Fitnessfreak366

Coakieanos

Cathlete
Good Morning,

I started your Get ready for summer 2008 rotation and was wondering where could I incorporate runs in the workout? I basically love all the dvds that you have chosen for this rotation and wanted to add in running, not replace any cardio workouts. For example, i want to add a 15 minute interval run to day 2, of week one. Is that too much? I have lots and lots of fat to burn. Secondly, I love reading your check-ins in the Check-in forum board and wanted to start using Cardio Coach for running. I went there and was thoroughly confused. Which workout should I start with and how do I progress from there?

Thanks for all you do.

Love,

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne,
There are three days of cardio in this rotation and I personally think that is enough. However, if you want to add in running, then do it on the weight training days but split it up. Do your weight training in the a.m. and cardio in the p.m. You can do it for the entire rotation and see how your body responds. If it seems like you are making no difference, then I say cut back on the cardio, it may be overkill. Add in only two days of running and keep it at a maximum of 30 minutes.

What are you confused about with the Cardio Coach workouts? The workouts themselves or how to order them?

#1, 2 and 3 are around 35 minutes. These are the workouts you should start out with. #4 is around 45 minutes and 5, 6, 7, and 8 are at an hour.

I think when I went to the website, it mainly talked about music and introduce Shawn, I think that his his name, but it didn't tell me where to begin. You know I may have been on the wrong site(lol).

So if i still look fluffy at the of this rotation, cut back on the cardio?

Thank you for responding and clarifying the workouts for me.

Take Care

Yvonne

When you go to the www.cardiocoach.com website, click on the top bar that says STORE. You will find all the downloads there.

Keep in mind that it takes a good 12 weeks to notice major changes to the body. It won't happen over night. After the 4 week rotation take your measurements and weigh yourself and see if there is a difference. If so, keep doing what you are doing.

If you are the same or have gained you need to do two things:

1. Change your diet. Are you eating clean? Are you eating 5-6 times a day? Are you eating the appropriate grams of carbs, protein and fats? Diet is 85% of the battle.

2. Are your workouts improving as you go along with the rotation? Do you notice that you have more energy with each workout (cardio and weights) or when you get to the end of the rotation are you forcing yourself to workout? If the latter is true, then you need to cut down on what you are doing. You are overtraining and defeating your purpose.

I do eat clean, but I can honestly say, I need to eat cleaner. I don't do fast foods, or white rice, pasta, sodas, nothing bad, I don't always eat six times per day, and I do need to find out what percentage of carbs, proteing and fats I should consume. I don't always eat six meals per day because I work out in the evenings, so I stop eating around 2pm; I can't work out with food in my stomach. I work out around 7pm, then I go to bed at 11pm. I am somewhat menopausal, so my sleep tends to be erratic. I would love to be able to wake up refresh and ready to workout at 5am, but realistically, that ain't happening. I am not as lean as I would like to be and I do need to improve my cardio endurance. I think Cardiocoach will help.

Thank you for answering my post and your suggestions. Take care.

Love,

Yvonne

Just one quick word of advice. PLEASE eat something after your workouts. It is a MUST! The best thing you can have after a workout is a protein shake. Mix in some fruit with it. Your body needs food after 2 p.m., you cannot go that long without it. Your muscles need to feed on something during the p.m. hours - YOU HAVE TO FEED THEM!

I'm not yelling at you, I'm just trying to make you see that it is VERY important to have a protein source right after your workout. My last meal is at 8 p.m., sometimes 9 p.m. Your body goes into starvation mode quickly if it isn't fed every 2-3 hours. If you are going from 2 p.m. to lets say 7 a.m. without food, you are putting your body in a stress it doesn't need.

Good luck to you! Hope you reach all your goals!

Girl, with a body like yours, you can yell at me all you want! I can do a protein shake with natural pb after my workout.

Thanks again. You are truly a blessing.

I'll keep you posted.

Love,

Yvonne

Hi Fitnessfreak, it's Yvonne again. I realize, realistically, I might it overdoing it with trying to add additional cardio to your Getting Ready for Summer routine. I do want to add interval running to your routine and do the cardio workouts you suggested. I know you told me to do weights in the morning and cardio at night. Did that twice, i was extremely achy when I work this morning, so I think I may be overdoing it. Should I just change one of the cardios to an interval run? Any suggestions would be helpful because i am finding that the interval runs are helping with my endurance so I want to incorporate them as much as possible.

Thanks always

Love

Hi Fitnessfreak, it's Yvonne again. What is meant by lifting weights to failure? Does it mean, lift until you feel the burn and can't take the pain (lactic acid build-up) anymore? I have notice that I am not getting leaner, my diet could be cleaner, but truthfully I don't like the "burn" I get from lifting weights. I like lifting, but I usually won't push myself beyond the "burn." But if that lactic acid, or burn is necessary for leanness and definition, then i will work through it. I hope I am making sense. At your convenience, could you explain what it takes to become lean.

Thank you so much for your rotations and your responses. I have learned a lot from you. Have a happy July 4th.

On a side note, how are you doing? I noticed in the checks-in that you bought a motorcycle. You go Girl!

Love

Hi Yvonne! Wow, I can't believe you don't like the burn. That is a great feeling for me. I strive for it with each workout.

Technically you should not work to failure. That means you couldn't do one more rep at all. Working "safely" to failure means that you would be able to get about 2 more reps out until you know you just couldn't lift it anymore. It is not good to continually work to complete failure. It puts the muscles in danger and could cause some major injuries.

I guess the answer to your question is in order to get lean and defined you need to put everything you have into each workout. Mind and body connection. Yes, you need to feel that burn. That is what creates change in the body. I don't know what to tell you to do since you don't like that feeling.

I'm doing great and I love my motorcycle! I just wish our weather would get better. If it's not raining, its cold. Thanks for asking!

Thanks Debbie, Well, I guess I going to have to build a tolerance for that burn because my desire to get lean is greater than my whoosiness, if that is even a word.

Love

Yvonne

worseenemy
where is this check-in?SORRY I'm not good at this. But I really want to get to know Debbie I haven see any of her pictures or there is more?
:D :D :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.