favorite frozen meal

saralh

Cathlete
Hey guys! Well, I have been in anti-cook mode lately, and need some help in finding some tasty yet nutritious frozen dinners. I like Lean Cuisines and Amy's organic meals a lot. I heat them up and add steamed veggies to round out the meal and add fiber. Has anybody found a meal they just LOVE? My current fave is Amy's new Tamale Pie. It's soooo good and high in protein and fiber. Any suggestions are welcome! Has anyone tried the Lean Cuisine Dinnertime Selections? Thanks for the help!
Healthy Regards, Sara Herzig

My favorites are WW's pizza and Lean Cuisine pork, carrots and potatoes (dont know the official name).

Stacy

Does noone else eat frozen meals??? For a while I got so sick of making my and my husband's lunch that I ate these for everyday for a few months.

One good thing is you know exactly how many calories you are getting--well,provided you believe them. In fact, I even wrote to Uncle Ben's because I thought the protein content seemed high for the amount of meat I actually saw. They thanked me for my concern and sent coupons.

Will have to try the pork one mentioned. I won't eat chicken frozen meals.

I also like Lean Cuisine Swedish Meatball.

Heaven's Bistro frozen pizzas -- unbelievable!!!

They have 5 different kinds - Cheese, Grilled Veggie, Turkey Pepperoni, Chicken Sausage and BBQ Chicken.

They vary in calories from 190 to 260 per serving (1/3 of pizza) and from 1 gram of fat (grilled veggie) to 3 grams for the sausage.

They have a thick crust and are very filling. I make a huge salad and my husband and I split a pizza. Makes for a great, quick meal.

The web address is www.heavensbistro.com

It gives the location of the grocery stores that carry the pizzas.

You will not believe how good they are. They blow WW and HC pizzas right out of the oven!!! :p

Debbie Russo

I checked out the Heaven's Bistro website and they look fantastic! I'll have to try them.

Another frozen food I like is Boca burgers. I have one on an english muffin with salsa and dijon mustard for dinner at least once a week. Very satisfying and low fat too!:7

Donna

I like Healthy Choice grilled chicken and mashed potatoes. It smells gross (my friends make fun of me for eating it) and I know it's processed, but I think it's more balanced than say a donut. It's good for a light meal or snack - only 200 calories.

Debbie!

You're too funny! I checked and the closest store is Trader Joe's which is about two hours away! :-( Might have to make a trip down to Columbus some weekend with my cooler loaded with ice. The pizza's sound great.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Debbie!

Hi Debbie! I live in Columbus and just got back from Trader Joe's! They have the pizzas but only the grilled veggie one, and since I'm not big on veggies, I didnt get it. I wish I liked green peppers etc. on pizza but I just dont!

:) Stacy

Debra, how could you?!?!?!

It's 7:30 in the morning and now I'm craving pizza and there isn't a Heaven's Bistro supplier in my entire state! I'm headed to Arizona soon so I thought I'd have a shot there but the Trader Joe locations are nowhere near where I'm going to be.

I'll have to wait until the holidays when I'll be in Florida and can run up to Publix.

Sincerely...thanks for the tip on the pizza. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Shelley :)

Here are 2 recommendations from a vegetarian. In the past, I haven't had to many options, but there are more and more every day. Here's a good cheapee: Michelina's Black Bean Chili. I also enjoy Morning Star Farms Homestyle Chili and Cornbread Pot Pie. I like most of the Morning Star farms frozen items, actually. I agree, Amy's brand are good too.

Emily

Thanks, Stacy!

Thanks for the info! I love veggies on pizza. If I ever get down your way, I'll buy one of those pizzas and picked all that stuff off you don't like and we can share one! :7

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Stouffer's Stuffed Green Peppers - sodium content's a little high, but they're so good! A two-fer has only 360 calories and is fairly moderate in fat.

Annette Q. Aquajock
(Just call me "Lost In The Kitchen")

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.