Found an old Cathe video

cz639

Cathlete
This summer I went to my favourite record shop in downtown Hamilton where I live. They sell new and used CDs, DVDs, records, tapes, VHS, and video games. I was rummaging through the used VHS tapes and found an old Cathe video called Fit and Firm. It was a lot of fun seeing a very young Cathe and Cedie along with a few unfamiliar people do a weight routine using the step. The video is now long out of print and it just made my day. Wasn't expecting to find it!

:D What a great find! I can remember when that video came out and it was the best to be found in its day! I still do it occasionally!;-)

That is a great find. I used to workout to that video all the time. At the time, before all of Cathe's newer videos, it was probably my favorite weight workout. If you can find the partner to that video that's also a good workout, it's called Cardio Challenge. I've been exercising to Cathe since 1989 started with the Step n Motion tapes, it's absolutely incredible to see the evolution in her physique over all those years, truly motivating.

Cathe Trivia

I agree ... it is amazing and very motivational. I have been working out with Cathe that long too. I was just thinking today how odd it is that she wouldn't know me from Adam and yet I have been working out with her for 13 years! I feel as if I know her and the crew. I have an old Cathe tape called Step "n"Motion put out by Creative Instructors Aerobics. This tape not only featured Cathe and Cedie but also Cathe's sister. I have yet to find any one else who has even commented on this tape. It also mentions on the back that she (Cathe) was featured on CIA 1006 with Greg Twombly. Any of you Cathe-ites ever hear of that one?

Hi there,
this doesn't have much to do with videos but you said that you live in hamilton? As in Canada? I was in hamilton alittle while ago. I live in Newfoundland and I got a job with Westjet.I wasn't suppose to stop in Hamilton but I missed one of my flights on my way to training in calgary.I think I had to stay at the Ramada Hotel.God I hated that place.Anyway,just wanted to share.
Lori

Hi Lori,
Yes I do live in Hamilton, Ontario. I got the tape at Cheapies downtown. I know what you mean about downtown Hamilton. It can be pretty scary.

RE: Cathe Trivia

Hi,
I have been doing Cathe tapes since 1989 also. I do have the CIA tapes she is on (actually she is on two of them). She does very high impact of both of them and they are short segments (like 20 minutes). I also have Fit and firm, Rock Bottoms, Cardio Step Challenge which were followed by Step and Motion I, II and III. Mega Step Blast followed and that was the beginning of all her step tapes which came out about one or two a year. I have them all and would never part with them. I too feel like I know her for years and years and she doesn't know me at all. I actually posted the very first post on this website when it first began, and I also wrote to her in the early nineties and she wrote back to me. Very wonderful person.
MaryAnn

Hi MaryAnn!

Just wanted to chime in a couple of comments --

First, how cool that you were the very first person to post on this site! How did that come to pass? I think I found the site when it had been up just a few months, and there weren't many regulars on the Forums, but now that I think about it I'm not really certain how long the site had been around when I discovered it (through VF). When was Cathe's site launched?

Second, I sure hope I'll get to meet you at a Cathe trip sometime. I've been following YOU since I first saw you post over at VF. You were one of the posters closer to my own age (just a few years older than me), and you really inspired me. I am now 48 and as 50 looms I'm in the best shape I've ever been in. I still remember reading a wonderful post from you at VF about how fit you were at 50 -- and at the time, you were SO far ahead of me in fitness it was daunting! I thought, if MaryAnn can do all of that I sure can, too. And I have!

Thanks again -- it's delightful to see you "pop up" here!

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport003.gif Kathy S.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.