Fit mommies and their cute babies Mar 14-20

disk 9 done. no firewalkers in this one..I missed them..but some new pulse lunge/squat moves I liked
Christine-hope the appt goes well. Nobody can even imagine the stress you have been through over Johns condition. I am such a weenie for whining about Kara's shots when for you Johns shots are a BIG deal. We are here for you. Thanks for the recipes! You suck for not letting Jimmy have starbucks!
Lisa-congrats!!!!
squirmy baby..bb when I can type

Christine- I think I will try the pasta one this weekend. Thanks! And the chicken looks good too. I noticed james boycotting naps when he has growth spurts so maybe john is having one??? James slept from 1030-8am this morning. I gave him some probiotics in his last bottle, maybe that helped?? Not to make you anymore envious but only to encourage you, ;) I was down to 134 last night, NIGHT after eating all day. And a co-worker said my butt looked nice and tight again :eek: and it doesnt look like I had a baby. These comments make me feel like all my hardwork is paying off. :D

Side note...I only say these things because when I don't feel like working out, I think of Christine and her DH appreciating her abs and legs. Or how hard Melanie has worked with 5 children, working and continuing to work out and has hit 135 already after having twins! And how much of a machine Susan is with working out almost every day and still giving DH some lovin! ;) Just to get mushy for a minute, I think of you ladies when I am not on the computer and you encourage me to make healthy choices and to work out when I am tired. Just a little thanks for being such great friends!

I agree, DH can be dog tired and you mention anything remotely close to sex or he sees a flash of skin on me and he's ready to go! :rolleyes:

LMAO at DH's comment about the plate crashing into a forest. Tell him good job and we are proud of him for listening to his wife!

Oh no! No firewalkers Susan??? I LOVE those too! I don't use any weights with the paper plates because I am still just getting the hang of it. But I do all of the reps.

James was at work with me for a bit while DH went to qualify his weapon at the gun range. I made the girls promise not to disrupt the place or my boss probably wouldn't let it happen again. He is so lovable and so good. He zonked out in my arms and my friend put a blanket down on the ground for him and he slept for about 30 min before DH got here. It was nice to spend some time with him and not work. Well, leaving at 130p so I better get off of here. I'll check back later! Be good girls!

we've decided last minute to go visit frends in Nashville this weekend. Friend always makes me brownies and has my fav ice cream so I know I will eat it. Detox reset for Monday..grrrrrrr. I will chekc in on dh's phone.

Where is everyone???

Have fun and be careful Susan!

Well decided on no workout and took a nap while J napped instead. Got some cleaning and laundry done and played with the dog and J in the backyard. Weather is gorgeous here!

I did the same thing. No nap, me and the kids crawled in bed and slept hours. AHhh. And hubby came home with champagne for no reason. Hubba hubba! Early to bed for the kids!
Jen- Thank you for your thoughts today. I swear that you guys are some of my best friends, how dorky am I? ANd when I ate my son's pepperoni pizza for lunch, I thought, what would the girls say! But it was so good!
Off to make dinner, and glad to have had a day off! BBL!

Christine~ you are on top of things! Holy cow! Thank you so much for sending out the package already!!! Jen, I will totally post recipes as I try them. Sounds exciting!

I ordered DVDs from Amazon...so it'll probably be another week or so before next project begins. I think i have Tue & Wed off.

I can really feel this 3 day work week (opposed to 2 day). I need to get some more sleep especially night before work... 5-6 hours isn't cutting it. I feel so dragged out & start craving really bad foods & caffeine injected things. Ick.

What does everyone have planned for the weekend? I'm planning on making lactation cookies (and lactation banana bread). I can post for you lactating moms....if interested. It has brewer's yeast & flaxseed in it to help boost milk production. I had another great conversation with lactation consultant to help bring my supply up. She also recommended a beer/day to help. Too bad I don't like beer......but I'm going to try it anyway. Do you think I'll get a buzz? I could use a buzz. lol

Sat is mimimal cardio day per recommendation of my coach friend. I'll try 30day Shred, then do some ab specific work. Question for Charlean people......do all her DVDs work entire body? So if I jump in & do burn 1....will that be an entire body strength workout (including abs)? I"m excited for my Sunday run. I hope I'm full of energy. I'm so antsy already...and Saturday has barely begun!

...okay I best get back to bed! Night Night!

