Getting Our Licks In!

Hi everyone. I'm in Camp Lejeune. Had a good first day of meetings with Marines at the Marine Expeditionary Force Headquarters, Radio Battalion, and Intell Battalion. More meetings tomorrow. Did JM Yoga this morning and took a nice 20 minute walk before dinner this evening. Just got back from a nice dinner at a Moroccan restaurant; had beef sheesh kabob and couscous salad. Yummy. Now, I'm watching the Nationals baseball game. I'm going to have to get my on-line golden retriever fix next.

Janie: Are you repeating the second week of Meso 1, week 2?

Kathy: welcome back to the work world. The first day back is like a rude awakening, isn't it?

Cindy: happy to have you back. I was starting to worry a little that you had gone missing for good. Slide and glide is alot of fun. Enjoy x10!

Hi to sister.
Michelle

I couldn't get on Cathe's site last night. Hmmmm Went to the beach to harvest some razor clams. Got my limit of 15.
When we were young Mom and Dad always took us out camping and one of the things we did was harvest butter clams. We steamed them and ate them with butter. So I prepared these clams as well the same way. These clams are so much larger! They were rubbery and I couldn't stomach the innards. Not that it was awful just couldn't get it past my mouth. Went to an art meeting and told them my story and (friendly friends) laughed (I did too) because that was not how to prepare them. LOL Got all kinds of eek, ug, yuck responses. LOL They told me what to do for the next time and it sounds soooooo much better. Will try it again tonight

Kathy Sis, Great job on STS TB Lower premix and Susan Chung's Rapid Fire 2 abs. I'm going to have to look up Susan Chung.

Cindy, Great job with Slide and Glide. I can't wait for you to have more time in the evenings. You poor thing. (hugs)

Michelle, It's always nice I bet to have a good meeting with Marines. Great job on JM Yoga this morning and a 20 min. walk before dinner. Yuuuuuummmmm, a Moroccan restaurant sounds so good to me right now. I also can't wait for you to get another golden retriever. When you do I want to hear all about it. I am doing 2ned week again of STS Meso week 2. I'm really going slow this time and making sure I don't injure myself.

Take care everyone,

Janie

5-21-14

Last night was the 21 DF Pilates. I do some other pilates workouts so I'll try something different next week. Tonight will be KCM's Bootcamp workout #2. I haven't tried this one yet.

Michelle: Your dinner sounds YUMMY! I haven't had Moroccan food in quite while. Hope your meetings don't run late for you. Sounds to me as if you'll be getting that new puppy sooner rather than later. :)

Janie Sis: Harvesting clams!! Your a jack of all trades aren't you. I much prefer steamers opposed to clams & DH likes to eat oysters. I wouldn't have any idea how to harvest clams but you gave me a chuckle when you found out that it wasn't the right way to harvest them. Susan Chung has 3 different kickboxing workouts. I much prefer #2 & #3 as her first offering Susan wasn't all that comfortable before the camera + the combos were meh.

Cindy: Good to hear from you. Its not easy being you. Slide and Glide is a goodie & have fun w/X10.

Take care,
Kathy

Still in North Carolina. Another good day of meetings. One more half day tomorrow and then we drive back to Northern Va. Did Travel Fit this morning. Always a good "travel" workout. Not sure what I will do tomorrow. Maybe another yoga workout. Going on travel always provides a good opportunity to do yoga. Thinking about going for a walk here in a little bit. Weather is absolutely gorgeous and there is a nice breeze blowing.

Michelle

Today Rolly and I went to walk the beach for an hour. Also did STS disc 5, back and triceps. Played the guitar for a longer period of time. YaHoo! Only 15 min. longer. LOL But it's an improvement.

Kathy Sis, Great job on 21 DF Pilates. I harvested the clams OK just didn't prepare them for eating the right way. LOL. Enjoy your next workout.

