FITNESS NOT FACEBOOK: JUNE

Stacy

Cathlete
This check-in is fitness focused ONLY. Post your workout. Post your progress. Post your words of encouragement. Rinse and repeat.

Starting weight 135.6
Goal 120.0
Workout 4-5 times per week.
NO EXCUSES!

Will report back later today after my workout is completed.

Last edited:
Hmmm valid point nicely made;)

IMAX3 one of my favourite was on today's plan now completed.
I was really looking forward to interval #6, 7 and 8.

Last edited:
This thread is a great idea.

Saturday is Leg Day ---

Low Max (ugggh, I'm learning the choreography in this one and I'm not finding my groove)
TTM - Warmup through 30/20, then XFire Triple Tabata premix (no warmup)
STS Disk 37 (first time doing this one and loved it)
LLB floorwork and quad section of XTrain Barre Bonus
Ab Hits KB planks/abs to finish out.

I had to walk the pups before it got too hot, so it was a nice way to move out the lactic acid. To recover, I had a Jethro Bodine-style breakfast and a nap. :p

This thread is a great idea.

Saturday is Leg Day ---

Low Max (ugggh, I'm learning the choreography in this one and I'm not finding my groove)
TTM - Warmup through 30/20, then XFire Triple Tabata premix (no warmup)
STS Disk 37 (first time doing this one and loved it)
LLB floorwork and quad section of XTrain Barre Bonus
Ab Hits KB planks/abs to finish out.

I had to walk the pups before it got too hot, so it was a nice way to move out the lactic acid. To recover, I had a Jethro Bodine-style breakfast and a nap. :p

Hello swimmer ,

I like your routine , it's a very good one to cook the legs. ;-)

To add recovery nutrition for me was pea protein isolate , water plus banana :)

Last night I did Xtrain Legs Premix 1-Legs (Standing + Ball & Chair + Floor) + Rear Delts, then after that Core Max-Workout 1 (no equipment)

This morning I did Xtrain Ride with an extra 5 minute cooldown for 1 hour, and 14.5miles of cycling. According to my Garmin FR 60 watch, I burned 550 calories.

Judy

You ladies are kickin' butt!!

Swimmer your leg workout puts mine to shame! Legs are my weak area, but working on them!

Workout: XTrain Cardio Leg Blast, Core #2 and 50 reps of the 100 rep Hip Thrust Challenge. Goal is to do the full 100! (I've done 100 before but not on leg day)

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with 1 egg, 2 egg whites, 1/2 slice white cheddar, diced peppers and onions

Take THAT body fat!! (Insert karate chop)

Great work, everyone. I love hearing about your workouts---gives me ideas on how I can mix things up.

Sunday is upper body blast-a-roo! Started w/HardStrikes (warmup to conditioning drills--boxing gloves on), then Rapid Fire shadowbox (weighted gloves). Finished the cardio off w/Hard Strikes Heavy Bag. Strength: Burn sets Chest/Back/Shoulders; XT 100 reps triceps; XT Core #1.

Another steamy day predicted for the DC Metro area, so I walked the goldens immediately after a good stretch.

Nathalie -- I think we are kindred spirits in terms of our workout preferences. :) I'll have to look into pea protein isolate. I confess that I eat like a 50 year old child---only stuff I like. Luckily, I was raised by a "junkfood only on special occasions" mother, so I crave mostly healthier foods. Pizza w/spinach and light cheese. ;-)

Good Morning!!

Swimmer, once again, your workout sounds exhausting, but very motivational!! I also love hearing about other ppl's workouts, makes me realize I CAN DO MORE!!

I missed a day in my workout rotation last week, so today I got in both Burn Sets Back and Triceps and cardio/yoga with Ultimate Yogi Cardio workout. First time with this one and I was sweating onto my yoga mat! I usually dont combine strength and yoga on the same day, but mentally I felt I needed to get in my missed workout before the end of the week!

