Gaining Weight with STS

Cynthia,
does break down your activities/
can you tell how many calories you burned in a specific activity..say...STS???:D

No, it doesn't tell you what you're doing, it just graphs the activity levels through the day. The graphs are pretty impressive on STS days:D I have some very nice peaks if I do say so myself:D:D It measures Metabolic Energy (MET) Method , and total calories burned.

I think there is a 'trip' feature where you can set it when you start a specific workout and turn it off when you're done so that you know the specific calories you've burned....have you tried that Cynthia? guess I'm going to have to pull my book out again to see how to do it...

I think there is a 'trip' feature where you can set it when you start a specific workout and turn it off when you're done so that you know the specific calories you've burned....have you tried that Cynthia? guess I'm going to have to pull my book out again to see how to do it...

Oh yeah, you're right! I forgot about the trip feature.:eek::eek: I've never used it.
You can set it to whatever calories you want to burn. Say you want to walk until you burn 300 calories. You can set it and it will let you know when you reach that goal.

Hi Cynthia,

Question about the body bugg: I have one but I let my subscription expire. Will the iPhone app let you track your calories burned without a subscription or can you only use the body bugg if you continue to pay for the expensive subscription?

Jan,

I never used that calculator before so I logged in to compare. It over estimated my total calories burned. I clicked on moderate activity and it estimated I would burn 2300 calories. According to BodyBugg, on a day with moderate activity, I'm burning just under 2000 calories.

On days I complete one hour of STS, 40 minutes of cardio, housework (meeting 10,000 steps a day) BodyBugg is reading 2300 range. I think one day I reached 2600 calories burned with 70 minutes of cardio coach:eek:

I like knowing what I need to do to burn x amount of calories.
I think the online calculators are close enough that you would make improvements.
For me, the digital display is there to constantly remind me of my goals and what I need to do to achieve them. I'm trying to lose the holiday fluff. If I want to eat more, I need to move more. If I want a lazy day, I need to cut back. I love when I look down at my bugg knowing I'm still showing a calorie deficit for the day.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.