blasts. It's been a long time since I've done KM--good workout. Now Toby and I are watching the Nationals baseball game.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Michelle

I'm a little out of sequence with my workouts, so today I did Xtrain Legs. Really liking this rotation. Thinking though doing 1st week over again. I messed up the sequence, cause life gets in the way. Doesn't matter if I end the rotation in the middle of next month or so.

Michelle, Great job on your walks with Toby. And for doing upper body timeaver from ME. Also for Kick Max-kickboxing drills and blasts. Enjoy the baseball game. Glad to hear Toby is getting better with his impulse control on your walks. Yea!

Take care,

Janie

Another very busy week. Did Powerhour today. It has been a very long time since I've done Powerhour. Quite the workout; I can feel the DOMs setting in already. Plus its the end of the week, so I just feel super tired tonight. Still need to take Toby for at least one more walk, if not two. He's such a love pup. I wish you all could get to meet him for real. He just makes every single one of my days. Just so blessed to have this sweet pup who right now has his head stuck in his toy box. Too sweet.

Janie: those leg workouts get you good. I know what you mean about time going by so fast this week. I'm hoping next week slows down a little for me.

Waves to Laura, Kathy, and Cindy.
Michelle

Didn't do a workout today. Been practicing my music on the guitar for the festival tomorrow. Also was at the senior citizen to play for them an hour.

Michelle, Great job on Powerhouse today. Congrats on the DOM's. Enjoy the walk or walks with Toby later. Yes, our fur babies are very special.

Take care,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.