February 2023 rotation

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
It’s February, Cathletes, and since you’re all my special Valentines, we’ll celebrate this month with heart healthy cardio and total body strength! Workouts throughout the month will vary in length and intensity for a perfect mix of everything that makes our hearts happy and keeps our muscles guessing! Stay hydrated, get plenty of sleep, and take extra days off if your body is asking for them! Get ready, get set, GO!

Week 1
M …STS Total Body
T … Cardio Party
W…BootCamp Circuit
T…Perfect HiiT High Impact
F …OFF
S …PHA
S …Cycle Sweat or cardio of choice

Week 2
M …Athletic Training
T …All Out Low Impact HiiT
W …High Reps
T …Cardio Core Circuit
F ...OFF
S …PHA 2
S…Ride or cardio of choice

Week 3
M …4DS BootCamp
T …Cardio Supersets
W …Supersets
T …Plyo HiiT One
F …OFF
S …PHA 3
S …Pedal Power or cardio of choice

Week 4
M …Tabatacise
T …Total Body Giant Sets
W …Perfect HiiT Low Impact
T …S&S BootCamp
F …OFF
S …Muscle Max
S …Cycle Max or cardio of choice

I love doing the rotations and look to them each month. But with so many different workouts to choose from, why are there so many used over and over again? There's hardly any from fit split and so many others, but we see the same ones pop up month after month. I know they are GREAT workouts, but I want the structure of the rotations but with more variety month to month. All that being said - I love Cathe and her team and am grateful for all they provide! Thank you!

I know that consistently doing a workout over time has given me a checkpoint for my progress.

Hard to make everyone happy all the time and I appreciate the fact that one is provided every month. This particular rotation spans a couple of decades in workouts. I have learned a lot just from analyzing her rotations.

I also find it pretty easy to use her rotations as a framework and substitute in another workout. Especially if it's one I don't have or choose to do.

I think if you posted asking for a suggestion for a substitute workout you'd get plenty of options. I also look to the hundreds of rotations she's already provided for options if I am looking for something else.

Last edited:
I know that consistently doing a workout over time has given me a checkpoint for my progress.

Hard to make everyone happy all the time and I appreciate the fact that one is provided every month. This particular rotation spans a couple of decades in workouts. I have learned a lot just from analyzing her rotations.

I also find it pretty easy to use her rotations as a framework and substitute in another workout. Especially if it's one I don't have or choose to do.

I think if you posted asking for a suggestion for a substitute workout you'd get plenty of options. I also look to the hundreds of rotations she's already provided for options if I am looking for something else.
What she said!

Sometimes I think Cathe should just post a framework; i.e.
Monday: Total body; Tuesday SS cardio; Wed: Bootcamp; Thursday: PHA. Fri: HiiT. Sat: another Total Body, etc. Maybe give a suggestion of a particular dvd. I always appreciate that "or cardio of your choice". I also usually use the posted rotation as a framework & plug& play different but similar workouts, sometimes even a LIVE. If you've been with Cathe for awhile, this is easy. And I agree that Cathe has posted so many rotations over the years, it's interesting to study them & do something different to meet current goals/needs. Cathe almost always states the focus for the month to help in selecting a past rotation.

I do not disagree, but that isn't my point. I'm very type A, and I forget about other workouts that seem to never get included. That is why I look to these rotations in the first place.

I wish there was a program that could automatically generate rotations.

now that my know seems to be behaving again, I’m just now discovering what gems Cathe’s older workouts are. I’m doing a second week of the Intensity series and will include Muscle Endurance, Boot Camp and Imax2. Then I’m planning to move on to a week or 2 of the Body Blast series. I think we all have a good problem. Too many good workouts and sometimes it can be really hard to completely settle on a rotation for the week. Now on Sunday after lunch I go and plan my workouts for the week using random rotations that I screenshot on my phone. I even get my barbell and steps ready and today did notes on the weights for muscle endurance and boot camp.

ive enjoyed doing various rotations each week versus doing the workouts that Cathe recommends for a particular month. It’s fun because each week might revolve around slow and heavy, Xtrain, hardcore series or the intensity series now.

I wish there was a program that could automatically generate rotations.

now that my know seems to be behaving again, I’m just now discovering what gems Cathe’s older workouts are. I’m doing a second week of the Intensity series and will include Muscle Endurance, Boot Camp and Imax2. Then I’m planning to move on to a week or 2 of the Body Blast series. I think we all have a good problem. Too many good workouts and sometimes it can be really hard to completely settle on a rotation for the week. Now on Sunday after lunch I go and plan my workouts for the week using random rotations that I screenshot on my phone. I even get my barbell and steps ready and today did notes on the weights for muscle endurance and boot camp.

ive enjoyed doing various rotations each week versus doing the workouts that Cathe recommends for a particular month. It’s fun because each week might revolve around slow and heavy, Xtrain, hardcore series or the intensity series now.
Last October & November I took the trip down memory lane with older workouts too .... it was fun! This month I'm doing the "splits": Body Blast Timesaver, CTX, FitSplit, & 4DaySplit. & you're right, they do take you back in more ways than one. Of course, for me, I often modify the higher impact stuff now, but they're still doable & fun! Always seems good to shake things up a bit ... I'm so looking forward to STS 2.0!

Today I did Athletic Training and I have to say this is such a great workout!!! One of the things I like about this workout is the different equipment we use and how it gets my heart rate up. Also last week’s ICE-BOOTCAMP CIRCUIT.

I do not disagree, but that isn't my point. I'm very type A, and I forget about other workouts that seem to never get included. That is why I look to these rotations in the first place.

Post a thread requesting alternatives for the ones you are needing ...I'm sure some of us have ideas. Love talking about rotations! :⁠-⁠)

Xtrain is so varied ... and the undulating weight workouts (the 3-month rotation) have given me the best improvements in upper body strength - more so than the original STS. I'm hoping STS 2.0 will also provide noticeable improvements in a 3-month rotation. I suppose a consistent approach is most important.

The ICE series is no joke. I was hesitant to purchase it because I equated "Intermediate" with "Easy". I was seriously wrong. Several times last year, I did one of those advanced rotations with ICE where you do the ICE workout, plus the Blizzard Blast and the Muscle Meltdown add-ons. I think the most demanding was the Metabolic Total Body + Blizzard Blast + Chest, the Boot Camp Circuit + Blizzard Blast + Biceps and Chiseled Lower Body Blast + Blizzard Blast. I chose to do the Shoulders meltdown as part of the To The Mat: Legs & Glutes. I love the part in that workout where Cathe uses a larger dumbbell as a prop for glute raises and says you can even use a phonebook! I can't think of the last time I've even seen a phonebook!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.