Flight Arrivals - share shuttle?

Linda - sounds great ! We'll get it figured out on Friday then.

Eunice, yes, unfortunately they charge $22 per night to park - I was going to rent a car but decided against it when I saw that. I was recently down in Pasadena and saw that a few of the hotels charged for parking there too. Made me mad, but what are you going to do? Kinda sucks !

Not sure there is much other parking out there in Coronado that would be cheaper. Maybe Lorrayne has some ideas ? ? ? ;)

Linda, thanks for being our organizer. Just a suggestion -- rather than posting with the hotel, what about checking with SNM to see whether we can have a sheet on the table at registration?

Hi Nancy:
That's a good idea about having a shuttle sign-up sheet at the registration table.
That is a nice central location. I'm almost thinking the concierge desk would help out, too, as they usually do things like this. I'll figure this out prior to the trip, after I make some phone calls.

I wonder who will be sitting at the registration table. It would be nice if SNM had someone we could direct these types of questions to!:confused:

The hotel is a resort and is in a remote area. You are quite a ways down the "silver strand" which is literally a two lane road (with bike trail on one side) with water on both sides. It's a beautiful location.

I would suggest one not rent a car and take the shuttle. For those of you driving, you'll have to pay for parking. The Hotel Del Coronado also charges quite a bit for parking; even for those just eating there for dinner. Just par for the course.

Just think you're in San Francisco where daily parking is even more than it is at Lowes.

Re: sign-up sheet. You can always bring it with you to the Meet and Greet on Friday night and have folks sign up for Sunday departures. Linda, I suggest you just place it at your table. Then, on Saturday, you can contact the shuttle company and make your reservation.

Another suggestion is to just start a new thread called "shuttle bus registration" and have trippers sign up for desired departure times.

Hope this helps.
Lorrayne

Re: sign-up sheet. You can always bring it with you to the Meet and Greet on Friday night and have folks sign up for Sunday departures. Linda, I suggest you just place it at your table. Then, on Saturday, you can contact the shuttle company and make your reservation.

Another suggestion is to just start a new thread called "shuttle bus registration" and have trippers sign up for desired departure times.

Hope this helps.
Lorrayne

Hi Lorrayne!
I just saw your post after I just posted a new thread to get a sign-up sheet at the registration table. If the registration table doesn't work, the "meet and greet" would be a good place to have the sheet--I'd have Cathe or someone announce that it would be at my table.

I don't think I will collect names on a thread, because I think many people don't regularly look at the forum, and it's quite a bit of more work for me to follow the thread and keep track of people and comments:)! (I have to work, so it is hard to keep up during the day;))

See you soon!

Hi Linda,

I'm sure Cathe or someone else will make the announcement. This is a great way for you to meet fellow trippers (and them to meet you)! For you newbies, I've had the pleasure in meeting Linda last year. She's a great person and very friendly.

I, however, may not make the road trip. I may be on a business trip in Norfolk, VA. Still don't know...this is why I haven't had a chance to sign up yet. If I end up going on the business trip, I don't fly home until Saturday.

But, I'm happy to answer any and all questions. I love San Diego and am sooo excited that this RT is in my backyard (well, 45 minutes away...I live just outside of La Jolla)! :)

Lorrayne

Hi Linda,

I'm sure Cathe or someone else will make the announcement. This is a great way for you to meet fellow trippers (and them to meet you)! For you newbies, I've had the pleasure in meeting Linda last year. She's a great person and very friendly.

I, however, may not make the road trip. I may be on a business trip in Norfolk, VA. Still don't know...this is why I haven't had a chance to sign up yet. If I end up going on the business trip, I don't fly home until Saturday.

But, I'm happy to answer any and all questions. I love San Diego and am sooo excited that this RT is in my backyard (well, 45 minutes away...I live just outside of La Jolla)! :)

Lorrayne

Hi Lorrayne!

Thanks for the nice words! I thought I was afraid to talk to everyone! haha!:eek::D

Oh, that's too bad Lorrayne that you might not make it. I hope your Norfolk trip gets cancelled so you can be with us instead. With the RT practically being in your backyard, that is sort of a bummer you might not be able to go. I'll cross my fingers that you just *might* be able to be at the RT!

I really do appreciate you answering all our questions!

Well, if my business trip gets cancelled, I hope it gets cancelled prior to the road trip registration cut-off date. We'll see...

Remember this. With you having the sign-up sheet, you'll meet plenty of road trippers. Everyone I've met has always been friendly; including you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.