Fitnessfreak or guru I need your help with beginner rotation..

miastine

Hi
I am a newbie to Cathes workouts.
I have bought all her dvds, but as I am a beginner I am afraid of killing myself or loosing motivation by starting off with some of her toughest workouts :confused:

I am 230lbs and I have already lost 35lbs doing Leslie Sansone and Firm dvds. I have started with Cathes basic step this past week, but I am not sure if the rotation is the best for max fat loss and muscle gain? what would you recommend?

My beginner rotation: (I start off with Leslies 1 mile DVD every workout day)

Mon: 1 mile, Basic step, upper body sculpt, and stretch max 20 min.
Tue: 1 mile, lower body sculpt, abs 10 min.
Wed: 1 mile, Basic step, upper body sculpt.
Thu: 1 mile, lower body sculpt, abs 10 min.
Fri: 1 mile, Basic step, upper body sculpt, and stretch max 20 min.
sat: rest
sun: rest

any suggestions? Thanks in advance :D

Congrats on your weight loss!!! So is this the rotation you are currently doing? If so, how long have you been doing it? I think at this point if you are new to Cathe then just the variety of changing it up will be good. I'd give the rotation 4-6 weeks and see how it goes. If you are continuing to see improvement then by all means keep doing what you are doing. Once you "stall" then it's time o change it up a bit.

Here's a rotation posted by Cathe:http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236223

Good luck ;)

Last edited:
Hi
I am a newbie to Cathes workouts.
I have bought all her dvds, but as I am a beginner I am afraid of killing myself or loosing motivation by starting off with some of her toughest workouts :confused:

I am 230lbs and I have already lost 35lbs doing Leslie Sansone and Firm dvds. I have started with Cathes basic step this past week, but I am not sure if the rotation is the best for max fat loss and muscle gain? what would you recommend?

My beginner rotation: (I start off with Leslies 1 mile DVD every workout day)

Mon: 1 mile, Basic step, upper body sculpt, and stretch max 20 min.
Tue: 1 mile, lower body sculpt, abs 10 min.
Wed: 1 mile, Basic step, upper body sculpt.
Thu: 1 mile, lower body sculpt, abs 10 min.
Fri: 1 mile, Basic step, upper body sculpt, and stretch max 20 min.
sat: rest
sun: rest

any suggestions? Thanks in advance :D

When you say "upper body sculpt" and "lower body sculpt", what workouts are you doing???

Is there any way you can take your rest days on Tuesday and Friday? I think you need more recovery time doing all those sculpting workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.