Fun Topic - Pet Names

Hello !!

We have many pets..my chow chow/shepherd mix female is Daisie, my black lab is Curly, my chocolate lab is Brownie *totally original* hehe, my pekingese male is Simba! My 4 female cats are Maryann,Ginger, Peanut & Fatty! My siamese fish is Otis :+

Isn't the shedding nuts!! We have a chocolate and a yellow....and it is so weird cause they never "let go" of their coats at the same time...for a while it is dark hair I see all over my floors, then a week will go by and bam! it is all light hair and no dark...just think what a joy it will be to add a black one into the mix...I must be nuts. And the best part?? I am allergic to dogs....but those two I think love me more than my kids somedays.

We have 2 6-year-old Tonkinese cats--littermates--Bailey(for Bailey's Irish Creme) and Kahlua. They're goofy, but welove them :)

Kim

We have a German Shepherd who's name is Baron, but we call him Baron Von Pee-Pee Pants because he pees like crazy when he gets excited(which is all the time!) My best friend talks to him in an Arnold Schwarzenegger voice. His AKC papers list him as Baron Rosie because my daughter thought he smelled good. I hope he doesn't have gender issues:p

Also, two cats Tippy and Taffy. I found Taffy 13 years ago. He was a tiny kitten who had gangrene on one of his feet. I caught him, he had surgery, IV's, and is just fine. He did have to have a uretha resection a few years back, but he owns the house.

Tippy was found in an apartment complex and gives evil death glares to the dog every time he walks by.

We have a long hair cat officially named Apache Half-toe, but we call him Kitty!

He was a neighborhood cat for a couple years and I would feed him every night and call him with "Here Kitty". One night he came to us severely injured and after a Emergency vet visit (on a Sunday), stitches and a long in-house recovery, we decided to keep him (as an Indoor only kitty!)

That was the week of Thanksgiving- hence the Native American "Apache" and he did end up losing half of his back little toe hence the "Half-Toe" (to complete the Native American theme.)

But for 2 years I had always called him "Kitty" and I didn't want to confuse him by changing his name. The Vet though calls him Apache.

Nadine

~~Happiness is an Attitude~~

PS. Other than losing his toe and some scaring he is fully recovered and my little Baby!

What a great post! So much fun. We currently have one Great Dane, fawn, whose name is Diana (POW). She's a real sweetie & loves everyone, especially her "Daddy". We're looking for another pup or rescue...hopefully a blue.

We also have two insane cats (although a good argument could be made that the modifier is redundant)...a big long haired cross-eyed male nutcase named Wills, and a tiny short haired calico named Elizabeth.

The funny thing is, the huge male has a very pretty little "trill" of a meow, while the dainty little female has a seriously nerve wracking yowl which I can't even describe. Yikes!!

When I work out, Diana leaves the room immediately, wants nothing to do with it. The cats on the other hand stretch out like they own the joint & prepare to watch the show. I keep thinking one of them is going to speak up one day & say "work hard"! LOL

I have 3 cats:

Tabby - 10-12 year old stray that showed up on my doorstep in college.
Mork - A big 2 year old grey striped boy.
Opie - A pure orange tiger boy, he's a bad but loveable 10 week old kitten.

Five dogs. I'm reading a book about the language of dogs and the author mentions that dogs can learn many nicknames as well as their real name. Our dogs seem to know, as children do, that when we use their nicknames all is well, but when we use their real names it is serious business.
Four basset hounds:

Penny (Louise because she wheezes a lot)
Alexander (Podie)
Trillium (Ummy bear or Twee-twee)
Brutus (Lippies because of his pendulous jowls)

One bloodhound cross:
Baruch (Bobo or Big Unit)

They are all singing as I write.

--Ann

Thanks everyone for responding - I had a blast reading about all the pets. Never let it be said that Catheites are not animal lovers! What great names and stories.

I was sorely disappointed though that there weren't anymore bird lovers out there. My big love is African Grey parrots, and I think besides me having some small birds, there were one or two other people only that had small birds. I guess that's probably similar to real life.

Besides, with all those cats out there, hows a birdy to survive? hehe

I am actually scared of birds. A little embarrassing to admit. Before we started going out, my fiance used to babysit a friend's Conure(sp?). He told me the bird would nuzzle up to his ear and neck. I thought that was so sweet. I didn't know that birds could be effectionate. But I take one look at that beak and I think it is going to bite me!

Beth

We have a male blue parakeet and a female yellow. The
yellow, named Tweety is a nasty as a bird can get. We
should have named her Houdini, as she always escapes.
I came home to find my male cat, Charlie hunkered down
with is eyes as wide as a truck was coming at him and his
ears totally flat doing the sideways, don't come near me
dance. I was really worried something big had entered our
home until I was buzzed by tweety a moment later. I should
also add that my cat brings home wild birds (in tiny body
parts) to the back door on a regular bases, but wants nothing
to do with this bird. She had been out for awhile as she
was so tired when I went to put her back. She has bitten
everyone in our house, including the cat apparently. Our
boy bird on the other hand is a real sweet heart and will
sit on your arm and sweet talk. Oh yeah, and she broke all
of the plastic fixture on her little home and we had to
rig up a whole new system to fix it. Just a side note
to your last post about birds surviving in a kitty house. :7

I have 5 pets:

1. Gidget - cat, 7 years old, gray with green eyes. Flirts constantly, hence the name.

2. Decaf - Tortoiseshell, supposedly Gidget's sister (got them as 4-week-old kittens from the SPCA). I was going to name her Mocha because she looks like a cup of coffee with cream before it's been stirred up, but once I realized what a passive scaredy-cat she was, I had to change it.

3. 10-year-old Koi inherited from now-married daughter - Jumping Jack Flash. The name is because, on several occasions, he jumped so hard he pushed open the lid of the fish tank, and was found on the floor. I now keep books on the lid.

4. Daisy - at least 8 years old, slightly retarded Beagle. She was a rescue dog and already had her name.

5. Bob - black-and-white, at least 13 years old. Also a rescue animal, already named. He is a lazy, big old slob (over 20 pounds.)

Beth - hehe - you'd not be scared of my birds though. My little lovebird snuggles right up under my hair and nibbles on my ear. Sometimes I wrap my hand over him on my chest and he falls asleep. I can do anything with him, including hanging him upside down.

Now my cockatiel is an old grump and will attack me if he's in a bad mood. Fortunately he is much smaller than me and more talk than action!

My budgie is a little timid, but sometimes gives me little nibbles on my hand when I take him out to fly. I have a bird room just for the birds (safe from the cats), and then have a full sized playstand tree to play on, so they are all in heaven.

Fembot - great story - I can just see that bird dive bombing your cat. Hopefully the cat never realizes he's bigger, so you always keep that bird full-bodied (as opposed to in parts)!

I used to have a parakeet that would sweet talk me - would run back and forth on my hand in front of my face and give me tiny little kisses all over my face and sing away to his heart's content.

Now I could tell stories about my African Grey Parrot - he was the ultimate character!

Have a good day!

>My big love is African Grey parrots,
>

My husband tells me such wonderfulstories about his African Grey! They sound like wonderful pets!!! If we had more time and didn't have the hunting dogs, he'd definitely get another one.

Colleen

I was watching Animal Planet Pet Stars and one lady brought on her African Grey Parrot and said it could talk. It would ask it simple questions and it would reply. The funniest was when she asked what is 3+1 and it said 4. Then she said What is the word you yell for watch out in golf and it said Four!. It was very cute. I can't believe how long they can live for!! It is so sad that our kitties and dogs only live for such a short amount of time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.