Getting Our Licks In!

Had a relaxing weekend that has swiftly brought fall (lots of rain and cool temps including snow in the mountains) to Montana! I holed up and did canning, sewing, and crocheting :) Had a bit of a tummy issue this weekend so not much for exercise. I feel the need to really clean up my eating and think that's what my tummy issues were from so this week I'm focusing on fresh and clean foods so I can hopefully feel better. I want to do a Hiit workout tonight and did get To the Mat wrapped up this past weekend before my tummy started bothering me.

Brodie had a bit of an emotionally hard first day of Middle School but did better his second day, mostly the same kids but they merge 3 schools together so lots of new kids too. It's a lot to take in at that age. Lily had no issues and Lucas is happily doing swimming, gymnastics, and tumbling each week so he's pleased as punch.

Michelle - Busy months are tough but sounds like it's fun busy with the dog shows you are planning. I need to try party rockin step as I haven't done that one yet.

Janie - You'll get back to the workouts, life is always a cycle!

Cindy

I'm having difficulty with my exercises. The "Want" factor is gone. Ugh...

Michelle, Hope you enjoyed your breakday. Great day on Party Rockin Step 1. And you and Toby walking, playing or training. Wasn't it nice to have a day off for Labor Day holiday? No I can't believe you are planning your schedule out to Jan. already. Well, really, good for you! Michelle, I'm in such a slump. I'm trying really hard to get back into exercising, but the days go fast and all of a sudden it's time for bed. I thank you for your support and I think in order to get back into the groove I need a schedule. I will try as you suggest and do the short exercises in ICE. What happen to my mind? How do I get the "want" back? Ugh...

Cindy, Can't believe Fall is here already! And snow too? Wow! I'll be with you on the eating part, clean and healthy. Poor Brodie, it's hard to change when so young. Thank you for your support.

Take care everyone,

Janie

It was a busy week last week and here I am looking at the start of a new week that most likely will fly by as well. Did Cathe's Slow and Heavy weight work last week, mixed in with one RWH LIH cardio. Break days were on Friday and today. My back was not happy on Friday and slowly felt better over the day yesterday. I'm attributing the back issues to pre-separation anxiety. This week will be the first time that I go on business travel and Toby and I will be apart. My DH's health issues preclude him handling a 17-month golden retriever on his own for 5 days, so I took Toby to my breeder this afternoon and he will stay there with his mom, brothers, sisters, and the other Golden Dome golden retrievers until I pick him up on Friday night. It is weird not having him at home right now but this is the best solution and he will be well loved and cared for.

Janie: yup, it's hard to find that "want to exercise" feeling sometimes. You are so busy doing other things--maybe you need this break from an exercise regimen. Maybe you should try just doing exercise two or three times a week; not every day. And keep the workouts short so you don't get discouraged. I don't know if you like to exercise in the morning or the afternoon, but maybe it would work better if you do your workouts first thing in the morning before you start rolling on all your other activities. I saw all the bread that you and your daughter baked from the picture that you posted on FB. Sure does look good.

Cindy: changing schools is hard and Middle School is--well, Middle School. It's good to know that Brodie is having better days as things go along. It is good that Lily and Lucas are doing well with their routines. Before you know it, Brodie will be settled in. Tummy problems are no fun. I need to do better with my eating as well--big thing for me is no snacking or if I do, making sure I am eating fresh fruit. What do you think of To the Mat?

Hope everyone has a great week.
Michelle

Getting ready to start Cathe's Fat loss rotation. Will start on Mon. In between time will do some yoga and stretch. I need it!

Janie

Sorry, I've been MIA all week. I was on business travel to Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island, SC. Got back last night; spent all day with Toby. I'm exhausted but just wanted to check in real quick to let you all where I've been. I'll be back with more tomorrow.
Michelle

I might have ruined my painting in watercolor. I sprayed it to try to protect it. I'm so dumb. Liquid on watercolor? What was I thinking?

Michelle, Great job on your job traveling to Marine Corps Recruit Depot in SC. Nice to see you are back safely.

Janie

Back to exercising today. I was only able to get in 30 minute walks while on travel last week. Today, I did Basic Step and Toby "helped" me. So, I'm trying to get Toby to "relax," lay down, and chill out in the same room with me when I work out. I'm starting with Basic Step and then we will go from there. He did pretty good today. I was able to get through the whole routine and he didn't get in the way too much. He is a 17-month old puppy and he doesn't understand what is going on, so this is something that we are going to continue to work on. Just another form of impulse control in our ongoing training efforts. We did resume obedience training yesterday and next Saturday we add a nose-work class to our training. We have one show at the end of this month and then we will see what the show schedule looks like in October and November.

Janie: I'm not artistic and I do plenty of things that I probably did not think through all the way. Best way to learn is by making a mistake. Next time you will know! Where do I find Cathe's Fat Loss rotation? Sounds interesting. Maybe I will do it with you.

