Getting Our Licks In!

I can't believe it, but I forgot to do my exercises yesterday. I was fusing remains in glass. Ugh...

You all are doing well, I'll catch up somehow. Or not... But will do my exercises today for sure.

Janie

Janie Sis: You've been so busy w/all your interesting hobbies/projects its no wonder exercise is left by the wayside. Sounds interesting what your working on. Care to elaborate?

Last night was S90D (Shoulders/Arms). This was done in a superset fashion which is my favorite. Tom Holland did shoulders/biceps/triceps for 4-5 supersets. I lost count as to how many sets there were. My arms are toast today.

Tonight's cardio but I never liked the Cardio Challenge one due to the music. Instead will do RWH LI HIIT #1.

Waves to Michelle & Cindy!
Kathy

Nobody seems to post anymore. Unless your all on FB instead. I don't believe I'll be posting anymore.

Take care everyone,
kathy

It was a very busy week. I have been given the opportunity to lead a study for the Commandant of the Marine Corps and getting the study proposal written has taken up most of the past week. I got a draft to the Major General who is acting as the sponsor for the Commandant, got his comments back yesterday, and now have some revisions to do. Kept up with exercise through Wednesday; was not able to exercise Thursday and yesterday just got away from me so no exercise yesterday either. Today, Toby and I had training this morning and I did ICE Low Impact Sweat this afternoon. I'm trying to do Cathe's March rotation. It's a mix of her workouts across the years--should be fun. I finally have actually started doing taxes and have the first set of forms done for DH to look at so I thought I'd take a break from that and check-in here. A little chilly in Virginia today but the next week is supposed to be spring-like weather--WHOOPEE!

Kathy: Nothing wrong with breezing through ab workouts and having strong abs! Whose workouts are on the rotation you are doing? Okay--I reread your post and you mention Tom Holland. I have never heard of him. Sounds like lots of weight work.

Janie: I saw your sourdough bread pictures on FB. I think you went a little bread crazy. Very exciting news about your upcoming music gig. Did you ever think you would be a rock star?

Waves to Cindy. Nice to have you drop in Caitlin.
Michelle

My daughter has been sick and I've been over there helping out. No exercise for me since Tues. Ugh...

Kathy Sis, Oh NO! I'm so sorry about being so bad at posting. Please reconsider coming back. I'm so so sorry. I'll make a point to post everyday. You mean so much to me. Your insight on exercises and personal caring is amazing! I guess I truly didn't think anyone would leave. I want to give back what you have given me. Gosh Darn IT!

Michelle, Wow, leading a study for Commandant of the Marine Corps. Very impressive! Keep us posted. You and I need to get back into our routines. I will start yet again on Mon. Great job on ICE Low Impact Sweat this afternoon. I saw March Rotation. Hmmmm, maybe I should begin there too. Good for you doing your taxes. It's always nice when those are done. Our weather is rain, rain and more rain. Ugh... No rock star, but so nice to do something you never thought you would. Yikes!

Cindy and Caitlin, please come back as well, missing your inputs. We need them!

Janie

Hmmm. Not sure if we have lost Kathy. I hope not. Spring has come to Virginia this week. Thank goodness. Toby and I got a 2 mile walk in this morning and I anticipate doing another 2 miles later this afternoon. XTRAIN cardio leg blast timesaver premix interval/blasts 6-12. Love the second half of this workout just a bit more than the first half which is why I went with the timesaver that I did. Toby and I also have class tonight. I'm trying to be more diligent with him in our training. I figure his shortcomings are really a reflection on me--not enough practice and follow through. Trying to be better about that. He is a very smart dog--if I let him get away with something, he just keeps pushing the boundaries. Can't blame him; up to me to stay with the program.

Janie: sometimes a mommy has to be a mommy. Don't feel bad about not exercising. Today is a new day.

Kathy: don't leave, COME BACK, COME BACK!!!

Michelle

Today was Tabatacise. Whew! Refreshing, LOL!

Kathy, Cindy and Caitlin : don't leave, COME BACK, COME BACK!!!

Michelle, Spring? You are so lucky. We have rain and sunshine here today. Good going on you and Toby getting 2 miles walk in this morning. Also for doing XTRAIN cardio leg blast timesaver prem/b;asts 6-12. Enjoy the class tonight with Toby.

Take care everyone,

Janie

OK Ladies I'm not going anywhere!!! You convinced me to come back.

Saturday I did S90D (chest/shoulders/triceps). Tom Holland always starts us off w/abs. From all the computer work that I do my right hand which has arthritis has gotten much worse. It was difficult for me to do certain exercises but I gritted my teeth & forged on. Sunday was Rapid Fire 4 Sweat the Boxing + Core premix. Monday was S90D Legs. The best leg workout is really from EBE2. Never found another workout to top this even all of Cathe's. Tonight will be Cathe's HIIT 30/30.