My flexibility sucks, so trying to do yoga at least once per week. I bought the Ultimate Yogi set and so far I'm liking it, granted I've only done 2 workouts so far! I'm picky with yoga, dont care for anything too breathy, too mellow, or just loaded with nothing but sun salutations, this one so far fits the bill! I found it at a good price too! ;)

Hoping to keep this check-in going strong with talk of fitness and no "facebook fluff" to sift through! So far so good! :)

Hello, I'd like to join in:) you all are so motivational, I was on another check in with Stacy and it was kind of...not motivational. we need this!

Had to work at 0700 this morning but needed to do something so I did good old Basic Step and then took my dogs for a quick 1 mile walk. almost ashamed that that is all I did...lol!

Hi all - great thread.
I'm on my final week of XTrain - AOLIH today - did the extreme version plus abs. Not my favourite workout, but I only need to do it once more:D
After this rotation I'm going to give Rock Bottoms 2011 a try. I'm missing quite a lot of the dvds, so I'll be subbing Xtrain Legs and Cardio Leg Blast. I'd be glad to hear from anyone who's done this. I may need encouragement ;)
Stacy, good to hear you like Ultimate Yogi - I've had my eye on this one.

Off to 'power walk' the dogs (well it feels like it to me, but they think nothing of it) for my final exercise today!
Justine

I did 5k yesterday & PR by 18 seconds! That is huge for me since I haven't PR for a year for a 5k then I did step body blast for the first time, it was a great workout! Today is rest say for me.

Congrats, Bunek!!

Reporting back to say Ultimate Yogi is making me sore!! Yay!!

Justine, I've eyed the Rock Bottoms Rotation many times!! Good Luck!!

Andrea, you worked out! That's something!

This afternoon I did X-Train Bi's & Tri's with Core 2, then I did Spinervals 33.0-"The Pain Cave", 45 minutes of threshold intervals and sprints.

Walked my dogs another 1.5 miles after work before meeting the inlaws for dinner. Made us late but I needed to do it!

Buneknek- WTG on the 5K PR!

Justine- Rock Bottoms?!?!?! WOW that looks tough! But you never know what you are capable of until you try right?

Stacy- Glad you are liking the Yogi and glad you started this thread :) I agree, reading all of these posts does make me realize I can do more too...yaaaaay!

Swimmer- how long did it take to do your whole leg day workout? I am AMAZED. dang.

Nathalie, Judy, anyone else, can't wait to see what you're up to tomorrow.

I got off track last month, had been working out almost daily since last August. I did finish my goal of walking my dogs 60 miles last month, so there's that. Excited to get back on track.

Monday: Planned rest day.

Eyeing the BBW part of the Rock Bottoms Rotation as an add-on during the week....

I did the Bootcamp (intensity series) today...WOW I forgot how hard but great that workout. I was pouring sweat!!! I need to do that more often.

Today was my long ride day. I did Spinervals "On The Road-Tempe Training Ride". I rode 1:57 minutes, 35 miles with an average heart rate of 134 and a max heart rate of 158. Tonight I'm planning on Core Max, I want to do at least 2, if not all 3 of the workouts on that DVD.

Wednesday is my planned rest day, and I have a massage scheduled for Wednesday morning.

I upload my heart rate data to training peaks, here is the graph if anyone is interested:

http://www.trainingpeaks.com/av/RTNAQHFQF4KWS3BURRRHNAUIOA

Last edited:
Buneknek - well done on the PR - 18 secs is an awsome amount to improve by - and then to do Intensity.....inspiring.
Andreadale - dogs keep you moving, heh? Because of mine, I always have the motivation to do SOMETHING. :)
Today I did my 5mile walk, first thing - beautiful sunshine (finally). Then I did Supercuts extreme + core 2. Gotta love the sit up / push up combo!
Tonight is my swim night - 45 minutes, but at a leisurely pace, as I go with a friend. I may also do Lower Body Sculpt (20 mins) or a 100 rep challenge.

What are the rest of you up to?
Justine

Three mile dog walk today, gorgeous weather, 65 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Hoping to fit in Gym Style chest and triceps but trying to get house ready to sell and doing some painting so sadly that might be my upper body workout :-(

Yep, those dogs don't let you miss a day very often:) thank goodness...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.