Fun question: If you have a college degree, what's it in?

My degree is Business Mgmt. (and I'm in that field) but I wish it was in English and Literature, that's what my real love is. (I know, I know I can go back to college but I really like my free time!!!!)

OK, I have been a SAHM for the last 15 years. My educaton is a BS degree in Cardiorespiratory Sciences from Upstate Medical Center in Syacuse. I taught Respiratory Care at a junior college and worked bedside in a hospital until my third child was born. Obviously I am not using my formal education in my current life. No regrets here :)

Judy
AKA "Likes2bfit"
sport-smiley-009.gif
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif

RE: Fun question: If you have a college degree, what's...

Gosh I feel like such a loser! Am I the only one here who didn't finish college? x(

I barely got through 2 years at 2 different schools...the first I lived away from home and then came back home and went to a community college. Hated both so I quit and went to work.

When I go back to work after my kid(s) are in school, I would like to get a job in the fitness industry assuming I am still into fitness at that time. I will have to get certified at that time too.

Wendy

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

Baby Joey born May 14, 2005 11:19 pm 7 pounds 12 oz 21 inches long.

05/28/05 Check out new album "Me pre and post pregnancy" just added! http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

Elaine - nice to meet a fellow microbiologist. Does everyone at your institution think the people in micro are strange? I seem to work with a bunch of odd balls, but I love them anyway. They probably think the same about me, especially when I start up about Cathe.

Wendy, please don't think any less of yourself for not having a degree. What you do with your LIFE is much more important than any degree you earn.

I second that Wendy, degree or no degree, there are some amazingly smart and talented people here...you included! I think being a mom we should get degrees, don't you think? :)

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

You're not alone, Wendy. I don't have a degree either. It used to REALLY bother me and I always thought I'd go back to school and get one, but now I don't mind so much, except reading all these responses is making me feel like a real dummy:-(

aww girls, I hope I didn't offend with this question :( I think I should have written also any training, life experiences, etc. I think everyone brings such amazing strengths to the table and I was merely curious if people were doing what they intended to do or veered in a different direction. Big HUGS to all of you!

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

College is just a few years down a different road. You are all intelligent, talented, important, beautiful women and don't need a piece of paper to prove it.

Wendy-
Of course you're not a loser!! I ended up going to 4 different schools, 5 majors, and it took me 5 years to graduate. I HATED my life!!!
Then I figured out, life is too short and too precious to hate it. Do what you love, share what you have, and enjoy yourself while you're doing it. That's what's important, not a degree you don't know why you have.
Good luck with certification when you get to it!

Oops just saw yours too Shelley. Same response!

Robin, how lovely. Thank you. And Debbie, don't worry about me. I'm over it now. I know I'm not a dummy, I just need the Wizard to give me a piece of paper telling me I'm smart;)

Wendy & Shelley

I didn't finish college either. I played around for almost 2 years and couldn't decide on my major and quit. I am a SAHM of three and that is the life for me. I imagine after they all leave the nest I will find something else to do but that is quite a ways away. I have thought about taking a class or two when all three are in school but have not decided yet.:)

Debbie-

Oh please don't think I am upset w/you! I took absolutely no offense to the question! I was just feeling kinda loser-ish after seeing so many responses with not only 1 but 2, 3 and 4 degrees and I don't even have an associates! It's sooo not your fault, Debbie!
I'm okay though...It usually doesn't bother me that I didn't finish college but once in a while I feel like I should have...I guess all of these responses made me feel that way. I'm fine though, really! Don't feel badly PLEASE! :)

Wendy

05/28/05 Check out new album "Me pre and post pregnancy" just added! http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

I just graduated with a dual major (kind of like a double but not completely bc most of the classes overlapped) of Spanish and Spanish Education. I will be using my degree in the fall when I start teaching high school Spanish classes. And even though Im nervous I am so excited!
Christina

Just an associates degree (basic transfer to a 4 year) from my local community college. When I started college after high school I had NO IDEA what I wanted to do. I was so intimidated by that that I changed my mind on the university I had applied to and stuck to my hometown community college. That didn't work so I quit after a year and worked. 10 years later I went back and really wanted to go all the way this time. I finished my transfer degree and moved to be near WWU, but in the end, I couldn't give up my steady paycheck and chickened out again. So, in the end, I ended up where I am now and I do, for the most part, like what I do.

Going back to college just isn't in the cards for me and that's okay! Although I must say that when I went back at 28 I really loved school. I was obviously more mature and school was fun instead of being the thing that got in the way of partying:p

Brandi

"...the thing that got in the way of partying"

LMAO! I love it! That's EXACTLY what college was to me when I went away that first year!! }( }( }( I slept through TONS of morning classes!

Wendy

I have a Political Science/Business Administration double major

Law school after

You guessed it I am a lawyer.

Law school after

Law school after

Great topic! I have a BA in Government and International Studies/Poly Sci and a minor in journalism. I am a psychiatrist. I didn't use my undergrad degrees one ioda, but obviously use my medical degree. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.