Michelle, Great job on Travel Fit. Yoga is good too, especially traveling. Well, you know that. LOL Enjoy your walk.

Take care all,

Janie

Last edited:
Hello!

Today is field day at school. I won't have much to do since all my classses are cancelled. Tomorrow is it...the last day of school. Everyone is so excited. Next week is a teacher work week plus a few professional development days. But that is easy peezy lemon squeezy.

Today I will do Cardio Core Circuit. Not one of my favorites but I'll give it my all. I have been supplementing with BCAA's on the days I lift weights. At first I didn't see much difference but have stuck with it, and all of a sudden I am powering through my weight workouts like never before. After these workouts I also add some creatine to my water. Recovery time is slashed big time. I'm sure GNC is happy with my business, since these products aren't cheap, but they are affective and I'm seeing good results.

Seems like everyone is busy, but still getting their licks in. Work, work!

~Renee~

Walked the beach with Rolly and later did disc 6, legs.

Renee, Wow, can't believe it's the last day of school. Where did the time fly to? I use to use creatine as well, but didn't do it consistently. Very proud of you for seeing results. YaHoo! Good for you!

Take care,

Janie

Hi everyone. Got home Thursday night. It was an early and long day. Didn't get to exercise--first official break day in quite a while. Friday, I did the bonus circuit workout on Cathe's Greatest Hits 1, followed by 21 day fit 10 minute fit for abs. Today I did Slow and Heavy Chest and Back--went with heavy weights and took a little longer breaks between each exercise set so it took a little longer but that was okay. After cleaning up, I got energetic and gave my master bath a super scrub.

Sister: good for you doing Cardio Core Circuit. I know how much you love to hate that one. ;) But I bet it's getting easier to do. I'm eyeing those magic bullet blenders at the Walmart, Target, and Bed Bath and Beyond. I realized that we have a GNC right here in North Stafford, which is quite convenient for getting that protein drink stuff that you get.

Janie: You are almost through your second week of the second week of meso 1--Sweet! Sounds like you are having fun with the guitar. How are your fingers feeling?

Hi to Cindy, Laura, and Kathy.
Michelle

Today was a rest day for me. Been thinking for me I'd like to change it up a bit and do some other DVD's of Cathe so I can use more of my DVD's. I'm not giving up, nothing like that, just feel the need to use other DVD's I've purchased and some I've never opened up yet. Yikes! I love dance, so I'll be doing Ab core (the two ball room women teach it), Brazil Butt lift and Latin dance cardios. I need to do this.

Michelle, Great job on Friday's bonus circuit on Greatest Hits 1 and 21 day fit 10 min. fit for abs. Also for today's Slow and Heavy Chest and Back. Ooo like that you used heavier weight. And for the cleanmaxing the bathroom. My finger are surprisingly much better. That's good, because now I can practice much longer and really get to learn. I now know by heart and in any order the key of A by using the chords A, D and E. Now to get some beat into me. These 3 chord I found out will allow me to play "Wild Thing". On of my most favorite songs in the 60's. By the Trogs. My heart pounded so hard when I heard them on the radio, just like the Beatles did then. LOL Haven't played piano for awhile. It really is hard to learn two musical instruments at once. So on the back burner it goes and will come back to it every so often. Later I'll get serious with it.

Take care,

Janie

Today was a rest day for me. Been thinking for me I'd like to change it up a bit and do some other DVD's other than Cathe so I can use more of my DVD's. I'm not giving up, nothing like that, just feel the need to use other DVD's I've purchased and some I've never opened up yet. Yikes! I love dance, so I'll be doing Ab core (the two ball room women teach it), Brazil Butt lift and Latin dance cardios. I need to do this.