Waves to Cindy!
Michelle

The month is flying by! I'm fighting a head cold but decided that I could handle weights workouts so Saturday I did Xtrain bis & tris and yesterday I did Xtrain lower body. I hope to have the energy (whether the drive is there or not as I'm struggling too) to do Xtrain Hiit tonight. I'm going to do the 30 day XTRAIN rotation, I need some motivation right now. We have a busy week so I'm going to do my best to stay on top of chores and get enough sleep!

Michelle - I'm sure it was hard being away from Toby even though he was in a loving place. I really like To the Mat, it's a good one when I'm not up for high cardio but really burns those legs!

Janie - I hope your painting wasn't ruined, we all do those things! How did the first Fat Blast workout go?

Cindy

I've been sticking to the XTRAIN workouts this week and my muscles are sore! Tuesday night was Low Impact Hiit (only 1/2) and Burn Set Chest then last night was Tabatacise 1-2, Burn Set Back and 1/2 of Core 1. Food has been on track too. I need to remember that I really want to fit in my snow pants this year! Dave bought me skis and ski boots so I'm destined to be learning to ski this year. Tonight will be Cardio Leg Blast, Burn Set Bis, and Burn Set Shoulders, hoping I have time for all that! I have to bake some cupcakes for my SIL's baby shower on Saturday too, not sure how it's only Wednesday!

Janie & Michelle - Hope your week is going well and that you're sticking to your workouts. Fall is showing up in our trees, I hope you all are seeing the change too :)

Cindy

Hi guys. I hurt my back big time a couple of weeks ago. It started out a pinch every now and then, and had to be careful how I moved, then it got worse. It's just now feeling better. Wow, what an awful experience! I'm giving another week or so before I start the Fat Loss Rotation. I need to make sure my back is AOK so it doesn't happen again. I think it happened when I went for water at the other house. I lifted 4 huge blue containers full of water that was about 60 pounds or more each. Then put two in the back seat (which I'm sure I hurt it then, couldn't use my legs) and two in the front seat. It was very difficult. I kept thinking I might have ruined my back forever and made an appt. to see my doctor, but then it just now is getting better. I guess these things take awhile to heal.

During this time I realized how special exercising and eating healthy really is and having that opportunity at my fingertips. I had all this time in my life that I could be doing something wonderful to my body and didn't. Then during my back episode I realized what a waste of time not taking care of myself! Don't know why I'm one of the lucky ones to be here on earth, but I am. I ask then, why aren't you taking advantage of this and make your body the best it can be? A rude awakening for sure. So many benefits at my fingertips.

Cindy, Proud of you sticking to the XTRAIN w/o's and congratulation for sore muscles! Great job on LIHiit 1/2. Also for Burn Set Chest and for Tabatacise 1-2, Burn Set Back and 1/2 of Core 1. You seem to be doing really well. Good for you!. OOOO I bet you will look amazing in your snow pants this Winter. Something to work towards. Enjoy tonight's w/o.

Michelle, Traveling is a challenge to keep workouts going. Great job on the 30 minute walks. And for doing Basic Step while Toby helped. LOL! Glad Toby can be with you when you workout. Seems he's doing good with that. Also it looks like he is doing really well on training and shows. The Fat Loss Rotation is the May 2016 Rotation. Wish I could do it with you now, but in a week or so will start it. xoxo

My latest art work in watercolor, pencil and ink:
It's officially done. I'm not doing anymore to it.

Take care everyone, With certainty I've learned how truly important it is to exercise, eat healthy and stay fit for life. Grateful my hurt back wasn't more serious.

Janie

Last edited:
No workout today of course, but I did play my guitar and sang for the adult living. I recorded myself on my phone and it was really bad! Do I really sound that bad? OMW People keep telling me I'm doing OK. I have to trust what they are saying. And hope if is not so good, they will let me know, if they are friends. Then again, my husband tells me the truth all the time and so does my daughter, they say it's OK. Hope so. Ugh...

Janie

Busy week. I did a really stupid thing on Tuesday. I work in a "secure" space, so the door is extra heavy and we have to badge in. Well, usually I stand to the side when I'm opening the door but I didn't on Tuesday and the door went right over my toes which were exposed because I was wearing sandals. OUCH! Scaped up my middle toe and tore the nail. Not real bad but it's been a little sore so I took it easy a couple of days on exercise. Did Pilates on Wednesday morning and one of the timesave ICE Rock em Sock em workouts yesterday. Today, the toe is much better and I did Cross Train Circuits. Looks like it will be a Cross Train week this upcoming week.

Janie: not sure but I might have done the May rotation already so I might wait to see what Cathe's October rotation looks like. A strained/hurt back is the worst. If it is feeling better but you don't want to start the May rotation, a week of yoga would probably do your back good. Regarding the singing: I listened to your group on one of the videos that you posted on FB. I thought you all sounded pretty good. Remember, you are probably your worst critic!

