Get Glutes Program

jldx2in2000

Cathlete
Has anyone subscribed to the Get Glutes program offered by Bret Contreras, Marianne Kane, and Kellie Davis?

They are having a sale where you get lifetime membership for the price of 6 months ($120).

Just wondering if anyone who has done it thinks it is worth it to subscribe.

I love doing Cathe workouts so I wouldn't want this program to completely replace being able to enjoy her workouts 2-3 times/week.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

I did the lifetime membership for Get Glutes; like you I would never want to give up working out with Cathe but I do think Bret puts out a lot of good information and I have his Stronger Curves Book that he did with Kellie. I started doing weighted hip thrusts and glute bridges with my barbell at home and have noticed some changes in a short amount of time.

I just signed up so I only have the first month to go off of but it's organized really well and I did complete the first workout which I enjoyed. Each month you get a PDF of the monthly workouts which includes 3-4 strength and 2-3 circuits and a log to track everything. The getting started section on the site sets it all up for you-if you want to do 2 days, 3 days and so on and what workouts to do for the amount of days you want to workout. Each workout has a video clip with Kellie or Marianne showing how to perform the exercise correctly.

I'm going to try doing 2 days of Get Glutes at night and continue to do 4-5 Cathe workouts in the mornings. I'm impressed with it so far; it is a little pricy but it's a lifetime of info and workouts and you get access to the coaches so to me it was worth it....fitness and exercise (mostly Cathe DVD's and equipment to use for them :)) is what I spend my mad money on.

Let me know if you decide to go for it and what you think.

I'm really interested in checking this out . I have the Strong Curves book and got a lot from it . I finally understand why I generally feel glute work in my legs instead of my butt - because my butt muscles are weak ! He's got a section where you test different floor exercises to see if you feel them where you're supposed to , for instance in your butt instead of your back . I try to do them everyday now because they seem to prime the muscles for other glute exercises - which I now feel in the right place . And like ASand , I've been doing those weighted hip thrusts and glute bridges - it feels like they make a huge difference to me .

gratefuldog I have Strong Curves and am finishing up the lower body only 12 week program. The only thing I can think that makes Get Glutes different is the fact that you get a new series of workouts every month to do plus you can send each of the coaches questions. I don’t mind doing paper workouts 2-3 days a week. I still need my Cathe fix the other 3-4 days though. I am excited for Cathe’s new legs and glutes workouts. I hope your knee continues to get better.

ASand I agree that Bret has some amazing information. I also have noticed changes from doing the lower body program from Strong Curves. Thanks for the information on what is included. I like that you can say how many days you want to do. You may have pushed me to trying it. I figure I would spend close to that on a Cathe series anyway and this is lifetime.

Kate A . I really like the book too and got a lot out of it. I actually have read it twice completely through and continue to reference it often. The sale for the lifetime membership lasts until September 7. I’m still debating on whether to go for it so I may not actually bite the bullet until the last day.

Thanks for all your insight!

ASand -
Julie -
I took the plunge ! I've barely set anything up yet , but just this morning decided that I could use the extra help . My Cathe workouts are the ultimate for me - I just think of using these to supplement them . Plus , I am a lemming ....
But I am excited !

PS: I am thinking all we need is Cathe's new workouts for the legs and glutes!
Plus, I don't know about you, but I need a dvd to follow. Doing it on my own with a book in front of me is not motivating.

I use other good instructors besides Cathe...but she really is one of, if not the best, so I always come back to her DVDs. I mean really, if one has all here DVDs and does them faithfully and eats healthy they will be fit and look good.

I use other good instructors besides Cathe...but she really is one of, if not the best, so I always come back to her DVDs. I mean really, if one has all here DVDs and does them faithfully and eats healthy they will be fit and look good.

Yes ALL dvds enabling cross training, I could not agree more on what you said tracy.

I really can not wait to view cathe's great glutes preview video.

Hope Cathe post Great Glutes first!

I agree , when you have so many great dvd's to choose from you can take Cathe's workouts as far as one is willing to go, fitness wise . That's also why Cathe , [and others] are able to put together such terrific rotations - every combination of dvd's in those always sounds great to me !
I can't wait for the new dvd's . The Greatest Hits sound like a blast as well !

Kate A-
Yay; that's what I was thinking too Cathe is my favorite and would never give her up but I thought doing some heavily concentrated glute training twice a week would be a good supplement!

I'm excited too; I think I'm going to do the second workout tonight.

Ok. I've been enabled. I bit the bullet and signed up. I too love Cathe and would never give her up but I figure a little extra help can only bring up the rear.

So excited to try this program and for the new Cathe's. The best of both worlds!