Michelle, Great job on Friday's bonus circuit on Greatest Hits 1 and 21 day fit 10 min. fit for abs. Also for today's Slow and Heavy Chest and Back. Ooo like that you used heavier weight. And for the cleanmaxing the bathroom. My fingers are surprisingly much better. That's good, because now I can practice much longer and really get to learn. I now know by heart and in any order the key of A by using the chords A, D and E. Now to get some beat into me. These 3 chord I found out will allow me to play "Wild Thing". One of my most favorite songs in the 60's. By the Trogs. My heart pounded so hard when I heard them on the radio, just like the Beatles did then. LOL Haven't played piano for awhile. It really is hard to learn two musical instruments at once. So on the back burner it goes and will come back to it every so often. Later I'll get serious with it.

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
Happy Memorial Day and God bless our troops and especially those servicemembers who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

Yesterday, I did Cathe's Greatest Hits, Steps volume 1, Timesaver 1. These step workouts definitely give you a good aerobic workout. DH and I visited with my aunt, uncle, cousin, cousin-in-law, and their new baby girl, Emy Lou who is so tiny--about 5 lbs, give or take an ounce. Seeing my cousin hold his daughter and feed her was really special. Today I did slow and heavy legs and shoulders. Now watching the Nationals baseball game.

Janie: I'm not surprised that you are steadily making progress on the guitar. First, you've been good about practicing and second, you are so artistic to begin with. And there is nothing wrong with changing up your workouts, as long as you keep working out. Sometimes we just get a hankering to do something different--the diversity is good for the muscles and the mind.

Hope everyone is enjoying the long holiday weekend and getting their licks in.
Michelle

Walked the beach with Rolly and Taco (baby sitting for 6+ weeks) for about 30 min. Tonight I did part of Bum Bum by Brazil Butt Lift. Fun.

Michelle, Happy Memorial Day to you as well. May God protect and guide our troops in the past life to the present and in the future. Great job on Steps volume 1 Timesaver 1, Hits Steps. It's always such a special time to be with family especially with a new baby. Enjoy! Aw thank you for saying I'm OK by changing my workouts as I did. I can almost play (the beginning part) of "Wild Thing" on the guitar. Thinking by the end of the week, I'll get it. And then will be able to learn the 2nd part of the song.

Take care,

Janie

5-27-14

Sorry I've been MIA. Saturday I did Xtrain's chest/back/shoulders; Sunday was Xtrain Cardio Blast; Monday was Xtrain's ROKO Cardio Gloves + Heavy Bag premix. Tonight will be Xtrain's biceps/triceps/core #2 premix. I'm doing this week the Undulating rotation.

Memorial Day weekend was a blast. DH performed w/his drummer Friday night at The Swiss Tavern; Saturday the weather was lousy so just ran my errands & got my hair done; Sunday DH & I went out to the North Fork where all the Long Island wineries are. Had wine tastings & lunch out there. Monday I went shopping & DH went to the beach.

Michelle: Family get togethers are always nice especially with a little baby. :) You had good workouts too.

Janie Sis: I'm always changing up workouts so its fine w/me that you changed things up. Its all about working out. Have fun w/Brazil Butt Lift. I have the whole set & like it especially High & Tight. I must've missed something. Who's Taco? LOL

Waves to Cindy (hope you weren't involved w/those horrible mud slides!); Renee & Laura.

Take care
Kathy

Taco is my daughters part pug and Chihuahua mix with a bad hip. Poor little guy. We walked the beach for a good 45 min. today. Taco loves walking the beach and it doesn't seem too bad on him. We need to get him to loose some weight. I'm soooooo excited about the Cathe's new DVD's, I can't wait!

Kathy Sis, Great job on Xtrain chest, back and shoulders, For Sun. Xtrain Cardio Blast, Mon. Xtrain ROKO Cardio Gloves and Heavy Bag premix and for tonight's Xtrain biceps, triceps and core #2 premix. It sounds like so much fun DH performing with his drummer Friday night. Also getting errands and hair done. Also for visiting the wineries. Hmmmm.

