Getting Our Licks In!

Today was Cardio Leg Blast. OMG! My legs are fried!

Kathy Sis, Great job on Sat. KCM's Athletic Conditioning 2 workout 1. And for Sun KCM's Shape Up; Tabata & weights in between the tabata drills, and AC 2abs/stretch. I bet the stretches were a wonderful treat.

Take care,

Janie

So sorry I haven't been checking in, I've been thinking about you ladies just haven't had the time to update! I've been doing well with workouts, lots of ICE workouts lately, and have been working on reducing my carb and sugar intake - the two hardest things for me to cut! The kids went through an illness last week and I'm hoping that's the end of it for this season, we've been to the doctor office too much these past 2 months checking for strep throat. Spring has hit Montana and the weather has me thinking about getting out for easy runs here and there, been a long time since I've wanted to do that.

We finally finished painting the basement so now we're working on getting the carpet ordered and installed, so close! I also had time to do quite a bit of little to-do's around the house and once the basement is done there will be some major organizing to do but it will feel great to have things reduced.

Janie - Thank you for prompting me to just check in :) I was thinking about it this morning and when I got your very sweet message I just did it so I wouldn't forget. You are getting some tough workouts in, great job!

Kathy - So glad you didn't leave :) How was your husbands show? You - as always - are hitting those workouts hard! I too am excited to see what Cathe has been up to in the studio, very thrilling!

Michelle - Toby sounds like the sweetest pup ever, smart is so important but like with kids it means they know how to push you and have their own ideas :)

Since I have access to all of Cathe's workouts, thanks to my husband :) what workouts series are a must do? Or are there any workouts that you just love that I need to be sure to try?

Cindy

Last night sure was a tough leg workout w/EBE2. I started off using my 15# dbs but by the time I reached the 3rd superset I had to go down to 12's. My legs today have major DOMS. Tonight will be KCM's Total Body Kickboxing one of the longer premixes incorporating both of the 30 min. workouts.

Janie Sis: I love Cardio Leg Blast. Good job on your hard workout.

Cindy: Great to have you back! I know your thrilled to finally almost have your basement finished. It will feel good to organize everything. My husband's show went well. There were about 50 people there & him & his drummer were asked back. Always a good thing. Hope all the kiddos are well now. Do you have Xtrain? If not, I would definitely get that set. Its very versatile.

Waves to Michelle!
Take care,
kathy

My SIL stayed with us last night because she had a flight out early this morning so I didn't get any exercise in - other than the 10 min Pilates I did in the morning. For the second week in a row my shoulder had acted up (like in hurt not DOMs) after doing side planks with my elbow down. The pain was gone after 2 days last week but then bam back after doing the move again yesterday. I'm not sure what is going on with it but next week I think I'll try the side planks with my hand down instead of my elbow. Tonight I'll do the 10 min Pilates (I've joined a friend for a 30 day Pilates challenge this month) and then RWH Circuit Upper Body if my shoulder allows. The kids have spring break so no cheer this week for Lily so she said she'll join me with my workouts :)

Kathy - Xtrain was one I was thinking about, I have some of the DVD's and enjoy those workouts so I'll have to get a rotation put together so I can try them all :) Glad your husband was asked back, that's awesome!

Cindy

Today was Pyramid Upper Body. I love this, really got a good workout.

Cindy, 10 min. Pilates is better than nothing, good job! OH OH about your shoulder. Enjoy tonight's workouts.

Kathy Sis, Great job on EBE2 and congrats on the leg DOM's. Those weights are fantastic!

Cindy, I really like ICE DVD's for a must do. Glad to see you are doing them. Good for you on watching what you are eating. Seems Winter months are hardest for people getting sick. Hoping you all will get past that and be healthy. Congrats on finishing painting the basement.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last night was KCM's Total Body Kickboxing the Interval Mix premix. I completely forgot that Kelly uses light dbs in this. Thought it was all cardio. Oh well still had a good workout. Tonight's KCM's Cardio Pump the Pump workout which is heavy weights for UB only. I definitely don't want to work my legs after EBE2. Tomorrow will be Cardio Pump but only the cardio part + Master Cardio which was a bonus disk from the Masters & Chisel set.

I'll be off tomorrow & on Friday will be taking a plane w/DS to VT. He has an interview on Saturday for Pharmacy School. He's not even nervous which is a good thing.

