fitness magazines

Sarah,

For a while I subscribed to Runner's World, Shape, Fitness, Self, Women's Sports and Fitness, and Health. Health is one of my favorites as far as keeping me up to date on the latest information and not looking too much like a fashion magazine.

RE: I heard they went under

I cannot remember where I read this but I did. Maybe someone else will be coming forth with some funding to get it back up and running.......

Kim

I may just be imagining this, but I thought I had read that Fit magazine is now called Health & Fitness. (Not Health - it's a different magazine).

If that's the case, let's hope their subscriber (me included) get the new magazine. Phooey!

honeybunch, I'm with you, they really should of notified us, Walking magazine did that when they went out of biz, gave me the option of receiving Cooking Light instead or getting my money back. I chose CL but still haven't seen it yet lol.

RE: what happened to fit

Yes, I can't find "Fit" either. But I also found out they don't print on old favorate I use to enjoy called "Women's Sport and Fitness". It's a shame, I really liked that one. :'(
Faythe

Faythe, Hi, I liked that one too...I guess their not getting enough subscritions....I saw an ad for Engery magazine for women, does anyone subscibe to this and do you like it? Thanks.

I bought the first two issues on the stands because I'm a magazine junkie. The magazine is a disappointment because it is one big plug for Bill Phillips Body for Life/EAS empire. I think others have posted with the same opinion elsewhere. I will say, though, that some of the success stories are interesting, even though you can predict that they'll attribute their success to the EAS products.

There are two other magazines that just appeared that purport to be about women's health and fitness. One is called Women's Fitness Rx or some such thing, and I can't remember what the other is called. Both were disappointing and both were chock-full of ads, including the ubiquitous Hydroxycut testimonial.

Let's ask Cathe to expand her empire by starting a magazine! Even a quarterly newsletter would be great!

I still like Men's Health the best because of their weight lifting features. They have cooking stuff once in a while....it's my favorite magazine. I'm excited because my new one came in the mail today! Also the latest issue of FIT. I guess they didn't suspend publication after all.

Thanks for the info, you just saved me $17 lol, I would like to see a Cathe newsletter/magazine too, that would be great! :)

Energy

Hi, I tried reading Energy too. When I read the 1st issue I just thought it was a coincidence that they kept mentioning EAS/Body-for-Life stuff. When I saw the same pattern in the 2nd issue, I got annoyed. It's not like these are cheap mags! You don't know if you're reading a legit article or an ad. Some of the info is good, but it's still a turnoff.

When I went to Borders, there were 2 or 3 "premiere" issues of fitness mags out- they seemed the same as Energy though.
That's why sometimes I just like plain old "Fitness"- some fluff, but it's still entertaining.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.