Finally got my own place!

divagirl

Cathlete
I finally moved into my new apartment...on my own...and I am LOVING it. I don't think I could be happier right now. The movers said to me yesterday "Boy, you really like to work out huh?" As they are carrying all my dumbbells, barbells, steppers, etc. Haha...gotta love Cathe!

Diva

Some people are afraid to live on their own. They get lonely or simply just don't embrace the idea of being independent. I LOVED it! It was hard at first, but after a year or two, I just LOVED being on my own with no one holding me down. I felt like a "grownup"! And that's what it's all about. I don't think anyone can really call themselves a grownup until they've embraced being alone and on their own. I don't know if that makes sense, but maybe the following example will give some idea of what I mean: Think about that woman who went right from living with the parents, to living in a dorm with a roommate, to living with a roommate after college, to getting engaged and living with her fiance, then her husband, then one day finding herself divorced at 30 and moving to an apartment where she'll live all by herself for the very first time. Up until then, she's always had someone else around - someone else she could lean on. Now, all of a sudden, she has to lean on herself. This is when the real character-building experience begins. This is where the grownup emerges. Some people go through their whole lives without ever finding this - my mom, for example. She's never learned, although she's had ample opportunity. So, congratulations to you for getting your own place and loving it! Woo-hoo! It's liberating, isn't it?!? :7

Congrats to you -- this is the BEST time of your life! I got my own apartment when I was 19 and lived alone for three years (basically all of college) and it was SO GREAT! I think it is something that everyone should do at some point. You are going to love it! I love my boyfriend (ahem, fiance, excuse me) and son, but I am almost envious!

Congratulations!! You're going to love it! I lived alone for a long time after I graduated from nursing school and I can't say enough about what a great experinece it was. I grew so much as a person -- I can't even really explain it, but you learn what you're made of when you're out on your own, taking full responsibility for your life and all it entails. Good for you!! I'll drink a toast to your new place ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.