Take care everyone,

Janie

21 day fit CardioFit today. Like a Cathe HIIT but it's 60/20 vice 40/20. Same effect--huff and puff and lots of sweat.

Kathy: sounds like a nice weekend even with one less than great weather day. Hope you treated yourself to something nice on your day of shopping yesterday. Great job on all those XTRAIN workouts. Must be "get the hair done" time. I've got my hair appointment later in the week.

Janie: helping Taco too lose some weight should help the strain on his bad hip. I bet Rolly is enjoying having a puppy pal. I'm excited about Cathe's new dvds. I'll be pre-ordering those for sure.

Hi to Cindy, Laura, and sister.
Michelle

Happy Hump Day!

Work week is slow and boring. On the upside, since we don't have to be in at 7 in the morning, but 8:30 instead, I've been getting my workout in EARLY. Kinda nice to go home and not have to worry about finding the energy to workout because its already done!

The local Golds Gym has a 50/50 special for a 6 month membership. $119. Thats pretty good I think. I just have to go and check it out and see if its the "right fit" for me. There are a couple of other places to look into so time will tell.

The new Cathe DVD's look awesome. Right up my ally. I'll definately pre-order.

Janie, sounds like you are doing great with the guitar. Slow and steady wins the race. And good for you for wanting to mix it up with your workouts. I had to do that too. Went through Jillians Body Revolution, then P90X and finally back to Cathe and STS. I will be finishing up with meso 3 by next Thursday. One week left! I've gotten the results I was hoping for. Hooray!

Kathy, bravo, on the XTRAIN workouts. I am debating on doing that if I don't join the gym.
Maybe mix some LIS in there too. Who knows.

Keep up the good fight and work-work!

Renee

5-28-14

Last night had a pretty good workout w/Xtrain. I just love this series. I did receive in the mail KCM's new Muscle Up dvd. I'm going to try this one out next week. Kelly's hauling some serious weights in these workouts. Tonight its 21DF Pilates. I just love this one.

Michelle: My shopping day was fun. I wound up buying some new shorts which I needed. Glad you like Cardio Fix. Still haven't reached for that one but maybe next week I'll revisit it & tell you why I don't like it.

Janie Sis: Taco sounds so cute! Losing weight will definitely help the little guy w/his hip.

Renee: I just love Gold's Gym. I hope you go w/that gym. You've been busy w/your workouts. AOLIC is on the agenda for tomorrow speaking of low impact.

I too am EXCITED for these new Cathe dvds. I remember someone on her forums asking Cathe re contrast training & low & behold there's the email. I'll be ordering on the first day for sure. You don't even have to think about it.

Take care,
Kathy

Will post my workout later.

Just testing out my drawing of Fordite. It is paint remnents in the 50's or 60's paint shop. They have been in the right conditions to harden and now able to take jewelry out of it. I still think it would be toxic though.

409518928.jpg

Also here is a pic of the shy Taco.
409519049.jpg

Last edited:
Got in 45 minutes of Slow and Heavy Triceps and Biceps this morning. Had to cut the workout short so I had enough time to get ready for work and then head over to Quantico for an 0900 meeting.

Janie: cute picture of Taco. Not sure about the toxic jewelry. Looks interesting, but toxic?

Kathy: contemplating the 21 day fix yoga or pilates workout for tomorrow. Supposed to be my rest day. Seems like alot of these women (Cathe, etc) use some hefty size weights.

Sister: will you stop working out at home if you join a gym? What about all those dvds?

Hi to Cindy and Laura. Get those licks in!
Michelle

More walking on the beach except this time by myself for an hour.

Michelle, Great job doing Slow and Heavy Tridceps and biceps. You did good doing 45 min. I'd like to have shorter workouts but same benefits as the longer workouts. Hmmm, if that's possible. Sure could use it for people like yourself that work. Although the Fordite is beautiful, because it is car paint long ago, I would not own a piece of it. I hear it is toxic. It may not be.

Take care,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.