GETTING IT DONE January 2016 - January 2020

Allee: It depends on your walking gate. I would go to a running/walking specialty store to test your foot type and gate. Shoes fit totally different for everyone. I like Asics or adidas. I have high arches and a neutral gate. Meaning not an over-pronator or under-pronator.

I hope you find a very comfortable pair.

Heidi

Thanks Heidi,

I am still looking. Not liking any pair that i see. Fingers crossed! hehe

Hi all!

Today wo - dog walk in the drizzle, and CycleMax during the hard drizzle. Nice to have the option to wo inside.

Also stopped by the library to get Hungry Girl recipe books. DH and I realize that meal planning and prep will be the key to getting in training runs on weekdays for the marathon because time will be the limiting factor.

Heidi - Hope it was a productive rest day. Are you still following the ICE/LIS rotation?

Belinda - Great combo today. I do like short and sweet wo's, but not always if they don't have a wu and cd with them. Guess it's good that you mix them up.

Waving Hi to Allee! Hope you are getting something done!

That's it for today. Hope you had a good one.

Awesome job Sherry! It is great to have option to workout inside. cycle is something i haven't try. Maybe sometime this week at the gym.

Morning!

Workout for today:
TM interval run
Z KB Disc 2 WO #2

That's it for now.
Off to shower and work.

Have a great one!
Heidi

Good morning.

Kettlebell Kickboxing: Scorcher Series "
Power" and Baladea Flow is done. I had KB Scorcher Series for a long time, finally getting through them, lol. Not bad, this one got my HR up. Baladea Flow was a surprise, was actually pretty good too. I also did ICE MTB Timesaver : #1 Warm Up + Blizzard Blast + Stretch -- 23:13.

Allee - I used to feel like that. Find something you like and stick with it. I love walking.

Sherry - each ab workout alone is 10 min times 4 = almost 40 min. I think, one of the ab workout was under 10 min. Still long, lol! Good job.

Hi Heidi!

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great day and workout, everyone.

Thanks... lol. Belinda you got me interest in Kettlebell workout. I saw Zuzka Light has some kettlebells workout may I get that.

Hello All,

This morning was walking indoor workout 30 minutes. Followed by happy core workout for 5 minutes. It was a fun effective workout for sure.

What are your plans for today? Make it a good one.

Have a great day.

Hi ladies,

My dog Brawler had an MRI, X-rays, blood work and spinal tap done today. The MRI took over an hour. He is still pretty out of it from the Anesthesia. They also took spinal fluid for analysis to screen for inflammatory conditions. They also took 2 blood tests. One of the test we will get the results in a few day's, the other one we will get in 7-10 day's. The MRI showed disc degeneration/bulging and nerve root impingement (which they are conducting additional tests). We had an appointment at the Veterinary Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine in Annapolis, MD at 10:30 a.m and didn't leave until 5:30 p.m. Annapolis is 1.5 hour (one way) from where we live. I will be back in the morning. Good night.

Good morning,

KB Scorcher Series Longevity and ICE Metabolic TB - Timesaver premix: #2 Warm Up + Muscle Meltdown - Chest + Stretch 26:21 is done.

Have a great workout and day, everyone.

Hi all!

Just dog walks yesterday and today, as they are scheduled rest days for tomorrow's half. Have I mentioned that forecast says will be cold, windy and snowy during the race? Not ideal conditions, but it is April in Michigan.

Allee - Yes, go to a running store. I switched over to Brooks after being an avid Asics fan for years. Very happy with the switch.

Heidi - I've been reading that is best to do intervals after strength/functional work. Do you find the order matters?

Belinda- So sorry about your pup and the very long day. Hope you get results quickly. I know how hard it is when they aren't doing well.

That's it. Heading out to carb load for dinner. Hope you had a good one.

Hi ladies,

My dog Brawler had an MRI, X-rays, blood work and spinal tap done today. The MRI took over an hour. He is still pretty out of it from the Anesthesia. They also took spinal fluid for analysis to screen for inflammatory conditions. They also took 2 blood tests. One of the test we will get the results in a few day's, the other one we will get in 7-10 day's. The MRI showed disc degeneration/bulging and nerve root impingement (which they are conducting additional tests). We had an appointment at the Veterinary Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine in Annapolis, MD at 10:30 a.m and didn't leave until 5:30 p.m. Annapolis is 1.5 hour (one way) from where we live. I will be back in the morning. Good night.

:/ poor pup. I hope they can sort out what is wrong and make him more comfortable. HUGS!

