GETTING IT DONE January 2016 - January 2020

Hi everyone,

Just came home from the Urgent Care clinic . My knee is killing me, I am at a point were walking was got so painful I can't take it anymore. I can't walk up/or down stairs. They took X-rays, I have a Knee sprain. They rapped my knee in a elastic wrap for support. That means for the next few weeks no cardio, or lower body workouts. No overstitching of my knee. I have to ice/or heat on my knee. If the pain doesn't stop I need to see orthopedic. At least now I know what's wrong with my knee :( I will be a good girl and follow the doctors advice on resting and staying off my feet. I been in pain for over 3 weeks. I hope with lots of rest I will be up and running again soon. I decided to continue with Cathe's Bodybuilding rotation, only do the UB workouts, sitting. Once my knee feels better will go back and do where I left off and try to finish UB/LB? I am kinda bumped today is leg day and I love working my legs. I already have an appointment scheduled for my PF/heal spur at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. I am pushing it off for month because of Brawler.

I really don't know what I am going to do with myself, lol? This will be tough for me sitting so much :( I can't sit still for too long.....

Have a great day everyone.

Happy Sunday!

Finally getting my rear back in gear!
Yesterday - went to ballet class, then gave blood, so pretty much lo energy t the rest of the day
Today - went to CrossFit, which totally worked me because I have no cardio capacity (see gave blood above).

Belinda - On no! Yes, do the Upperbody as planned. Can you do some lower body work lying on the floor? At least those exercises where you are moving from the hip joint but not putting pressure on your knee? Thinking inner/outer leg lifts. If not, rest as prescribed so you get better quickly. Hopefully DH can take over for some of the work with your pup.

Lots of house stuff to do here, so better get rolling here. Back in the swing of things, so will be back tomorrow.

Hi everyone,

I recently bought BARLATES BODY BLITZ Fit in 5, I am am glad I did :) She had a buy one get one free sale last week. I did the UB = 36. I did the entire workout sitting and used a band. Perfect when you have injuries or go on vacation. My UB was burning. She used very unique exercises with the band and it burned :) My UB will be smoking hot this summer, lol. I also looked through Cathe's UB workouts, I can do S&H, Pyramid UB, Lift with HiiT UB, UB from CTX, Strong & Sweaty UB, 4DS UB....and I can do any Linda UB workouts. I will see what ab workouts I can do without using my knee too much. Maybe sitting ab workouts?

Sherry - I can't do any floor workouts. Doc doesn't want me to use, twist or bent my knee. All I can do is UB workouts and abs. DH is helping out with Brawler. Not sure how I will do it on Monday? Good job on your workouts. Keep up the good work!

Have a great

Hi everyone,

Today I had AB scheduled, since it has a lot of LB I couldn't do it. I I did ICE Chiseled UB sitting down, worked out perfectly :) I skipped those bear crawls (or whatever they are called, lol) I did oblique crunches instead. I also did a few shorter 10-15 min UB workouts from YT. My UB is fried! I also did a Standing Ab workout ( I was sitting in a chair). I also can do lots of ab workouts with a DB/kettlebell sitting. My UB is fried.

I already have a cardio workout (sitting in a chair) picked out for tomorrow or I do Gilad's Lords of the abs tomorrow. I have to review this one and make sure I can do it? If no, I will figure something else out.

That's it for me today. I will be back tomorrow.

Hi everyone,

I did Lord of the Abs Core Challenge and a short UB from YT with the pilates ring (that one burned).

I will be back tomorrow. Have a good one.

Happy Tuesday!

Monday - went for a very brisk walk with the big dog (who would have preferred to run), got my heart pumping good, and since I gave blood, wore me out. Went to bed before I realized that I hadn't logged my wo.
Today - feeling more energetic. Went to CrossFit with DH. Burpess and box jumps wore me out (repeating - cardio capacity tanked right now), and was careful on my squats, as I've noticed my imbalance is back, meaning that the right leg/glute starts to take over and the left leg/glute goes along for the ride. Coach helped me work on form for symmetry, and didn't go too heavy until we get the two sides more equal. Need to do work at home on this. Now have a plan.

Belinda - Great that you are finding ways to work with your situation. Yes, your upper body will be smokin' hot this summer. Better have the tank tops to show off those arms!

Until tomorrow then.

Morning!

Great job ladies on your workouts!

Sherry: Awesome that you have a coach to help you! :)

Belinda: I agree with Sherry...those tanks will be fitting and feeling fantastic this summer. :)

Not much to report here....
Ended up with an ear infection in my left ear and I am on meds for 10 days. Went to urgent care Sat. due to not being able to hear
and I thought my ear drum was going to pop due to the presssure. ARGH!

Still can't hear! Will call Doc today....

I did a walk with my DH Sunday. That's about it this week so far.

Going to do an easy bike WO shortly. I don't think jumping or running is a great idea right now.

Awesome and crazy snow storm yesterday! I think we received about 15-17" or so. So that will be my upper body workout
this morning too. LOL!

Take care and I hope to get back to regular check-ins soon! Being sick all winter so far has really been dragging me down.

Heidi

Good morning,

Ramped Up upper body is done. I have to get ready for my doc appointment.

