Favorite rotation ever?

Candiceena

Cathlete
Hi everyone!!

Thought we could get a good tread going about your favorite rotations you've done. Can be Cathe or someone else :) with summer here or around the corner (depending on where you live!) I'd love to get some suggestions for planning the rest of the year out!!

Rock Bottoms - definitely saw amazing results with this rotation. It was the hardest one I've ever done though. My husband gave me a congratulations card after I finished it!

I agree with the two previous posts. I also thought the January 2014 rotation was great. Got some great upper body (especially shoulder) definition with that one. But over the years there have been so many great ones, can't remember them all. Thanks for asking.

I loved the XTrain/LIS rotation! I definitely intend to do another Xtrain rotation someday. STS is another of my favorites.

I also really loved the January 2014 rotation. It was awesome, and I felt great afterwards. It also helped me with the concept of where to fit in metabolic workouts.

I am currently in the middle of the STS 3.5 month rotation and it is truly exceptional.

I liked June 04 New Series Advanced. HSTA done so many times made my legs look fantastic. I also liked Aug 05 Boot Camp.. what a challenge that rotation was...5:00 a.m. fiesta anyone?

First, the October 2009 STS undulating rotation. I've done the full STS rotation multiple times, but I love this rotation because each week of the rotation follows a different mesocycle, so you get to experience all that STS has to offer but in 1 month, as opposed to the longer 3 or 6 month rotations.

Second, the January 2014 rotation. I really saw noticeable change with this rotation, most especially on the chest exercises (hello Gym Style's endless push-ups!) and the biceps exercises. I admit I had serious dread factor going into this rotation because lifting heavy is not my favorite, but it turned out to be lots of fun and I will definitely do this rotation again in the future.

So glad everyone is putting in their votes for the January 2014 rotation! I'm one week into it, and so far it's amazing! I really missed Gym Style - haven't done it in years.
I'm just now getting into rotations, so I don't really have a favorite yet. I eventually want to make up my own using mainly Cathe workouts, and mixing in kettlebells and barre - a little bit of everything! If any of you know of one like that I'd love to take a look :)

I loved "Rock bottoms"!! I had to split up the workouts a few times because I simply didn't have the time in the morning to do it all. But I absolutely felt it and SAW the results! Excellent rotation!

tlc - I really want to try Rock Bottoms...SOME DAY!! hehehe. I'm actually planning myself out a 1-year rotation schedule (doing a couple of different rotations but want to plan out the next year). Mainly I want to get some good use out of the systems I already have (LIS, XTrain, plus I also have CF, TTM, and Stretch Max which i LOOOOVE!). I think I am going to go on a buying spree this time next year. I will also hopefully have a house and yard by that time - then I can embrace the 300 walking lunges!! :)

Favorite or best?

Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis Omni - I used a rebounder for the dance cardio portion, most used single workout, I'm still amazed I didn't tire of that over three months. Lost weight, ate better, and the thing that I really liked was my core strength & balance were best during this 3 months. I think instead of talking about it I should go back to it for those reasons alone. I like her, she's no nonsense about what works for you, and that it will work.

P90X - original classic program I did 8-10 weeks combined with running. It was tough to combine the two. I thought the program was very good & balanced, although if I did it again with running I would opt for every other day or just 2-3 days per week P90X, alternating with running.

Interestingly, if I hadn't done so many Cathe rotations I might not have been able to do either of those rotations, I'm positive all my Cathe rotations built up my cardio endurance & strength from absolute beginner to an almost advanced level. Nothing to sneeze at, at age 50.

My favorite rotations, looking back are the ones balanced with cardio & weights, equally through the week. Okay, maybe a little more cardio. ;)

I liked June 04 New Series Advanced. HSTA done so many times made my legs look fantastic. I also liked Aug 05 Boot Camp.. what a challenge that rotation was...5:00 a.m. fiesta anyone?

AMEN, Sista! Still have this one in my binder, and starting June 1st! Do this EVERY June...OMGOODNESS! 10 YEARS?

Step Blast series my fav-still do
also,I don't remember what it's called but it has bootcamp twice-another rock bottom from a long time ago.I would like to do it again.Maybe someone knows?

Laura

Step Blast series my fav-still do
also,I don't remember what it's called but it has bootcamp twice-another rock bottom from a long time ago.I would like to do it again.Maybe someone knows?

Laura

http://cathe.com/forum/f100/august-05-rotation-boot-camp-236048/

Double Bootcamp was in the above: one of my all time favorites...aka "Sweat and Tears". Someone already mentioned the 0500 fitness fiesta from that one.
I also have a fondness for Dec '03 Body Blast rotation because it was the first rotation I ever did with the first series I ever purchased. It was a plateau buster for me.

Most recently I just completed the XTrain 90 day undulating rotation and the results were great; it pushed me to a whole new level.

Julie

I really like the XTrain 30 day with Ride. I have done that one several times. I love the variety with weights and cardio. Some of the days are shorter than others and I find that a great motivator.

I also love the STS 3.5 month with the cardio options. I do sub in some of the more current cardio, though.

http://cathe.com/forum/f100/august-05-rotation-boot-camp-236048/ Double Bootcamp was in the above: one of my all time favorites...aka "Sweat and Tears". Someone already mentioned the 0500 fitness fiesta from that one. I also have a fondness for Dec '03 Body Blast rotation because it was the first rotation I ever did with the first series I ever purchased. It was a plateau buster for me. Most recently I just completed the XTrain 90 day undulating rotation and the results were great; it pushed me to a whole new level. Julie

Oh my God!! Really?? Ouch!! How was this rotation even done? 400 any things I'd lose count of!! Boot camp once is hard but two times? ! Holy cow! What kind of results did did get with this? Was you a walking zombie? How did you tackle this? Pointers? I'd love to tackle and win a hard rotation like this! But it is hard to stick to one but then I end up seems like something always happens to detail me, feet, PF if it is a hard one. Or sometimes just if it ant a hard one just distractions in life and I end up having to do some other workout that isn't as long grr I know any workout is better then none. But I want to pick a rotation and actually find a beast of one start it and finish it!! I hate no finishing one grr

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.