FitBit?

fox2star

Cathlete
Hi,

Looking at possibly getting a FitBit or something similar. Which one do you have and why do you like it or not like it?

Any recommendations from those that have used one for a while?

I got a Misfit Shine in January and love it. I have been meaning to buy the necklace for it, but I haven't yet. I don't have to have it, but it would go better with dress clothes then. I doesn't need to charge, you have to change a battery when it dies, which is supposed to be 6-8 months, it's just a cheap watch battery. It tracks sleep, activity, and syncs with my fitness pal, and can also function as a watch. It's my first tracker, and I love it.

I had a FitBit One, which I lost after a month. It had the clip on. That one counted stairs. A few month ago, I bought a FitBit Flex wrist band and love it. This one doesn't count stairs :( The Flex tracks sleep, activity, and syncs with my fitness pal. Once a week you have to charge the battery.

I recently purchased the fitbit charge HR. I love it. Before it, I had the jawboneup24. I liked it as well, but what I really love about the fitbit is the social aspect of it. I have a lot of coworkers/friends that have them so you can set up daily, work week, and weekend challenges and compete against one another for the most steps. I work a desk job during the week, so the challenges have really motivated me to get up and move more during the work day because no one likes being at the bottom of the leaderboard! I also like how I don't have to set the fitbit to sleep mode at night in order to track my sleep (which is what I had to do with the jawboneup24). The fitbit charge HR automatically detects when you are asleep by your lack of movement and heart rate.

Deb, I'm about to buy an activity tracker and I decided on the Garmin Vivofit 2. I have a friend who loves her Vivofit (and has had really good experiences with the customer service) and am also basing the decision after having read an embarrassingly high number of online reviews.

I've heard good things about the Fitbit as well but have read many horror stories of the device getting lost or broken because the wristband apparently breaks easily. Take that for what it's worth I suppose. In the end you probably really can't go wrong with any of the options out there.

Lisa

Fitbit customer service is amazing :) I lost my FitBit One three years ago, a few weeks ago their customer services replaced it :p A few weeks ago, my husband had trouble with his fitbit flex and they replaced it right away.

I have an old FitBit Zip, which I've had for almost 3 years now. It doesn't measure sleep but it does count steps and it syncs to the FitBit site. It has a clip which I attach to my bra. I wear it from the time I get up to the time I go to bed. I love it and I have lots of fun competing with my friends at work. I agree with Belinda about FitBit's great customer service. I've had a couple of issues over the years and have found that they are really helpful and do what it takes to make their customer happy, no questions asked. I have to change my battery once every 3-4 months (that may be a benefit of using an older device - I believe the newer ones are bigger battery hogs).

Stebby

My company ran a promotion where we could purchase a fitbit for a reduced price and they kicked in $50 towards the purchase, so how could I refuse?? I got the Fitbit Charge HR and I absolutely love it. It's my first fitness tracker, so I don't have much for comparison. I love how I can track my heart rate during exercise, and I love seeing how I sleep. The battery seems to last 4-5 days and then only takes about an hour and a half to charge - I just plug it in at my desk since I'm not walking anyway. I'm actually considering buying my husband one as well so we can do challenges together.

One of my coworkers did some research on these as well, so I thought I'd share that with you. I haven't reviewed these recently, but I remember thinking they were helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oMVKM1rOpU
Enjoy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.