For those using green drinks/powdered veggies/fruits, which brand would you reco

BAM

Cathlete
I am working towards incorporating more veggies and fruits in my diet but in the meantime, I'd like to find either a powder or capsule supplement that does provide a decent substitute. There are so many brands out there. I'd like one that is preferably organic that is at least reasonable tasting. Could you also share if you noticed a change in your health while taking the product? I certainly could use more energy, mood elevation and help in the digestive/elimination process as well! :) That's just to name a few. ;)

Thanks for the information.

Bam

My husband who is very picky does pretty good with delicous greens (berry flavor) and delicious reds (fruit punch flavor). I like them too. My kids looooooove something called
x balance (it is chocolatey and healthy). All can be found at amazon.
Hope this helps!

My husband who is very picky does pretty good with delicous greens (berry flavor) and delicious reds (fruit punch flavor). I like them too. My kids looooooove something called
x balance (it is chocolatey and healthy). All can be found at amazon.
Hope this helps!

Thank you! I actually had a sample of the Delicious Greens Berry and liked the taste. Since it was only one packet, I wouldn't know about the long term health benefits. Has your husband said how it has helped his health?

Thanks again!
Bam

Oh yeah....I also feel better when I am on these health boosters! I don't use them to replace fruits and veggies so much, just fill in some nutrition gaps. They all have good profiles.

Yeah...we both do. I realize that some of that could be the placebo effect, but since my husband started the routine of having one scoop of greens and one scoop of reds daily- he rarely gets sick! He used to catch everything that came down the pike because he is not a big fruit or veggie person! So if you struggle to get the healthy stuff in, I think it makes a big difference!
I like to toss a scoop of the x balance in my post workout smoothie. (10oz unsweetened rice or coconut milk, scoop of whey and scoop of x balance is very yummy!)
Enjoy!

When people reduce the amount of colds they catch, I don't think it's a placebo effect. The product sounds like a winner! Here's to good health!!!! :)

I prefer to make my own with a handful of greens, 1/2 c. of coconut milk, some frozen blueberries, and voila: a green smoothie. Its very tasty to add the juice of one lime. I often add 1 inch of cucumber, parsley, and 1/2 an orange.

I do feel more regular on them, and my mood seems to improve.

Alisha

RapidBreath, thanks for your homemade suggestion. One day, I would like to do more homemade recipes. Your sounds yummy! :)

Story1267, that sounds like a GREAT drink. I just wish it had more of an amazing price, lol. It's certainly not cheap but I know a lot of the "good" things are pricey. Thanks for the "amazing" suggestion! :)

Bam

I also use amazing meal chocolate infusion- I include it in my daily green smoothie. I am completely addicted to it. I am very regular with this!:p

My smoothie is pretty loaded, I put all of this into my vitamix and blend with ice. So tasty! Yum!

1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp cacoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp almond butter
1 scoop amazing meal chocolate infusion
2-3 big handfuls of spinach
1 small banana
50 g of frozen organic wild blueberries and 50 g of frozen cherries
3/4 c almond milk
1/4 coconut milk

Macbeanur, wow, that's certainly a power packed drink! That must keep you satisfied for most of the day. Glad it helps in, uh, other areas.;)

Thanks for the great recipe!

Bam

Greens First

I like Greens First (www.greensfirst.com). It has a spearmint flavor that is easy to drink. My very picky child likes it, too. That's high praise! :D (They also have a berry flavor, but I don't know what that tasted like.)

I make my own, sorta, as well. I have some green powders- wheat grass, barley grass, nettle, oat grass, alfalfa, spirulina, chorella, kelp and bladderwack- and I'll use a combo of 2 or 3 of those and about 3-4 fruits and blend it up... you also don't need a $500 blender for this! It usually makes 2-3 tall glasses so I keep it in the fridge and drink it through out the day as a snack.

IMO the commercial green blends don't really have enough of each. When reading about green smoothies I also read it's not good to have the same green for 2+ weeks... so this way I can switch it up often.

Wow! Thank you Pearlstrand and L Sass! I am LOVING these suggestions! I discovered that I had an open jar of wheat grass in my vitamin drawer so I've been adding that to my protein drink. Hopefully I'll find a replacement before I use it all up.

Nightowl81, can you use a regular blender? I would like to make my own drinks or partially so in the future. That's interesting about switching up your greens every couple of weeks but if you're getting a variety in each serving, I wonder if that would be still be necessary.

Thanks again!

Bam

Wow! Thank you Pearlstrand and L Sass! I am LOVING these suggestions! I discovered that I had an open jar of wheat grass in my vitamin drawer so I've been adding that to my protein drink. Hopefully I'll find a replacement before I use it all up.

Nightowl81, can you use a regular blender? I would like to make my own drinks or partially so in the future. That's interesting about switching up your greens every couple of weeks but if you're getting a variety in each serving, I wonder if that would be still be necessary.

Thanks again!

Bam

Yes, I use a regular blender since I'm just blending up fruits and sometimes ice (and almond milk or water), and just blending in the green powders. I think $500 blenders are recommended since they can liquify fresh spinach and kale, etc... so this is kind of the cheap way of doing it for me.

I read about the switching up greens when reading up green smoothies. It does say here it's just for large amounts and if you eat the same one everyday, I'm not sure if what's in the green blends is considered a large amount.. Why (And How) You Should Rotate Your Leafy Greens | Incredible Smoothies anyway it's good to know for the people that just use fresh spinach or kale

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.