Fun Poll...Doggie Roll Call!

Jody

Cathlete
While we are all anxiously awaiting our new DVDs, and since we have so many dog lovers on this forum, I thought this would be fun...

Tell us what kind of dog you have and any details you would like to share - and pictures if you have them!

And for anyone who doesn't have a dog and instead has a cat, horse, ferrett (whatever!), please feel free to join in as well!

I'll start...we have a beautiful one and a half year old miniature schnouzer named Molly. I never thought I would have a dog because it was just too much work, but Molly has changed all of that. After a long day at work it makes me so happy to see her run up to meet me as I walk in the door. Who doesn't love that? :) She LOVES getting her belly rubbed and her favorite toy is any of those Crazy Critters that are advertised all over the place. She has half a dozen of them - my husband says we should stock up in case the company ever goes out of business. :)

Can't wait to hear about everyone else's four legged pals!

This is Gucci - (seal point BIRMAN) - looking forward to the Low Impact series after all those jacks he's been doing.

Attachments

• Gucci 2 RaRa Ooh LaLa.jpg
    Gucci 2 RaRa Ooh LaLa.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 28
We have 2 dogs both rescues. Hal is a blue lacy from Kentucky and is now about 8 years old. Hal looks like a small weimaraner--a beautiful solid pewter color with amber eyes. Toshi is a blue lacy chichihua mix from Georgia--pewter with a white chest and paws. How could I resist him when I saw him on petfinder?! I cannot say enough about this wonderful breed. They are the state dog of Texas and while they are working dogs they do make the most amazing companions.
I need to stay off petfinder!
We also have 3 cats--2 siamese blue point purebred males who are 12 & 14 years old. I LOVE these guys. Last year we adopted a siamese mix girl who is an Annie Oakley/Calamity Jane character. She is about 1 and half years old and a "pip".

Last edited:
I have two pound puppies...Tater 7yrs, a blue heeler mix and Darla 4yrs, golden lab mix....Mertie 2yrs, my winnie dog...two cats Monkey 5yrs and Sid 1yr...three horses (Tennessee Walkers) Repo 8yrs, Willa 5yrs, and Moon-pie 6 months.....their my babies.

We have two Chow Chows. One is 5 and one is 11. They've turned out to be quite the chums. They are the best dogs. The only downside is that they need a lot of brushing, and they shed a lot.

Attachments

• SAM_0942.jpg
    SAM_0942.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 29
Right now, we only have Maggie, our 6 1/2 year old pound puppy. She is a 63 lb. black lab/pit mix. She is the sweetest dog you could ever ask for and so smart at doing what we tell her to. She loves getting her belly rubbed. We found her on petfinder.com. What they say about shelter dogs being the best is true. I really thing she is so good because she knows she is lucky to be in a good home.

Up until two weeks ago, we had Oscar, our first baby. He was a 75 lb. boxer and the biggest baby there ever was. He was so full of energy but also the gentlest giant. After 11 1/12 years, he had to leave us when he came down with a severe case of immune-mediated arthritis. He was in so much pain and could not walk it started to destroy his heart. We made the painful decision to let him go peacefully. We miss him so much still. :( Thankfully we have Maggie to help us through this time.

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 28
We have 3 dogs, I mean "kids"! ;) They are all from the same litter & are quite an interesting mix of black lab, timber wolf, akita, chow, and german shepherd. They were abused as pups (we got them when they were 9 weeks old), & we saw them advertised in the newspaper that they were going to be put down if no one took them. 2 of them are still scared to death of males (except my husband). I, too, LOVE being greeted by them when I get home from work - their whole bodies wag & I get kisses galore! My dogs continue to remind me what unconditional love is all about - I always say their love is the closest I can get to knowing how God feels about me!

I have 3 fur children.
Maximus my 10 year old boxer boy....

doggies006.jpg

Isabella, my 19 month old Dogue de Bordeaux (Turner & Hooch dog). She is a very sturdy girl at 91lbs.....

Isabella19monthsold.jpg

Isabella19months.jpg

and Romeo, my 6 month old (currently 80lbs) Dogue de Bordeaux. He will be our big boy when he is full grown.:D

napping008.jpg
romeo6months.jpg

Vladimir (Vlad, Vladdie, the Vladinator) a German Shepherd/Rottweiler mix who thinks he's a lapdog. Everyone told us he would eat babies and wash them down with a side of chihuahua. Nope. He's a big weenie. Probably because I spoil him. He's small for his mix - about 60lbs. But the mix is a best guess, too. He does have characteristics of both, in looks and mannerisms, so I'd guess it's right.

He's 3 1/2, we got him from the Humane Society for my 30th birthday. And her is the best dog ever! Smart, funny huge spotted tongue, foofy tail. And he likes hugs.

The picture is from this past summer in his Fourth of July bandanna. He has one for every holiday, and some in-between ones. I can't find the pic of the Halloween one. Never thought I'd have a bandanna dog, but when we got him, they sent us home with a pack of holiday bandannas and he's worn one ever since.

And a puppy pic, too, just because he was sooooo cute! :p

Attachments

• DSCN2064.jpg
    DSCN2064.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 38
  • vladimir.jpg
    vladimir.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 30
My buddies

I have a coton de tulear (an adoption) which is the official dog of Madigascar. He weights about 8 lbs & is the happiest critter I have ever come across. They are known as clowns & he certainly fits the description of the breed. I have 3 ragdoll cats, 2 are adopted retired breeders & one was a kitten from the same breeder. The girls are Daisey & Mystique, the boy is Codie. Last is our rescued Rhodesian Ridgeback named Sophia. She is a couch potato, I have to shake her to get her up for a walk. Everyone gets along great. I don't know how to post their picutures though I have one here of Moe & myself. I have more pictures on FB
Karen

Rottweiler

We have a 6 year old rotty named Samantha. She's a little girl for a Rotttweiler she's about 60 lbs. She is great with our three kids. She was the one that got me exercising. When we first got her I hadn't been doing anything. Soon she started chewing everything. So I had to start the walks to drain her energy. Then I foiund Cathe. Now I do Cathe for me and walks for Samantha.