Hi guys !
Yay ! We've been enabled . I did the first workout this afternoon and it was great - I liked the demos and it moved smoothy for being the first time . DOMS are in rear already !
I'm excited we're doing it - and with the new Cathe's it is the best of both worlds !

Hi guys!
I just finished the second workout and am feeling the burn!

I liked the demos and the workout sheet; very easy to follow.

Let me know if you want to set up a "Bringing up the Rear" :) check-in!

Hello everyone,

:))) I am loving this idea of setting up a "bringing up rear" check in.

Hopping to join at some point when cathe post the updated Rock Bottom rotation.

I too have a pair of cheeks to bring up.
Maybe I should say " I have a pair of cheeks to build" lol.

Let's do it girls :))
Sky is the limit:D

Last edited:
I would definitely join the Bringing Up the Rear checkin. I just finished up the 12 week lower body program from Strong Curves. I am going to do Bret's 30 day hip thrust challenge along with Cathe's August rotation for a few weeks until the new workouts come in. After the 30 day challenge then I will start in on Get Glutes. :eek:

Gratefuldog I did the 12 week Gorgeous Glutes lower body only program from Strong Curves. It was only 3 days a week and they each took about 30 minutes so I could add on upper body or a hiit session. I did cardio or upper body on the other 3 days. I definetly liked my results. My rear seems to be higher and tighter and I lost some inches all over. I really think it was the bridges and thrusts that helped. I tend to feel 3 days at 30 minutes just is not enough too. That is why I added on to do 60 minutes 6 times a week. You know your body and what it needs best. With your knee problems, don't feel like you have to squat below 90 degrees. Bret mentions only to do it if it feels comfortable as not everyone can. Just focus on squeezing your glutes throughout the move. As for the hypers, I actually have a hyperextension machine that can be used for hypers, reverse hypers, and 45 degree hypers. I think I remember seeing Bret in a youtube video doing them off a sturdy weight bench by hooking your feet under the bench and hanging off the end. Again, I think the most important thing is to remember to squeeze your glutes at the lockout. Good luck with the program.

Carolyn-I can't do a full squat either because I don't have full range of motion in my right hip and knee because of a previous injury; I just do a half squat which I think is what most people do- I recently found out you're supposed to go deeper then that :p.

Kate A and Julie-do you have a preference on the glute bridge or hip thrust? I think I like the glute bridge a bit more; I feel more quads with the hip thrust. I need to go back and read what Bret says about that and try to figure out how to activate my glutes more with the thrust.

Let us know how the challenge goes Julie.

I like the hip thrust better. I don't feel like I have a good range of motion with the bridge. With the thrust, I lift my toes up to help me really push through my heels and then I feel it less in my quads. I remember reading on Bret's blog that if you feel the hip thrusts in your quads to do more of a feet elevated bridge move with your back on the ground and your feet elevated.

Hi everyone !
Wow - this is so great . I just read all of these posts and the enthusiasm jumps right off the page !
ASand - YES , lets do the , " Bringing up the Rear " , check in ! It's a great idea .
Glute bridge vs. Hip thrust . I feel like the bridges are easier to get good form on . I always wonder when I'm doing the hip thrusts if everything is where it should be - is my back at the right angle etc . And my step slides sometimes too . I know when I first started doing them I'd rest my step against the wall to help with that . But intensity wise , the Hip Thrusts seem to get in there deeper for me .
Gratefuldog - I have the exact same problem - I can't bend my left leg beyond 90 degrees because my knee was hurt in an accident , so my squats are never very deep . That's why I love having all of these different options to work the glutes .
As far as frequency , I agree that these are short workouts . I'm doing the strength one twice a week and the conditioning one , once . That's why I think of these as supplemental add - ons vs. a full program . I've got 3 more weeks of Xtrain , and it looks like these should be easy to fit into that .
The thing I notice immediately is how different my glutes feel after doing the glute activation exercises a few times . Suddenly , all of the butt work that I was doing in general , really burns ! I guess it's like Bret says , the glutes are a lazy muscle - at least mine are !

Just wanted to add - I'll be doing all of these at home , so I'll have to modify a bit due to lack of equipment . That already happened with the pull ups . I skipped them last week , but I'll try hanging tubing from the door next time . It will be great to share all of our modifications and ideas with each other !

I'll set up the check-in!!

Kate A- I always wonder if I'm doing the thrusts right too; I've watched the demo a few times but when I'm doing it sometimes it seems right and sometimes I'm not sure:( I do mine using my couch. I do all my workouts at home too.

Julie- thanks for reminding me about the elevated bridge I'll try that.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.