Feedback on Ryka Transition

KC5689

Cathlete
Does anyone have feedback on these shoes? Specifically if they give you enough support for all of Cathe's high impact workouts. I've read some reviews about them not having enough lateral support. I have the Synergy shoes and like those but saw these on amazon and am thinking of getting them.
KC

I always wear ryka shoes

I don't have the transition, but I have fouind Ryke to be the best studio shoes.

I bought 2 pairs, based on the reviews of several others on another post here in the Open Discussion. 1 of the pairs arrived today and my verdict...I LOVE THEM! Some said they had problems w the arches being/feeling too high, but I'm not having a problem at all. I'm a runner, and worry about lateral movement while doing cross training, but these held up really well for step this afternoon. This is my first-ever pair of Rykas, and I'm pleasantly surprised!!! HTH

I think the thread that Jann directed you to is talking about the transpires, not the transitions. I have both and really like the transpires way better than the transitions. Not sure exactly why, but they seem to have more support.
Paula

I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. Well, I ordered them so I guess I'll see how they feel when I get them. Should have bought the transpires but I really wanted a white she and when I saw Cathe had them on in LIC and a few other workouts from LIS I figured they had good support.

the Transitions would be good for weight training I think. I got them, too and they don't have lateral support, and no arch support either, so i will put my own in. The toe box seems smaller, too, and my toes might get squished if my feel swell up during cardio. i don't plan to do any cardio with these.

I ordered the transpires(haven't got them yet), but, I think they will be good for cardio and lateral movement, and look like they have a wider toe box(I hope!).
I'm glad, for myself they have the high arch support.

I think the thread that Jann directed you to is talking about the transpires, not the transitions. I have both and really like the transpires way better than the transitions. Not sure exactly why, but they seem to have more support.
Paula
oops - sorry :eek:

llp said:
the Transitions would be good for weight training I think. I got them, too and they don't have lateral support, and no arch support either, so i will put my own in. The toe box seems smaller, too, and my toes might get squished if my feel swell up during cardio. i don't plan to do any cardio with these.

I ordered the transpires(haven't got them yet), but, I think they will be good for cardio and lateral movement, and look like they have a wider toe box(I hope!).
I'm glad, for myself they have the high arch support.

I agree completely! My complaint are toe box too narrow & lack of arch support.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.