Heidi - sorry to hear about your ear infection. I know how you feel. Had my share on those. Keep everyone low impact. I learned the hard way! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Sherry - my arms are about to fall off, lol. I hope I can show off my arms in a tank top this summer. Glad your coach is helping you balance things out. Kudos for doing Burpess and box jumps:) I am getting to old for stuff like this, lol.

Happy Hump Day, everyone.

Just came back from my doctor. He checked out my knee. He wants me to get an MRI on my knee, he didn't like the cracking noises in my knee. He still wants me to stay off my feet until he knows what's going on. He thinks maybe a tear since my knee is locking out too. My knee is also swollen up. Who knows what's going on? I hope this clears up real soon. I am already getting bored sitting on my butt all day long. My upper body is getting a really good workout, lol. I also got the flu shot today.

Happy Pi Day!

Chicken Pot Pie in the oven right now, and DH picked up blueberry pie for dessert, neither meeting the clean eating desire, but haven't been too bad lately.

Tonight came home and got in a power walk with the dogs. Thought my legs were doing ok after last night's squats, so decided on an "easier" leg wo - EBE1 Single Leg Burnout sounded good, but yowza - feeling it good. Kind of like To The Mat - not weight intensive, but hits all those small muscles.

Heidi - So happy to hear from you! So sorry about the ear infection - yes, take it easy because balance will be an issue. And maybe someone else can shovel for you? That's quite the dump.

Belinda - Have you taken bicep measurements lately? Will be interesting to see how much your "guns" grow. I do hope they figure out what's going on with your knee if it's more than a sprain. I can only imagine how stir crazy your are going.

I have time to shower fast before we eat, so have a good evening, and I'll be back tomorrow.

Just came back from my doctor. He checked out my knee. He wants me to get an MRI on my knee, he didn't like the cracking noises in my knee. He still wants me to stay off my feet until he knows what's going on. He thinks maybe a tear since my knee is locking out too. My knee is also swollen up. Who knows what's going on? I hope this clears up real soon. I am already getting bored sitting on my butt all day long. My upper body is getting a really good workout, lol. I also got the flu shot today.

Fingers Crossed for you Belinda! I hope that it is something simple that can be fixed with rest. ♥

Happy Pi Day!

Chicken Pot Pie in the oven right now, and DH picked up blueberry pie for dessert, neither meeting the clean eating desire, but haven't been too bad lately.

Tonight came home and got in a power walk with the dogs. Thought my legs were doing ok after last night's squats, so decided on an "easier" leg wo - EBE1 Single Leg Burnout sounded good, but yowza - feeling it good. Kind of like To The Mat - not weight intensive, but hits all those small muscles.

Heidi - So happy to hear from you! So sorry about the ear infection - yes, take it easy because balance will be an issue. And maybe someone else can shovel for you? That's quite the dump.

Belinda - Have you taken bicep measurements lately? Will be interesting to see how much your "guns" grow. I do hope they figure out what's going on with your knee if it's more than a sprain. I can only imagine how stir crazy your are going.

I have time to shower fast before we eat, so have a good evening, and I'll be back tomorrow.

OOOh Yummy! :)
Nice job on your leg workout and walk.

Went to the Doc yesterday: Stay on meds until finished and get rechecked. Doesn't like the fact I can not hear. :/
Doing blood work for on going all over joint pain issues. This has been going on for a long time now.

I did my shoveling alone and boy am I ever feeling it today! EEK!

WO yesterday:
Easy bike WO
Fit Split Low impact cardio. Went easy and skipped a few reps here and there...

Today: Very light wts for RWH chest, shoulders and Tri. premix #6. 2 sets with no finishers.
Felt really good and just right. :)

Off to the daily grind.

Make it a good one!
Heidi

Hey girls,

Today I did a biceps/triceps burnout, it was short and sweet. I also did weightless arms.

Sherry - I should take measurements, lol. It would be interesting. Yum, your dinner and pie sounds so good! I am eating super clean since I can't do any cardio.

Have a great day everyone.

Happy Thursday!

Went to CrossFit class tonight. Really like the coaches there - there are super supportive and help me scale to my ability while still pushing me. DH enjoys going, too. We do better doing this together than in the basement, probably because there is a lot more room.

Heidi - Hope the doc figures it all out. You need to feel better. Good job keeping the weights light.

Belinda - Yes, measure those arms! And take flexing photos. I think you'll be pleased how your dedication and effort will show.

Happy Saturday!

Friday was a rest day, and today I went to ballet class. Warmer weather is helping my flexibility lots.

Hope everyone is feeling better! Enjoy the day!

Good morning,

Yesterday I did a chair workout mostly seated abs. Not sure if I get a workout in today, my kids showed up yesterday.

Sherry - nice job today. I will :)

I will be back tomorrow.

Happy Sunday!

Crossfit this morning with DH. Lots of power cleans and presses. Will be feeling those tomorrow. ;)

Belinda - Are you still trying to stay on track with the BB rotation? More power to you!

Still trying to get things done today. There is never enough time. Hope you are making better progress on you to do lists than we are.

Be back tomorrow! Have a good one.

Good morning,

4DS Triceps & Biceps is done.

Sherry - yes, I am trying to stay on track with the BB rotation. As soon as my knee is better I will catch up on the missed legs day workouts. Good job with your workout yesterday.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.