foundatiion

runfree

Cathlete
help, I usually use neutrogena skin clearing foundation and recently I have noticed the stores that I use to buy them at arent selling them anymore, they just have the liquid which I dont like. I use the compact foundation with the pad, its for acne prone skin. If they dont make it anymore I dont know which foundation to go to. I really want the compact kind, easier to take along with you and it doesnt feel as goopy on my skin. any suggestions?

Bare minerals. It's not a hard powder and it's a little messy when used in the compact they sell, but it's the absolute best thing for acne prone skin. I was a total skeptic but finally gave it a shot and it completely changed my skin for the better. Every so often I try some other foundation and I'm disappointed and go back to Bare Minerals every time. Their new mascara is awesome too, if you happen to stop by their counter :)

ITA! I love Bare Minerals! It is the absolute best!

Bare minerals. It's not a hard powder and it's a little messy when used in the compact they sell, but it's the absolute best thing for acne prone skin. I was a total skeptic but finally gave it a shot and it completely changed my skin for the better. Every so often I try some other foundation and I'm disappointed and go back to Bare Minerals every time. Their new mascara is awesome too, if you happen to stop by their counter :)

This is very strange that you posted this....because today I went to buy some liquid neutrogena skin clearing make-up, and I noticed that they had a mineral-powder version of the skin-clearing foundation. Perhaps they replaced the compact-powder version with this??

Aimee

I tried the new neutrogena skin clearing makeup and didnt like it. I tried bare minerals and it broke my face out. I have to be real careful. whenever I try new makeup I break out that is why I always have went back to the skin clearing makeup by neutrogena. this is the only makeup that doesnt break me out. so I am trying to find something else since I cant find the compact foundation in this brand anywhere. I cant believe they would discontinue it, I dont know what I am gonna do.

I have acne-prone skin and I use Cover Girl Aqua Smooth foundation and my skin is the best it has been since I was a kid. It is in a compact and you apply it with a sponge. Great stuff although it takes a few tries to get the right shade, I'm fair and I actually blend 2 shades together to get a good match. It's no fun when they stop making a product that works well.

Have you tried Clinique's City Base compact foundation. It comes in a compact with a sponge applicator. It offers nice coverage that evens out skin, without feeling heavy.

If you can get hold of BB cream, give it a try. The cream looks like foundation but is so good for coverage and so good on the skin. No cakey look and it gives you that natural shine. Also, you use so little (just about a dot off the tip of your finger tip) to cover the face. Once you use BB cream, you will never go back to foundation be it liquid or compact base. It is also very suitable for acne prone skin and does not clog pores. There are many brands and can be checked out on youtube.

I use Everyday Minerals - it's similar to Bare Minerals but does not contain the mica and some of the other ingredients that can irritate some people's skin. I LOVE it!!! You can only get it online, but they ship quickly. It's also very reasonably priced and lasts a long time. I highly recommend it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.