Favorite Halloween Treats

elsie3

Cathlete
Cathe started it with her candy corn thread.;)

My favorites are as follows:

Sugar cookies (sans frosting--hate frosting):p
Cinnamon or toffee nuts
Tootsie rolls
Halloween pretzels

And since I can't leave any of the above alone if I get started, I substitute dark chocolate or raw nuts and feel "Treated" but not "Tricked." Well, I try.:confused:

When I ate Halloween candy, I loved popcorn balls, caramel apples, candy corn, and tootsie rolls.

Now that I am really trying to watch what I eat and not eat anything with artificial ingredients, I don't eat any of those anymore. :(

I do miss it sometimes and try to remember what they tasted like!

I guess I could always make homemade popcorn balls and caramel apples but that seems like work, work!!

I pretty much only like the mini chocolate bars. I don't think i've ever eaten "candy corn". It doesn't look appealing to me at all.

Halloween style chocolate bars = Mounds

Sugary stuff, pretty much all sour and chewy stuff like sour patch kids, swedish fish, dots, etc.

Oh you HAD to post this. I could go on forever on this one. BUT every year, I look forward to:

1.) Candy Corn mixed with dry roasted peanuts ( heaven )

2.) Fun Size Butter Fingers

3.) Those Nugat candies with the peanut butter in the middle ( usually wrapped in black & orange papers. ) Total classic there.

I admit to eating quite a bit of candy during The Halloween month, but I also make sure to step it up on the work outs too. I just cant pass it up ! hey,,this stuff isn't just for kids ya know !

Morgs

Usually my favorites are candy corn and Tootsie Rolls. But this year I have PMS, so all of it is my favorite. :p

My previous statement about chocolate still stands but...

I actually discovered ATOMIC FIRE BALLS a couple years ago because the bag of assorted candy that my DH brought home to give out to the kids had these in there. I tried one and have been hooked ever since! I even took them all out of the bag that year and kept them for myself! How bad is that!? :p Thankfully they are not the easiest candy to find year around by me for some reason. When I get a bag I am tend to be obsessed with it so the fact that it's hard to find is a blessing in disguise. They are soooo good! :D

I love the Halloween M&Ms. The candy tastes the same, but I find them to be more enjoyable to eat because the colors are festive and seasonal!

Reeses peanut butter cups- don't keep them in the house due to DS's peanut allergies!! LOVE, LOVE LOVE ANYTHING dark chocolate ESPECIALLY Reeses dark choc....candy corn! of course but in VERY small doses- not used to shugar. Jolly Ranchers. Popcorn balls!

Delicious topic!
Pam

I once had a homemade chocolate covered toffee (over 10 years ago), that was quite possibly the best thing I have ever eaten in the candy category. The taste of that stuff will never leave me. This woman at work would make it only once a year during the holidays, it was beyond fantastic.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.