Cindy: Even 10 min. of Pilates is good. As long as your doing something. Enjoy your Pilates 30 day Challenge. When does it start? Uh oh what did you do to your shoulder? I sure hope it gets better. I believe Cathe has a few rotations for Xtrain in the User Guide book. Do you have the book? If not, maybe its online.

Janie Sis: Good job on Pyramid UB. That ones tough.

Waves to busy Michelle!
Take care,
Kathy

Today was 4DS Bootcamp (cardio only and Ab Circuits: weights & Plates. I'm sore...LOL!

I volunteered to sing and play my guitar on Friday afternoons for a senior home. I think doing so will get me ready for performing at the Woodfest this Summer. I don't want to go on stage in fear or stage freight. I want to be prepared. When I get there, will ask them what songs they would enjoy hearing. But for that day, they will have to hear the songs I know. Then will learn them and start playing songs that mean a lot to them. I can't wait! Will keep you informed. Yikes!!

Kathy Sis, Great job on KCM's TBK the Interval Mix premix. I like to use sometimes very light weights in a cardio. I hear it is OK as long as it is truly light weights. Enjoy your workout tonight. Good luck to DS and hope his interview for Pharmancy School is a good one.

Take care sissy,

Janie

Last edited:
Yesterday I did my 10 min Pilates, a shortened ICE chiseled lower body, and then Icy core #1. We've been getting snow again which is good since my poor trees have been fooled into thinking it's time to bud, makes me nervous when they're a good month early! I have Hiit, ICE MTB, and Zumba planned for the weekend with cleaning, laundry, cupboard organization, Easter egg decorating and a wine club in between. Should be a good weekend :)

Janie - That's so awesome you're going to play at a senior home, what a great idea to get your jitters out and to bring joy to them :) You have such a big beautiful heart! Way to hit those workouts!

Kathy - Enjoy the trip to VT, that's great he's not nervous but I know I would be! Good luck to him! Nice work on getting some great workouts in before your trip.

Cindy

Today was 4DS Kickbox. I'm liking kickbox.

We've been getting snow again which is good since my poor trees have been fooled into thinking it's time to bud, makes me nervous when they're a good month early! I have Hiit, ICE MTB, and Zumba planned for the weekend with cleaning, laundry, cupboard organization, Easter egg decorating and a wine club in between. Should be a good weekend :)

Cindy, Great job yesterday on 10 min. Pilates, short ICE chiseled LB and core 1. Oh No! Snow? Sounds like a lovely weekend. Enjoy.

Take care,

Janie

Got busy again this week--funny how that happens. Mostly sticking with Cathe's March rotation with some slight modifications here and there. For example: Thursday I did the first half of LIS Total Body Trisets, Friday the cardio and circuit portions of Body Max, and today the second half of LIS Total Body Trisets. Toby and I didn't have regular class this morning because Pup N'Iron was having a special weekend Trick Dog class that goes today and tomorrow. So, after a short walk this morning, Toby and I went "shopping." Not really, but we went to Lowe's and walked through the store, practicing loose leash walking and meeting people. Then we went to PetSmart and Petco to do the same thing. Ran into one of Toby's classmates and mom at PetSmart. Then we came home and did a 2 mile walk, and then I exercised. Not really nice here this weekend. When I finish this checkin, I'm back to doing taxes--trying to finish them up.

Janie: are you doing workouts from Cathe's March rotation? Looks like you are. A bunch of oldies but goodies in this rotation, don't you think?

Cindy: so nice to have you back. That's alot of workouts for this weekend. Good to see that you are going to get to wine a bit.

Kathy: enjoy Vermont with your DS. I hope he does well and that you are not nervous. LOL! What else are you guys doing while in Vermont?

Michelle

Day off today.

Michelle, Great job on Thur. 1st half of LIS, TBT, then Fri. cardio and circuit portions of BM and today 2nd half of LIS TBT. Also the short walk this morning and the 2 mile walk later, and going to Lowe's and PetSmart for a mini practice lesson for Toby. Yep, I'm doing Cathe's March rotation. You inspired me to do it. Love the oldies.

Take care Sweet Pea,

Janie

Had a fast weekend. The kids joined me for X10 Fat Burn on Friday night, Brodie was saying his butt was sore the next day :). Saturday I did a PiYo workout and Sunday I did my 10 min Pilates and Zumba. Lots of outdoor time as the weekend was beautiful and some basketball with the kids. Tonight I'll do my Pilates - slept in this morning as I didn't want to get up - and then I'll do Chiseled Upper Body.

Janie - I always enjoy the kickbox workouts :) I hope you enjoyed your day off!