Last edited:
Christine-I'll have to do some reading up on John's condition, as I'm not familiar with it. It's nice to hear that you and the boys got some sleep--you workout so hard that I'm sure your body enjoyed the break.

Jen-Woo hoo on those compliments!!!! Doesn't that feel good?!

Susan-enjoy your time with your friends...and the brownie :). I totally failed day 1 of the detox. Besides for a couple days with some chex mix issues, I've eaten really well over the past several weeks. However, yesterday the open bag of chocolate chips just fell out of the freezer. I don't know what it is about chocolate chips! Estimated calorie hit-200. I had an otherwise healthy day.

I didn't have too great of luck shopping ---bought more things for the kids than me! I was looking for work clothes and only found a couple shirts and a pant---none of which really wowed me, but they were really cheap, and I know I'll get some use out of them.

Reese started her night off great by sleeping 730 to 3---herlongest yet! I hope she goesback down after nursing and doesn't stay up from the long stretch of sleep.

Nothing planned here for the weekend. Just want to de-clutter the house, as it seems like there are things everywhere. I hate little things like mail and papers sitting around. Clutter makes me crazy!

Good morning, Lisa. Looks like your weeone is still up in middle night? I nurse my babies on demand...which is about 2-4 times throughout the night. I really don't mind much, they latch right on and cuddle to sleep....at some point I feel them fall off and I do a poor attempt at a burp,...then leave them by my side until the next baby is ready to eat. LOL I know it's not a super healthy sleeping schedule...but it does help keep my milk up...and we did it with our others.

When do you go back to work, Lisa? The other thing that I did do to "cheat" having cuter close (when I didn't quite fit into mine yet) is I borrowed some "fat pants" from a friend. I asked them if I could borrow a couple pair of their bigger jeans for a couple weeks. It worked great....b/c wearing jeans feels so good after maternity wear.

I also despise clutter! Ewww. With a passion. I'm such an organizer at heart. I love baskets (and boxes) it drives DH crazy. He is a "messy". We compliment each other in so many ways!

Jen, that was sweet......all those nice mushy comments you said about us. :D I soaked it right up. THANK YOU!

Ugh....I only slept 5 hrs last night. All the kids are sleeping, but I'm wide awake. My body is used to getting up at 6AM. I will put some stuff away and start up with my lactation cookies I think. :)

Miss you ladies. :(

Well, Mel, they were all true. I talk about you guys so much that I think my RL friends think I am weird. Oh well....this is such great support and I believe it is what has kept me on the right track for fitness.

Lisa, I agree about clutter. It stresses me out to no end! Sorry you can't sleep. (Saw post on FB)

I woke up at 630a when DH got home and into bed. J woke up and then fell back asleep on his own. Wow! He slept from 1030-730a! But then I couldn't fall back asleep so I got up. I wonder if the probiotics help his belly so he doesn't wake up. I forget what number I am on but STS upper body is on tap today along with some MUCH needed ab work! I'm glad I took a rest day yesterday because now I am excited to workout. We are going to a flag football game later between two police departments that are playing to raise money for where I work. I think James will have a blast just people watching.

Hi Christine, Priscila, Allison and all! Oh Christine, I am trying the pasta recipe today but don't have marscapone cheese so I thought I would try cream cheese and doctor it up. BBL!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lacation Cookies

This recipe is for my lactating friends.....but it really tastes good too. :)

1 cup butter (I used 1-stick butter, 1-stick smart balance)
1 cup splenda
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4 T water
2 t flax seed meal
2 eggs
2 cups flour (I used 1 cup white flour, 1/2 cup vanilla pp, 1/2 c ww flour)
1 t vanilla
1 t baking soda
1 t salt (I omitted)
1 cup chocolate chips
2-4 T brewer's yeast (i used 3T for first batch)

Preheat oven 350
mix flaxseed & water. Let sit 3-5 min
Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar
Add flaxseed, vanilla & beat well
Stift flour, brewere's yeast, baking soda & salt
Add dry ingredients to butter mix
stir in oats & chips
scoop onto bakind dish
bake 11 minutes
let set for couple min's then remove from tray

makes 4.5 dozen

Hi LIsa, Here is a little overview of John's condition, it is the piece we sent to everyone when he was diagnosed. I love answering questions, never hesitate to ask.
LOL about choc chips falling out of the freeezer! I do the same thing. I also have this naught box of JujyFruits that keeps emptying into my belly over the course of the week. Yay on the sleep!!!!!!
John Michael Orr was born on Friday, December 11 at 12:01pm. He was 7 lbs 6.5 oz. and 20 in. long at birth.