Janie Sis: I hope your daughter's feeling better now. Nothing like having your mom take care of you. Good job getting back to exercising. How many of the Tabatacize's did you do? I seem to poop out by the 3rd round. I'd like to make my own jewelry especially beaded. Are there any instructional books that you know of? I need a hobby besides working out & watching tv. :)

Michelle: That's another long 4 mile walk you took Toby on. Great job for getting in all of your exercise while being extremely busy. You must be so tired at the end of your day. I keep telling you that your a VIP didn't I? Now I know for sure you are. Hope you had fun at Toby's training class last night. Its certainly spring here too. By tomorrow its expected to be in the 70's. Yipee!

Waves to Cindy!
Have a great day today everyone!
Kathy

Today was Step Moves. I LOVE this one! So much fun.

Kathy Sis, Yay! I'm so glad you decided to stay. (Doing my Happy Dance LOL!) Welcome back Kathy! Great job on S90D chest, shoulders and triceps. I like a workout that starts out with abs. Just like to get them over with. Oh NO! I'm sorry to hear about your arthritic hand. From what I understand, stretching and using your hand (just like you are doing) is a good thing. Great job on Sun. Rapid Fire 4 Sweat the Boxing and Core prem. And Mon. S90D Legs. I'm going to have to check out EBE2's leg workout. Enjoy tonights Cathe's workout.

My daughter is doing pretty good right now. She's trying to sell her house and I think she is overwhelmed by it.
I only did 3 Tabatacize. Yep, I pooped out and just couldn't do anymore. LOL
There are many books out there on how to make your own jewelry. Amazon has plenty to view before you purchase. Most of them are all good. I can't wait to see some photos of your work. It's a good hobby. Make sure you get wire cutters, two kinds of needle nose pliers and some pliers as well. Those are the tools I use all the time.

Take care and glad you are back,

Janie

Last night was a great workout w/Cathe's 30/30. I haven't done this one in a very long time. I usually did the Pyramid one. Tonight's S90D (Back/Biceps). I'm sure to have a good workout w/this one. Next week I'll do a KCM rotation. I wish I could have afforded her fitness weekend coming up next month but its very expensive $345 + the hotel cost. Amy Bento Ross is presenting as well as Sharon Twombly. How I wish I could be there + get to be in a new workout.

Janie Sis: Thx for letting me know about Amazon books. I'll check it out. You had a great workout too w/Step Moves. I never could figure out the choreography. My arthritic hand is better, however, its coming from using the mouse on my computer due to my job. I'll need to take a break from it at lunch time. EBE2 Legs is awesome but TOUGH. We've seen all the exercises before, however, its the way its sequenced that makes it tough. Glad to hear your daughter's feeling much better. I know what its like selling & buying a house. Very stressful. Hope all goes well for her.

Waves to Michelle & Cindy!
Take care,
Kathy

Cross Train Express Kickbox. OMG! I'm dying! LOL!

Kathy Sis, My most favorite of Cathe's DVD is 30/30! Great Job! Enjoy tonight's workout. Wow, seems alot of instructors are having DVD's coming out at the same time. Darn! That would be a strain on money. Save... Thank you for he encouraging words on my daughter. Yep, I have to agree, selling a house is awful stressful. She'll make it through... Poor baby. It will eventually sell, just a matter of patience.

Take care and try to buy some new DVD's if you can. Especially one you really really like. LOL

Janie

Pyramid Upper Body Pyramid Up Premix this morning, plus a nice 2 mile walk with Toby this morning and another mile walk this evening. We'll be heading out to handling class in about 15 minutes so I thought I'd try to do a quick check-in. Still very busy at work and that is not going to change anytime soon. There is an AKC sanctioned match the last Saturday of this month that I think Toby and I will enter. Matches are conformation practice opportunities (no points for winning) but you get experience being in the ring and feedback from the judge. It's being held just outside Winchester VA which is about an hour and a half drive from my house. The match is at 3 in the afternoon, so Toby and I can go to class in the morning and then drive over to Winchester, register for the match, and then give it a go. I doubt DH will want to go with me. Might see if one of my lady friends who are active in canine performance activities would want to join us.

Janie: I think I did Cross Train Express Kickbox last week. That is a fun one. So glad you are getting back into exercising a few days a week.

Kathy: doing a workout weekend is lots of fun. Yes, they are a little expensive but you won't be sorry if you do one. I've loved every Cathe roadtrip and I bet the KCM roadtrips are great too. Love those HIIT workouts. Hope your hand continues to feel better. Are there hand stretching exercises that you can do to help?

Michelle

Last night I managed to get through S90D Back & Biceps without too much pain. Tonight's Cathe's Extended Stretch. My body needs it. Friday will be my rest day.

Janie Sis: I love CTX Kickboxing. Out of all of Cathe's kickboxing workouts the one I trashed (sorry) was Hard Strikes. I know you love 30/30 & I was visualizing you working out right next to me. LOL I know that Tony Horton's new military training dvds are out already. I have no interest whatsoever training like the military. Perhaps Michelle would like these workouts but can she tolerate the silliness of Tony Horton? KCM's new dvds won't be available until summer thank goodness. I have some time to save.