Michelle - I hope you got your taxes wrapped up, I always dread them. Sounds like a great time for Toby, I'm sure people can't resist but to meet him :)

Cindy

The trip to VT went well. Plane ride was only 47 min. but cold for sure. It was 37 degrees. We decided to check out the Church Street Marketplace which has stores & restaurants. DS & I had lunch & dinner there. We walked to the Aquarium & Science Center but unfortunately it was only for little kids. DS's interview went well according to him. Now its just a waiting game. Hopefully he'll hear from all the other colleges that he applied to. Long process for sure.

Got back to NY on Saturday afternoon. I sure was glad to leave 18 degrees. DH performed at The Irish Pub Saturday night for 4 hours. Unfortunately he threw his back out Saturday morning. Not to mention that he also had a flat tire while his car was parked at the pub. I called AAA & took care of his tire. DH was hurting on Sunday but managed to deal w/his tire Monday morning. What a weekend.

As far as workouts go I only managed to do on Thursday KCM's Lean Body Circuits workout #1. Sunday was KCM's Cardio Pump Shoulders & Arms from the Pump premix & also did the Hammer & Chisel Master Cardio. Nothing to write about on the cardio. I probably will use it as an add-on. Tonight I'll do EBE2 Glutes.

Janie Sis: What a wonderful thing to do for the seniors. I'm sure you have no stage fright at all. Great workouts too.

Cindy: That's one pack load of activities for the weekend. Great workouts you did. Did you finish all of the egg decorating?

Michelle: I'm sure everybody wanted to pet Toby in the stores you visited. We had snow last night but not much this morning. Just a dusting. Great workouts as usual. Did you finish up your taxes?

Take care everyone,
Kathy

Today is IMAX2 Yikes! But only on my own terms. LOL I modified for sure on this one. Most of the time I have to.

Kathy Sis, I'm so glad your trip went well, was thinking about and how you were doing. Yikes that is cold weather 37 degrees. Aw, sorry about the center for kids only. Nice to know your DS thinks the interview went well. Sure hope all goes well for him. Keep us posted. I'm fighting stage fright by singing for them and in turn they get some entertainment. Fair trade I think. After the first song I started feeling good about it. You are so good about exercising while traveling. I'm in a mind set when I travel, no time for it. Very proud of you for doing Thr. KCM's LBC workout 1. Sun KCM's CPS&A from prem. and the Hammer & Chisel Master Cardio. Good Job!

Cindy, I do enjoy my days off, so does my body, LOL! Great job for you and the kids for doing X10 Fat Burn on Fri. Funny Brodie got DOM's the next day. Also for Sat. PiYo and Sun. 10 min. Pilates and Zumba. I wished I had a Zumba DVD's. There are so many it's confusing which one to get. Ugh... I try. Nice that the weather was good and was able to do outside activity.

Take care everyone,

Janie

I changed my mind last night & did instead KCM's Trim Down workout #1 which worked my legs/shoulders/biceps. Tonight I'll do KCM's Muscle Up Lift 2 Be Fit. I'll see if there's a premix for back/bis + I'll do RWH Abs #1.

Janie Sis: Stage fright will get better the more times you perform. My DH never gets the jitters anymore but he's also by profession a sales rep. He's always on stage. LOL Wow IMAX 2! I haven't done that one in ages. But I do remember one time in Cathe's rotation she had us doing all 3 IMAXES in one week. It was doable. Of course I was much younger then. I doubt I could do it today. Good job on accomplishing the workout. I never workout while being out of town. I didn't workout on Friday or Saturday when I was in VT. Thx so much for your well wishes for my DS.

Waves to Cindy & Michelle!
Kathy

Today was Pyramid Lower Body. I'm still here. Modified of course and always.

Kathy Sis, Great job on ICM's Trim Down 1, working legs, shoulders and biceps. Enjoy tonight's workout. Yep, I can see myself not getting scared in front of the people at the home, but not sure how it will be on stage. Will just keep plugging along.

Take care,

Janie

Thanks Janey for the encouragement to rejoin the check in. As you all know I have had a really difficult few years and I am just now trying to get back on my feet.

Today was STS Meso cycle 1 Week 2 Legs. I h ave decided to do the 6 1/2 month STS rotation again as I get good results and strength gains.

My weight loss goal is to lose 35 lbs! Yikes.... I just started to work with a Dr because I have some metabolic issues along with life stress and grief that have contributed to the weight gain. I get my blood work done this week and we will go from there!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.