Fit Tower alternative or substitute

bev067

I tried Turbo Barre for the first time and enjoyed it more than expected ;) I don't have a Fit Tower so used the handle on my daughter's Rebounder which worked fine. However, I am intrigued by some of the Fit Tower DVD previews but am hesitant to purchase given that the Fit Tower is no longer available. Can anyone suggest a good alternative or substitute as the Rebounder handle isn't going to work given what I've previewed.

Have you tried calling their customer service to see if they’ll restock? The # is 1-800-443-9130 Mon-Thurs. 8:30-5:00 EST. I hope they haven’t gone out of business. The woman I spoke to last year was really nice and very helpful.

If you have a rebounder that has the barre, you can absolutely make this work! Pulls ups are easily done sitting on trampoline then pulling yourself up. Triceps pulls...loop band over barre. Dips...use edge of tramp. very easy to modify.

What I suggest is use a chair. And you can use a wall, too.
I got a Fit Tower and the problem I had with it was it moved when I used it. Not all the time, but I didn't feel safe with it. And storing it.

If you can find a sturdy chair that you feel comfortable with and supports your weight that is really good. And that is right where your waist is that is fine too.

Why I say a wall, because the wall does support you in some of the exercise for balance. And some of the exercises you will find that it will help with the hands. It will help give your hands a little bit ofrest from grip. When you use a chair, you grip so much for balance, but the wall changes the grip because balance is used different. Now some of the exercises you can't use the wall, you are going to use a chair. Here is an example of an exercise that could use the wall. For example, calf raises. Yes, you do use you the wall, but you are using your hands less for support then a chair (Fit Tower).

If you wanted to buy a Fit Tower, I would ask you where are you going to put it?? It is really bulky and once you put it together, it is hard to take apart. If there is a free trial I would suggest you do that.

Pros about it is the bar is soft rubber. That is what I really like about it. When you are gripping the bar you don't hurt you hands. And you can put your head on it and that is really nice. I am 5'8" and it did match my height. And I really liked about it.

Cons it moves sometimes. So put something in front of the bottom so it doesn't move. Also, it is big and you have room for it.

If I had invented this I would have made it bendable, so people could put it on the side on the wall or under the bed, so it would have been easier to store. But, I understand the design and I really did like it. I liked that the bar was easy to move from different heights. But, storing it, is very difficult. Or maybe it was me.

That is my take on it. That is my opinion take it or leave. It is up to you !

Jennifer Denny

Thanks for the great suggestions! While I have room in my home gym for a Fit Tower, I'd rather buy a spin bike LOL So, I think between the rebounder barre, wall, bench & my step platform, I can probably forego the tower.

Thanks for the great suggestions! While I have room in my home gym for a Fit Tower, I'd rather buy a spin bike LOL So, I think between the rebounder barre, wall, bench & my step platform, I can probably forego the tower.
Hanging my head because I managed to squeeze all those in our home gym plus more. Enjoy your spin bike.

I think the OP is right that with the rebounder with barre and all the other equipment, a Fit Tower isn't really needed. I have to say, though, that it is definitely nice to have if you have room for it. It is really well-built, sturdy, and thoughtfully designed. I was able to get the barbell clips for it very recently from the Fit Tower company, so it seems they are still in operation. It really is useful for much more than just a barre, and absolutely worth the price. I usually end up feeling that a lot of fitness equipment out there is just really gimicky and useless, but not so with this. I expect to get a lifetime of use out of it.

Like you Lannette I have also managed to squeeze heaps of exercise equipment into my home gym. I purchased the Fit Tower which was quite an expense as I live in New Zealand and had to get it shipped here. However, I love it and the cost was comparable to other Barres available but the Fit Tower is more versatile with the ability to raise and lower the barre height.

Bev067, the website Fitnessmystyle.com has reviews of Cathe's Live Fit Tower workouts where the Fit Tower has been substituted with a chair and step and some of the moves modified. This is well worth checking out to see how exercises can be modified when you don't have a Fit Tower.

Like you Lannette I have also managed to squeeze heaps of exercise equipment into my home gym. I purchased the Fit Tower which was quite an expense as I live in New Zealand and had to get it shipped here. However, I love it and the cost was comparable to other Barres available but the Fit Tower is more versatile with the ability to raise and lower the barre height.

Bev067, the website Fitnessmystyle.com has reviews of Cathe's Live Fit Tower workouts where the Fit Tower has been substituted with a chair and step and some of the moves modified. This is well worth checking out to see how exercises can be modified when you don't have a Fit Tower.
thanks for the idea, Lannette!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.