Michelle: I still have Pyramid UB on VHS. I never bought the dvd. That's a great workout. That's exciting going & entering into the AKC match. I wish your DH would reconsider & go w/you. Wish I lived closer b/c I would love to go w/you. I've been to Cathe's 1st large (105) roadtrip back in 2005. Had a blast. Unfortunately hand doesn't feel any better. Oh well I'll muddle through.

Waves to Cindy!
Take care,
Kathy

Today was MM. I love this one! Felt sooooo good to get some weight lifting in.

Kathy Sis, Great job on S90D back & biceps. And the wonderful stretch I'm sure you experienced. Aww, I had a good time working out with you on 30/30, LOL! Yeah, Toni needs to be taken with a grain of salt. He's good.

Michelle, Great job on Pyramid Upper Body Pyramid Up Premix. And a nice 2 mile walk with Toby and another mile tonight. I know what busy means, just try to find some time to smell the roses when you get a chance. The AKC match sounds really good. Enjoy.

Take care,

Janie

Got in a real good stretch last night w/Extended Stretch. My favorite one. Today's my rest day.

Janie Sis: MM too is my favorite total body workout. Great job. Glad you enjoyed 30/30 working out w/me!! LOL

I wonder what new product Cathe's endorsing. Maybe Cathe did a workout to go along with the product? Always fun to speculate. What do you & Michelle think it is? I'm hoping for some new gliding disks.

Saturday night my DH is performing at a new bar/grill called Bar One & Grill. Friends will be there. Should be fun.

What's everybody up to this weekend?

take care,
Kathy

Hi everyone. Today was a Cathe oldie: Step Heat. Not that hard but I managed to work up a good sweat. It's been a while since I've done a 59 minute workout. I feel a rest day coming on. Not sure if it will be tomorrow or Sunday. Weekend plans include training class with Toby, maybe a trip into Fredericksburg to Dog Crazy with Toby to take advantage of their customer appreciation weekend, some yard work, and finishing taxes.

Kathy: you are correct: I cannot tolerate Tony Horton's silliness. I don't have any of his workouts but sister had something (maybe P90x) and we did one of his workouts when I was visiting her a few years ago. Couldn't stand his yammering. I'm more likely to try a KCM workout based on your recommendations. A stretch sure sounds good. Hope you enjoyed your rest day today and I must have missed something: is Cathy endorsing a new product?

Janie: I think I did MM one day last week; I think it was the timesaver premix. Great total body workout. You are doing great on your workouts. You are really getting back in the groove.

Michelle

Did 30/30 today. I was in 7th heaven!

Michelle, OOOOO LOVE Step Heat! I always SWEAT! LOL! Enjoy your weekend plans for Toby, yard work and taxes.

Kathy Sis, Great job on a stretch last night, enjoy your rest day. Guess who was with me while I was doing 30/30? You are an inspiration. Whatever Cathe has up her sleeve will be great. I'm ready with my credit card!!! LOL!

Michelle, Great job on PUBPUPremix and a 2 mile walk with Toby and another mile walk this evening. I'm sorry you are way to busy. Good vibes your way. The AKC sanctioned match sounds great for you and Toby. A very busy day indeed.

Take care all,

Janie

Chilling out for a few minutes after a busy morning. Toby and I walked for two miles this morning, then after breakfast, I threw his tug for about 10 minutes before loading him in the SUV and going to class. We had a great class this morning. The first half of class, the instructor split us into two teams and we played an impulse control game. Then we went outside and practiced loose leash walking and more impulse control practice. After class, Toby and I ran a couple of errands. Came home, took about a mile walk and then the pup was tired. He took a nap and I did 4DS Kickbox. Now after lunch, I'm trying to decide what is next on the agenda for the day. Maybe some more play time outside with Toby. I also need to groom him a bit, especially his paws.

Janie: way to go with 30/30. Love those HIIT workouts. Question for you: do you brush your dogs' teeth? I'm trying to "brush" Toby's teeth everyday. I focus on one side at a time and try to hit them all by the end of the day. I'm hoping eventually he will get used to this. Just wondering if you brush their teeth and how that goes.

Waves to Cindy and Kathy.
Michelle

Today was Muscle Endurance. Hard but good. Love lifting.

Michelle, I use to brush my dogs teeth. Hmmm, Thank for reminding me. I'll do that too. It use to go well. I don't know why I ever stopped. Haven't with Lefty, and will let you know how it goes with him.
Great job on you and Toby's walks. He must love classes! It all sounds wonderful for a dog. Great job on 4DS Kickbox. He is such a wonderful spoiled pup.

Waves to Cindy and Kathy.

Take care,

Janie[/QUOTE]

Had good workouts this weekend. Saturday did KCM's Athletic Conditioning 2 workout #1. This is a circuit. Sunday was KCM's Shape Up (Tabata + weights in between the tabata drills) + Athletic Conditioning 2 abs/stretch. The ab/stretch is different as you do a couple of ab exercises & then you do a stretch. Tonight will be EBE2 Legs.

Michelle: Toby loves his walks & classes doesn't he? You must be exhausted w/all you do. I too like 4DS Kickboxing.

Janie Sis: Great job on ME. That ones not easy.

Waves to Cindy!
Have a great day.
Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.