Folic acid pregnancy prevents from Neural Tube Defects

What are the neural tube defects? These defects have a relation with brain and the spinal cord. Two of the main defects are: spina bifida and anencephaly. In these medical conditions, the brain if the fetus does not get enough nutrients and brain do not get properly formed. Those babies who survive may get their left side paralyzed for the whole life. NTDs can be prevented through folic acid pregnancy or if pregnant women start taking the folic acid before conceiving. It is being advised to take 400micrograms of folic acid before pregnancy.

Judging from this and other of your posts, you are clearly not a medical professional, nor are you at all knowledgable about the causes and probable complications of neural tube defects or pregnancy in general. I say this with all kindness, you need to stop posting in this forum as some sort of pregnancy expert.

Last edited:
I totally agree! I clicked on the yellow triangle w/ exclamation point icon on the top left of the post to report it as spam. If enough of us do that maybe the user will be banned and the posts will be deleted.

I totally agree! I clicked on the yellow triangle w/ exclamation point icon on the top left of the post to report it as spam. If enough of us do that maybe the user will be banned and the posts will be deleted.

I reported this person as well. Their posts need to be removed from the forum.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.