FreeStyle training book

CathydsRNA

Cathlete
Hi,
I am looking for a good book on Freestyle training. Someone posted recently that there is a new edition of George Snyder's book coming out. I can't find it anywhere...can someone post a link where I can but it? TIA. I am also having a hard time getting the out of print older edition book. Is there another good book on freestyle training?
Thanks so much!

I just got the newest edition. I'm a true believer in this method which has worked better than anything else I've tried, and I've tried them all! I've pretty much ditched weights for legs, and do LOTS of squats and lunges. I use Gliders, too, and lots of stability ball work and some with bands. My legs are much smaller than they ever were. I've been working like this since the end of January. I hardly ever do 6 days per week, however, 4 or 5 at the most is enough for me.
Just Do It! :)

I don't want smaller legs but I do want a teardrop. Will this help with that? Also how about hips? I wouldn't mind losing an inch or two in hips!

Terri

Hi Terri....the teardrop could be a bit genetic...:(...but I have heard from other Freestyle users that they have lost inches around the hips...:)...Carole

All the lunge variations will help with that. My hips for sure got smaller.

Exercise is the great equalizer - if you need to get smaller, you'll get smaller, if you need to "build up" your butt, it will do that. It's amazing how it works. I train two people right now using the same method - the "angular" one got curvier, and the voluptuous one is getting smaller.

So the on eon the website is the latest version? Did someone mentioned another one coming out? shoud I wait?

Skye

What are "gliders"?

Can you detail your weekly workout (legs)?

I have the old book (haven't read it--yet--but I did get it back out) and honestly, I may buy the new one because the old pictures are distracting (I KNOW that's a dumb thing). Did you have the old book and if so, what is different besides, hopefully, updated photos?

TIA
Sue <><

I do 4 classes per week of Pilates on the Ball, so that makes 1 hour total of lower body work with that (15 minutes lower body, 15 minutes of abs per class) - we do lots of squats and lunges. Then I do LOTS of walking lunges, and some limited weighted work. Gliders are being promoted by Mindy Mylrea (spelling?), and I think you can get them at Wal-mart. You can do some good lunges with those, too. I vary what we do every week, so we get a real mix. Then I always "kick it up a notch" so the workouts get progressively more challenging. Lots of people in the classes are getting dramatic results - the ones that come to several classes per week and pay attention to my form pointers! I borrow a lot of stuff from Cathe, too. Band work and ball stuff for the butt.

So, this being a typical week, I did four pilates classes - Monday, 2 on Wednesday, and one on Friday, plus 300 walking lunges on Monday and 400 on Wednesday. Then today I did some leg presses, lunges, quad emphasis presses, and plies on my Body by Jake Bun & Thigh Rocker. Tomorrow I'll do 400 walking lunges. So that makes 4 days of leg work this week.

I don't know how clear I managed to make it, but to make a long story short, back way off the weights and start doing lunges like crazy, just like George who wrote the Freestyle book says.

Skye...the site I posted above is the latest book. I have not heard anything about a new one coming out. I get occassional emails from George Snyder and I think he might have said something about a new version if there was one...:)

Sue...the gliders are the poles that George sells. I have done fine without them. In my book the pics are from the 80's and some are rather funny...:)

Hi Sarah...:)..Freestlye focuses on the lower body. There are exercises for every body part in the book though....:)...Carole

Thanks Carole! I know you have had to repeat this info quite a few times I appreciate the help from someone who knows the program.
Skye

Mckmain-
Are these "gliders" the lunge poles that they use in the book? I also got The Butt Book by TOSCA RENO . My routine is still the same.
:)

>Thanks Carole! I know you have had to repeat this info quite
>a few times I appreciate the help from someone who knows the
>program.
>Skye

You are welcome Skye, and I don't mind helping...:)

Yes heather I believe the gliders are the poles....:)...Carole

Hi, there is a very new version coming out right now. I ordered mine a month ago and have not received it yet bec of editing and reprinting. I spoke to them at gsnyderproductions.com and he said the new version should ship 8/12/05. So I am hoping it is coming. But this is the 3rd time he has said it would ship soon. I think they were hoping they could ship it earlier but had problems with editing/printing.

I have those gliders and never use them. If they are them maybe I should try them again and if I still hate them get rid of them. They were on my list to put on e-bay!

Terri

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.