We can’t express enough how much we appreciate the congratulatory emails and voice messages. We are very fortunate to have such great people in our lives. We are writing you tonight to update you on John.

Please understand that we are using this method of communication very selfishly, as we would prefer not to explain this situation over and over again – it’s tough enough to explain once. John has been diagnosed with severe hemophilia A. Hemophilia A is a disease where a protein (factor VIII) deficiency exists that is critical to the blood coagulation process. John has the “severe” version because his blood contains less than 1% of factor VIII. It is commonly thought that hemophilia is a hereditary disorder; however, a genetic mutation occurs in about 50% of the cases. Considering that Christine and I don’t have evidence of hemophilia in our family tree, our hematology and genetics counseling group believe that a genetic mutation must have occurred. We are extremely fortunate to have one of the best hematology centers in the US located about 3 miles from our house at Stanford Hospital.

While this news initially dealt us a heavy blow, we are optimistic after having numerous conversations with the experts. Please be patient with us as many challenges lie ahead, and we are a little overwhelmed. There are a few things that we learned today that we feel are worth sharing with you:

• Severe Hemophilia A is not life threatening as long as it is treated properly.
• Other than this diagnosis, his vitals are fantastic. He also eats like a horse and poops like a man.
• Proactive treatments (prophylaxis) are available that will help his blood clot like normal.
• He won’t be able to become the next running back for the New Orleans Saints; however, he will still be able to participate in many sports.
• We believe he will be coming home tomorrow afternoon – HOORAY!!

Please do not take it personally if we would prefer not to discuss further at this time. If you would like to learn more about hemophilia, we’ve included a website for your reference: Hemophilia A. There is a lot of borderline inaccurate information/CRAP on the web, so please choose your websites wisely.

Thank you for all your love and support.

Christine, James, Jimmy and John Orr

Hi Susan- Have a great trip, w will miss you, but I will not feel so bad about dessert now!
Mel- You need sleep! I have burnign eyes and I am grouchy. How on earlth do y ou do it? Hope that you are makign lots and lots of milk! As for Chalean, you should preview them, they vary in each phase... The first phase, Burn I think, is really my favorite.
Jen- I SWEAR by the probiotics. On days I forget them, John does not sleep well. I am glad that they worked out for you. Hope you have a great day.
Sorry to be short, I will get back to you all later. I have a squirmy baby in my arms... But wanted you all to know that I checked on you first thing! Happy day to the mommies, on Melanie's lactation consultant's recommendsation, beers for all!

Lisa- So, after re-reading that blurb, I realize it is not too helpful, we have learned a lot since then. John cannot clot blood, meaning any cut or bruise can be life threatening, so, we have to inject him with Factor VIII anytime there is a bleed or bruise. He also spontaneously bleeds into his joints causing severe artritis, and can be crippling. BBL he is screaming,

Christine~ I got factors Vii & Viii at delivery of my girls b/c my platelets were so darn low & I wasn't responding with all those bags of platelets & blood they were giving me. Amazing stuff. I"m so grateful for it. When is your race? Will you be raising $ for your run. Let me know, I want to contribute! You are such a great mommy!!!

Beers for all of us & our wonderful momminess. Is that a word? mommi-ness. LOL Yes, I am sleep deprived! GFW puts me at 6 hrs/night as my average sleep. Whew. Maybe tonight? lol

Good morning ladies,

Let me see if i can remember everything...

So, I have been SUPER tired this week, we went to the wedding on Thursday and it was great but the ceremony was delayed 1.5 hrs, the pastor picked his car up at the shop and he couldn't drive any faster than 20mph so he had to drive back at pick his wife's car. He is REALLY punctual all the time so he was super embarrased. Then, of course I had to eat cake. That was a bad day for me, I was craving Panda Express then ate at the wedding and ate cake too URGG.. I have no excuse and slap me if I complain about not losing weight. I did get my workout in before the wedding though

I finished Burn phase of CLX and gained some strenght but haven't lost a lot of weight about 2.5 lbs) but one again I did not followed the eating plan. Trying to stay motivated, I'm not the best following any rotations.