Cindy: sounds like you are punching through your cold. Nothing like healthy eating and exercise to chase the germs away. Boy, when you decide to get back to working out, you sure go hard: Cardio Leg Blast, Burn Set Bis, and Burn Set Shoulders--thats one long workout session! What a wonderful example you are for your children.

Happy weekend to you both!
Michelle

Today was a break day although it has not felt like one. Toby and I were up about 6:30 this morning and we rolled! First thing: morning walkabout. Next, breakfast for Toby. Then off to Walmart for me to get my shopping done. I was looking for a small zippered canvas bag to use in Toby and my Scent Detectives class this morning but no luck. So, I just got my Walmart shopping done, came home, and loaded up for two classes this morning. First class was our regular obedience class from 9-10 am. Second class was a new class: Scent Detectives (also known as canine nose work) from 11-noon. In between the two classes Toby and I took a little walk and then just hung out until the second class began. Then we came home. Toby has been puppy snoozing off and on and DH and I watched the Va Tech football game. I can't sit still for a whole game so I did some housecleaning, laundry, and walked Toby while the game was on. Just chilling out now, enjoying the evening. Hope everyone is safe, healthy, and enjoying their weekend.

Michelle

Shopping for things like headbands waist trimmer...to start my exercises soon. I can't wait. I'll know when I'm ready, just getting ready for the long haul.

Michelle, Oh OUEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope your toes heal quickly. Ouch! Great job on Pilates on Wedn. and on of the timesavers of ICE Rock em Sock em. And for doing Cross Train Circuits. Yep, I'm sure you did the May Rotation as well. I bet the Oct. Rotation will be good too. I think I will take your advice and do some yoga very carefully. Thank you for saying what you said about our singing. That really makes me feel better about singing. Whew! I was really down in the dumps about it. I'm not going to video tape on my camera anymore. It's to depressing.

Cindy, Wow! Great job on Cardio Leg Blast, Burn Set Bis, and Burn Set Shoulders. You go girl! I'm proud of you.

Michelle, Glad to see you taking rest days. But you did a lot on your rest day! Great job on the morning walkabout, shopping, housecleaning, laundry and more walking with Toby.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Well my workouts at the end of the week petered out, we had company on Thursday night then drove to my parents on Friday night, threw a baby shower for my SIL Saturday, drove home early Sunday for 2 soccer games for Brodie and I was busy with catch up the rest of the night (laundry is a monster that never seems to die at my house!). Tonight I'll pick back up with Xtrain LIH +BSChest. Should be good. My cold is gone (woohoo!) and I did great with food, stuck to my plan even with the temptation of baby shower food (Dave did help me avoid the punch which I almost gave into). I am down 6 pounds in a week and for the first Monday in a LONG time I actually feel good in my clothes. I've noticed when I want to eat something carby/sugary it's not because I'm hungry - I'm excited for this week.

Janie - I'm so sorry about your back - that's tough & scary! Glad you're taking it easy until it's ready and I agree we do take our bodies abilities for granted. We are worth taking care of! That water color is gorgeous! You have such talent and remember our voices (even just talking) don't sound right to us when they are recorded. I hate when I hear myself talking on a video - I sound to high pitched and annoying!

Michelle - I cringed when I read about your toe, ouch! Glad it didn't hold you up too long. sounds like some good classes with Toby, the scent class would be fun :)

Cindy

Yesterday I went shopping and brought home clothes a size smaller than I am for incentive. I wear a 10 now, but want to be a size 8. Did laundry when I got home until I went to bed. LOL! Still feel a pinch every now and then. A clue not to exercise yet. I'm so ready, but have to be patient!

Cindy, Life sometimes get's in the way from ourselves with exercising. Like I did, just don't make it a habit. It's OK, you'll be fine. Just think of it as a rest week. But it sure wasn't rested for YOU. My lambs you've been busy! How was Xtrain LIH + BSChest? So glad your cold is gone and back to a healthy you. Very proud of you for not letting food temptations interfere with your plan. Congratulations Cindy for losing 6 pounds. Wow! Very proud of you! When clothes fit good, you know you feel good. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Will take your advice and I will remember about our voices not sounding right when recorded unprofessionally. I sound just like what you described, high pitched and annoying! LOL! Ok, I'l remember that. Thank you for sharing your experience, makes me feel better.

Take care,

Janie

Quick check-in: did Cross Train 10-10-10 yesterday and the step portion of Step Intervals today. So good to read everyone's posts. Keep getting those licks in.
Michelle

Last night went a little off kilter once the kids were down - Dave had a game on the TV and was working out in "MY" area. I was very annoyed! But I didn't let it throw me too off and I went to our bedroom to do Hardstrikes since it worked well in our limited space - only did 30 min but it was better than pouting/nothing. Tonight I'm going to do Xtrain legs + rear delts. Food was on track yesterday and today should be the same :)

Janie - Woohoo for getting some clothes to keep as an incentive! It's great to have things to work on and keep us focused! Keep letting your body heal :)

Michelle - Great job on those workouts!

Cindy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.