Heidi

Hallo ladies,

I am done with KB Scorcher Diversity and ICE MTB Timesaver premix: #4 Timesaver MishMosh - 31:38. Lots of core work in KB Scorcher Diversity. I was going to add a ab workout, but my core is worked out :) Once I am done with finishing 200 DVD's, I will do a full rotation of KB Scorcher. I really like it. Dasha talks no stop through the entire workout, lol. I know for some that would be a problem. It didn't border me at all, lol.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great Saturday and weekend, everyone.

13.1 is done! Not the greatest race conditions (getting pelted in the face with snow and wind at times) and I did great the first 8 miles, but then my hips started bothering me, band by 10 miles it was my knee - classic IT band symptoms. I thought this was behind me because I ran 10 last weekend with no problem. And I don't think I'll be losing a toe nail this time, so I've definitely been conditioning for the length of run. So maybe because of the standing in the cold before the race and the winds? I need a redo - when it gets warmer.

Anyway . . .
Belinda - This week I'm starting the RKS series. I do want to get a heavier kb before starting. When I complete the whole series, I'll allow myself to get more kb wo's. Trying to control my purchases . . .

Heidi - It's the weekend - are you able to do schedule a wo in?

Allee - How are you doing?

Ok, nap time. I'll be back tomorrow.

Hi girls,

I did JF Step and weights this morning. I will do a yoga later today.

Sherry - how heavy of a KB do you have? I only have #5 KB. If I want to get heavier I use DB's. Sorry to hear your hip/IT band/knee bordered. Please be careful! Running is tough on the body. How are you feeling today?

Hi Heidi!

I will be back tomorrow. Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone.

Good afternoon,

I also did GAIAM YOGA for Flexibility & Stress Relief: Smooth & Stretch w/Rodney Yee = 20 min and Relax & Restore w/ Suzanne Deason = 20 min. I am glad I did the 2nd workout with Suzanne. Rodney was more lower body and Suzanne's was more upper body. I really needed that yoga.

Have a great afternoon everyone.

Hi all!

It's Monday, so back to the grind. Yesterday was a total rest day - snowed, then sleeted, then poured rain, so no going out anywhere for anything. DD came back Saturday night late (6 hour time zone difference so she's a bit off), so needless to say, we all slept in and pretty much vegged for the day (and caught up on Project Runway). Have to say, after logging the miles on Sat, I was feeling very good yesterday. Really no after effects. So, I know that I need to work on hip and glute strength still, and keep the miles lo for now, so that's what I'll do.

Today's wo was a dog walk, which she was so happy to do, 'cause her people were home yesterday but they barely took her out to do her business, then did RKS KB #1. It was 20 minutes of swing intervals. I bought a 15# one because the 10# was easy enough. And that was it - really felt it in the glutes/hams towards the end.

Belinda - That yoga sounds wonderful. I bet it felt good. How was the step and weights? Was that one video? Hope your DH is doing well and starting to feel like himself again. Same for your pup.

Waving Hi to Heidi and Allee!

Time to wind down for the night, then get some much needed rest. Catch ya tomorrow.

Morning!

Trail hike with my DH on Sunday. Needed to get out of this house!

Finally a workout! So stressed out with work issues.

Today:
SSOD bike WO 11/2/14 28 min.
BR Boot Camp 21 D challenge Day 1 about 15 min.

Each exercise X2 rounds:
Disc slider mountain climbers
Curtsy lunge with arnold press

High knees with upper cuts
Tricep pushups/delt row L,R

Broad jump burpees
Curl and press

1 arm Burpee L,R
DB swings L,R

BR Burn Out for inner thighs 6 min.
BR Burn Out for abs 6 min

I will be feeling it all!

Sherry: Great job on your KB and swing workout! Yes you do get a great workout with Kettlebells. :)
What is RKS? :)

Belinda: Awesome job on your yoga workouts! How is your DH? Your pup doing better with the new meds?

Waving hello to Allee!

Make it a good one!
Heidi

Hey girls,

Went for a walk this morning and also did Jenny Ford's Aspen Lower/Upper Body weights. I am taking it easy for the next few day's. I will do a yoga/stretch later.

Heidi - DH is doing great. Thanks for asking. My pup is doing a little better. Still waiting for the test results.
I hope your workout helped with our stress from work.

Sherry - the yoga did felt great yesterday. Short and sweet :) Have you done KB's before? Good job yesterday.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great day and workout

Morning!

Thanks Belinda! I am feeling much better but a tad sore today. LOL! From the stress I have had migraines for days! Argh!

Today:
Warm-up with ICE boot camp
BR BC Day 2 (cardio based WO)
SSOD Ab Attack 11/20/14 OOOH going to hurt so good tomorrow I think. ;)

Sherry: How are you doing? How is your DD on her trip to Hawaii? Must be beautiful there!

Hello to Allee! I hope that you get in your walk today.

Off to work.

Make it a good one!
Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.