Fat blasting rotation using only circuits/cardio??

rose2boys

Cathlete
I'm looking for a fat loss boost - has anyone ever used circuits(like BC, HSC, C&W) and cardio/intervals(Imax, KM, KPC, running)only for a week or 2 to lose fat? (i'd also add 10 min. abs/core to cardio)

I'm nervous about dropping strength training down to a minimal, but I feel like i need a "shock" to my body to uncover my muscle tone & drop those last few lbs.

Any opinions or suggestions??

rose2boys

Keep smiling & sweating!

Rose-

A few months back I was addicted to circuits and did a 3 week rotation with just circuits and cardio. I LOVED IT! What I did was something like this:

Mon: PLB
Tues: IMax 2
Wed: Boot Camp
Thurs: Step Blast
Fri: Cardio & Weights
Sat: PLB or Step Blast
Sun: Rest

Then I repeated it 2 more weeks, just switching out the circuits for different ones...Circuit Max, HSTA, etc. I really felt strong and saw the extra few pounds drop off.

I hope this helps.

Gayle

Thanks - this does look fun(except C&W - I can't seem to get "in" to that one, but i'll try again), but what about upper body? Did you do PLB 2x or did you mean PUB for one of those?

rose2boys

Keep smiling & sweating!

At the time I did this rotation, my upper body was 'good enough for me' so I didn't need to do just an all-upper body WO. The rest day could be PUB.

Gayle

Last week, I did C&W, Boot Camp, HST, and Circuit Max, each followed by some (moderate) Firm workout. I was (pleasantly) sore all week! I lost a few pounds and felt good all-over.

Angie,
I love your idea! I may try it. I love circuit workouts and I think combining two workouts will be a lot of fun and feel effective. I might try Cathe as you listed, and add on a WHFN instead of a Firm.

I just saw this post and wanted to post the firm/halfmarathon rotation that I am presently doing. It goes like this:

Monday: AWT
Tuesday: run or cardio of choice
Wednesday: AWT
Thursday: same at Tuesday
Friday: rest
Saturday: long run or cardio of choice
Sunday: strength training

I go heavy on the AWT days. One day, I'll focus on lower body and the next day, I focus on the upper body. So, I'm getting my sculpting in but really increasing my cardio!! LOVE it!! getting ready for a half marathon next month...I HOPE!:)

take care:)
Gloria

>I just saw this post and wanted to post the firm/halfmarathon
>rotation that I am presently doing. It goes like this:
>
>Monday: AWT
>Tuesday: run or cardio of choice
>Wednesday: AWT
>Thursday: same at Tuesday
>Friday: rest
>Saturday: long run or cardio of choice
>Sunday: strength training
>
>I go heavy on the AWT days. One day, I'll focus on lower body
>and the next day, I focus on the upper body. So, I'm getting
>my sculpting in but really increasing my cardio!! LOVE it!!
>getting ready for a half marathon next month...I HOPE!:)
>
>take care:)
>Gloria

Gloria,

Please pardon my ignorant. Could you let me know what AWT is?

Thanks
WantFit

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ddw98/my_photos

http://wantfit.blogspot.com/

I did Cathe's August Bootcamp rotation; the first two weeks are very heavy on cardio/circuit training. During September, I've been using other Cathe workouts too, but sticking to the cardio/circuit concept. I've lost 13 pounds since August 1.

Congratulations Firm Dancer! That's a great accomplishment! It was a tough rotation! Did you modify your eating significantly?

Wantfit, I believe that "AWT" stands for "aerobic workout with weights."

Gloria, I really like your rotation as well. It reminds me of the second 2 weeks of Cathe's June 2005 rotation, which is one of my favorites. Good luck with the marathon!

Angie, I did modify my eating -- but not like one would first suspect. I ended up making sure I had a decent lunch and I always ate dinner (3 oz of whole wheat spaghetti plus veges plus sometime milk or ice cream ...), otherwise I didn't have enough energy to get through the workout. I believe I ended up eating more each day than before the rotation, but on a regular schedule. And I was eating more carbs and less protein than prior to the rotation. It worked for me!

WantFit: Angie is correct. It does stand for aerobic weight training. It's kinda like cardio and sculpting type of workouts.

I got into running by being inspired by others as well. The cathe cardio workouts have done wonders for my lung compacity. Especially tapes like the IMAXs!! I hope your knee problems heal quickly and you can do this rotation.

FirmDancer: congrats on the weight loss!! woohoo!!!

take care:)
Gloria

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.