Sarah

Attachments

• Tillamook and Seaside July 2008 042.jpg
    Tillamook and Seaside July 2008 042.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 19
I have a 7-year-old chocolate lab named Miss Dolly. She is 100 pounds of joy and love. My precious little Buddy (another chocolate lab) died last year on Memorial Day, and for the first time in many years I am down to one dog. As a result, Miss Dolly has become very spoiled indeed. She wakes me up every morning by snuggling up against me, laying her head on my shoulder, and begging for a belly rub. She thinks that she should get to go with me wherever I go, and when she doesn't get to, she can look sadder and more pathetic than anything you have ever seen. She also thinks that I should share my food with her, although not a kibble of her food does she share with me!!! I live in a small lake community, so I can take her swimming every day, and she loves it so she gets plenty of exercise. I am thinking about adopting another dog and I probably will eventually. But for right now, Miss Dolly is reaping the benefits of being the only dog.

We have a 2 year old English Shepherd (his puppy pic is my avatar). Black and white with white stockings. Max is very smart and a farm dog with herding skills. He loves to have me blow dry his fur after a rainstorm.

We have a beautiful, sweet 14 year old Chocolate Labrador Retriever named Meg. She used to be quite the retriever but has slowed down a lot the last couple years. My hubby had intentions to do field trials with her and we paid the big bucks and bought her from a litter where her mama was bred to the National Field Trial champion from that year. But kids came along and he never got a chance to enter her into any competitions. It's a shame b/c she would rather retrieve than eat in her younger days.

We lost her big brother Jake, another choc lab a couple years ago. He was hubby's duck hunting buddy but wasn't interested in retrieving like his sis. They weren't from the same litter but they were stuck together like glue, the bestest of friends.

Love this thread :D

I have a rescued kitty, her name is Mariah. She is about 5 years old, but we aren't 100% certain. She looks like a Norwegian or a Maine Coon. She has a white tummy and a very dark striped back, and very long fur. They told us she was a barn cat. They were very mistaken. She is a cushions and cream cat.:p

We got our puppy, Elliot (see avatar,) back in July from the Humane Society. They listed him as an Australian Cattle Dog Mix, so we'll see how he ends up looking. He's not quite six months old yet and driving us nuts :D...in a good way. He's really full of energy and loves us to death.

We also have two nine year-old cats, Sushi and Sullivan, who are adjusting pretty well to the new member of the family, despite several coordinated attacks. The dog seems to know they're in charge :D

Fun thread -- I just love dogs!! :D I have an 8 month old mini schnauzer. We just finished obedient class yesterday!! I hope to take him onto agility classes.

Attachments

• Aug 2011.jpg
    Aug 2011.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 11
Here's my Hope (older and younger pics), I've recently lost her to lung cancer. She was the greatest friend I could ever ask for. She loved to chase after a mouse (imaginary or real) or bird, and was a very stubborn but loveable girl.
Also here are my two cats (sisters) Stinky Bottoms and Menace (they would never go after a mouse).

Attachments

• 1224091115.jpg
    1224091115.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 12
  • 07-27-2011 05;04;21PM.jpg
    07-27-2011 05;04;21PM.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 07-27-2011 05;06;32PM32.jpg
    07-27-2011 05;06;32PM32.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 11
I'm so glad that I started this thread - it's fun to read about everyone's pets! I love the pictures as well - such beautiful, happy animals. :)

I got a little teary reading the stories about the ones who have passed away. They really do become part of the family. Even though our dog is very young I get upset just thinking about losing her. Really makes me appreciate every moment we have together.

I especially love hearing about all of the animals that came from shelters and are now at their "forever" homes. Our dog came from a wonderful breeder, but I know that if we get another it will definitely come from a shelter - there are just too many animals that deserve a good family to love them.

Spyrosmom - I love the bandanas! We have tons of them as well because the lady who grooms our dog gives her a new one every time - they last for a couple days, and then she messes with it and we have to take it off. You're right - there is one for EVERY holiday! :)

We have 5 dogs. Up until last week we had 6 - we had to put our 15-year-old rescue cocker to sleep :(.

We have a Tibetan Spaniel (Abbey) that was a free to good home who is the princess of the group. We have retriever-cocker mix (Lucky) that we rescued - we think she came from an abusive home :mad: - everyday when my husband gets his belt out for work she lays cowers and if you lift your hand a certain way she will yelp - so sad. We have a cockapoo that we rescued - Bandit - which she lives up to he name :confused:- anytime anything is missing she has usually taken it - one time she tried to take a yardstick and hide it from us. Then we have Bella and Maddie who we rescued from a puppy mill. They couldn't even walk when we got them or go up steps (they were like 8 when we got them). They didn't even know what grass was and their little paws were all messed up from being in cages 24/7. They would sleep just about 24 hours a day because that is what they were used to. It has been a wonderful experience seeing how they have blossomed over the time that we have had them - they have learned to trust us and learned how to be a real dog!

Five dogs is a lot some days but it is wonderful when we come home and they wag all their wiggle-butts. :D And what a wonderful feeling of rescuing an animal from such a horrible life.

Regina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.