Melanie, all strenght workouts in CLX are splits. you work yur legs in every single one along with 1-2 upper body parts. Thanks for the lactation cookies recipe. I'm up for Anything sweet!

Christine, how did the app. go? I really admire your strengh. We all go thru hard times and feel down from time to time. The important thing is not to stay that way for too long. Working out, spending time with family and reading these post everyday help a lot. I am happy to count with you all and you know that we are here for you as well. ohhh, I missing some info here, probiotics to make baby sleep all night???? hmmm, more info please

Jen, don't you love those rest days? They really help me to keep myself on track. WOW you made it back to your pre preggo weight and even went down another pound! tha'ts excellent, congrats on getting compliments, there are all well deserved!

Lisa, congrats on being promoted. Hey, any discount is good! I love shooping at Macys but I haven't bought anything lately. I just got the Victorias Secret catalog and I'm tempted to buy some pants but I still have around 8 more pounds that I want to loose. Oh well, just part of it all

Susan, make the most out of your trip and enjoyyyyy.

Allison, you do like to cook ah? I bought my first crockpot last night and I'm making brisket for the very first time in my life. I was never into slow cook things for hrs but that taste is unbelievable so I am now. We have the Bible study at our pad tonight so I'll be serving at the end.

Well, off to clean the house. I think I'm going to do a long cardio workout today. Not sure what, need a breal from Clx anyways

BBL

LOL. Things slow down here soooooo much on weekends. Amazing!

So.....I did Jillian's 30 day shred stage 3 today. I really like it...but i'm not a super strength type person. what i like most about it is taht it's super fast paced & she combines work so it's cardio....and circuits together abs too. That's all I did. I wanted to do more, but trying to have a "rest" day.

So...I took a nap! Can you believe it? DH woke up from a nap....and I said, "It's my turn". Felt nice. I hope I don't have trouble sleeping tonight now.

Protein pancakes are a hit! DH really liked them too. I made the pasta recipe you posted Christine but I changed it around a bit. I added red bell pepper, diced tomatoes and spinach, garlic, oregano, basil, pepper and used light cream cheese instaed of the other and it came out really good. So I juse used it as a base recipe.

Been busy today. Went and visited with grandma for a few hours, came home and took a 20 min nap and then took James to the flag football game. He managed to barf on everyone that held him at least once. Must've been all the passing around from girl to girl. He loved the crowd and the music and just bounced on my leg the whole time! He's definitely a party animal! :p

Completed Disc 8 STS Meso 1. Still loving it. I really am noticing a difference in my arms and in my endurance so far. I can't wait for Meso's 2 and 3 to really put on some muscle! Tacked on Kelly Coffey Meyer's ab workout from Step Boxing after. Was pretty simple and straightforward. I haven't done abs in awhile so it was what I needed.

Mel- Good for you for gettin in a nap! I hope you can sleep tonight. Your cookies sound so good. Ever since I started this sugar detox, I am craving baked goods. But was I before it? NOOO! Of course not! Go figure..... OOOhh! And a beer sounds good too. Will light beer work for your supply? I always heard it was dark beer but that has too many calories and tastes yucky.

Hi Priscila! At least you got in a workout before the wedding. I woulda just said "Forget it" and splurged the whole day without a workout. 2.5 pounds is great! Don't get discouraged. You will get there! How is Daniel sleeping? Oh we started using probiotics with James for his belly. He would wake up screaming either at night or from a nap but he was obviously still very tired. His poop was pasty so Christine recommended probiotics. I give it to him in his last bottle of the night and I don't know if it is the reason why but he has been sleeping through the night again the last two nights. His belly hasn't seemed to have bothered him the last two days/nights either.

Christine- You are such a strong person and wonderful mom! You have so much grace when it comes to John's condition and are never "whiny" about it. I really look up to you and all that you will have to do for him to give him a good life. Oh, I was driving through this neighborhood today and there were double wide trailers in the wooded part and all of a sudden I thought of your DH's comment about the "plate crashing into the forest" and giggled. :D

Awwww. I'm sorry! I shouldn't have posted the lacation cookie receipe while ya'll are detoxing. Oops. I"m sorry! :eek: I ate 4 or 5 of them today. I think my milk supply is finally going up....I'm not sure if it's the cookies, or a combo of all the things I"m doing.

Crabby girls....BBL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.