Frustrated shoe shopping

bunny girl

Hey Cathe!
What would be the best kind/brand of shoe for your workouts? I am having the hardest time finding comfortable shoes and have kept the old pair for about a year because everytime I buy a new pair, they have to go back. The balls of my feet fall asleep when I work out - step or weights. When I try to get help from the clerks in these shoe stores, the kids that work there always seem to want to sell me the most expensive shoe and not the one that will help with the kind of workouts I am doing. I do both your step and the weight workouts. Any suggestions of where to look? I am hesitant to buy online because i like to try stuff on before I buy and returning is such a hassle!
Anyone else have suggestions???

Kathy

Never thought I would be frustrated with shoe shopping :)

I'm not Cathe, but have you tried Ryka brand shoes. They are specifically made for a womans foot and they are FANTASTIC. I wear them religiously. I don't know if you have a Famous Footwear or a Athletes Feet in your town, but they do carry them. Check out Ryka.com and they have details and photos of all of their shoes as well as retail store locators. I hope this info helps you :)

Jennifer

Thanks for the tip! I will check them out.
BTW, your fitness pictures are great! Goes to show what determination will do. Keep up the good work :)

I like to use Merrell cross trainers - wider foot.

Another idea for the falling asleep - lace your sneakers differently and looser around the area of the foot that is falling asleep!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.