Facial moisturizer suggestions requested

nancy324

Cathlete
Okay, my winter moisturizer lasted for 3 months and I am ready to try something else. Kathy S recently suggested that I try Origins Look Alive moisturizer. I went on the Origins website to check to be sure it was the right moisturizer for me. After I answered the questions about my skin type, the website basically came back suggesting for me almost every moisturizer they make. There were so many! I was overwhelmed. I don't care what brand I buy as long as it works for me, so here are my requirements:

I have super dry skin that drinks up anything that touches it. I need a dry skin moisturizer that I can wear during the daytime, BUT my make-up must glide over it beautifully. (The problem with all the less expensive brands such as Kiss My Face is that my make-up cakes up on top of them. Yuck.)

Any suggestions? Thanks guys!:)

-Nancy

Well Nancy
Don't know if you have ever tried Mary Kay, but that is what I have used since 1995, and they have products for, oily, normal and dry skin..... hope you find what you need .............. Rhonda :7

I use L'oreal Future E. I think its wonderful. I have combonation skin. Oily in the T-zone area. So, this works great for me. I use it in the morning and at night and my face has never been smoother. They also have a great line of products for all skin types and ages. Give it a try. Also, Avon. I have used their products as well. They give you a great guide to go by depending on your age as to what will work for your skin. They have a web site with a lot of products to choose from. Great stuff....

I would try Aveda Tourmaline charged hydrating creme. I got a free 1oz container of it and have been using it for the past few weeks, because my face was so dry I thought it would crack when I was smiling. It goes on smoothly, my makeup looks just fine when I use it. And my skin looks great. It's no longer dry, yay! Plus it seems to glow more than it did. I don't look comletely dead any longer, just really pale.

Kathy

I like Nivea, Kiss My Face (I don't wear makeup) and Jason's Vitamin E Moisturizing Creme. I'm sorry I can't really give you any excellent recommendations, since I don't wear makeup, but on the rare occasions when I do, I just put it on over anything. Maybe I am just a makeup moron. Actually, I probably am.

And let me tell you personally, that the most wonderful thing I do for my skin is to put a bit of olive oil on it after my shower. It really helps it stay healthy and moist and young-looking. Plus, now I have olive skin (harharhar). Terrible joke. I do have olive skin for what it's worth.

I have severly dry skin and also VERY sensitive. Even moisturizer
labeled for sensitive skin makes it burn. I've had really great
results with Nivea Creme (night time use) and Olay Total Effects
(fragrance free) and for my really severly dry skin spots, Aquaphor.
:)

Fembot

I've been using Lancome products lately and like them. I was having the same problem with my makeup gunking up. I started putting on the moisturizer then waiting about 10 minutes for it to sink in before putting on my makeup. That seems to have solved it!

Hi Nancy,

My favorite facial moisturizer is by Mario Badescu. They have a great online consulting page. Just fill out the "Consulting" tab page and answer the questions and you will get free samples in the mail. These products are really the best I've tried. They keep my skin looking young and fresh. I'm 35 but people always think I'm still in my 20's. I also think the prices are very reasonable because they don't use expensive packaging, just regular plastic bottles. Another neat thing to check out is the "Clientele" tab. You'll see a list of all their celebrity clients.

Here's the link...it couldn't hurt to fill out their online consulting questionnare and try the free samples.

http://www.mariobadescu.com/

Good Luck.

I second the olive oil suggestion. Go to the DHC care web site and look around. I also use Avon Retroactive as well as MD Forte hydrating creme with my Glycolic acid creme. Nancy, I'm a junkie;-)

thanks- I got some good ideas too!! I have dry skin as well and I find it weird since I drink water all day...?????

Hi Nancy -

I have dry skin in the winter and felt like I always needed a heavier moisturizer during the colder months, while I'd have to switch to something lighter in the summer. I had the same problem with my makeup gunking up. A few months back I went to my Clinique counter and they gave me Clinique's Moisture Surge Thirsty Skin Relief. It's totally oil free, goes on like velvet and my skin absorbs it wonderfully. A minute later my skin is perfectly smooth and ready for makeup. I love it and will be using into the summer since it's oil free and that's what I use in warm weather.

Anyway - good luck!
Liz

Hi Nancy!

I've tried them all, but keep going back to Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisture Lotion (you know, the yellow lotion in the square boxy container that they give away free with gift w/purchase?) Anyhow, it's unscented and seems to do the trick for my getting-drier-by-the-minute skin.

Kathy02-
Aveda is the one I just finished. It was good, but I can't believe how fast I went through it. For the price, I would have expected it to last longer than 3 months. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

Okay Dani! I filled out the questionnaire and sent it in! :)

Wow! Do you really think all of those celebrities use the products?? Sara Jessica Parker, Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox, Charlize Thereon AND Gwenyth Paltrow?? Just to name a few. Sounds like pretty much everyone in Hollywood....

>Okay Dani! I filled out the questionnaire and sent it in!
>:)
>
>
>Wow! Do you really think all of those celebrities use the
>products?? Sara Jessica Parker, Jennifer Aniston, Courtney
>Cox, Charlize Thereon AND Gwenyth Paltrow?? Just to name a
>few. Sounds like pretty much everyone in Hollywood....

Yep, I really think they all use those products! I think whenever they're in New York they stop in and get facials there. It's the only place they have a Mario Badescu spa. Even Martha Stewart!!! :)

Another neat place I wanted to mention is www.reflect.com. I heard about them from someone who said her aesthestician recommended it to her. They will custom make your products which is kind of cool..from skin care products, to make-up to shampoo and conditioner. It's neat but a little pricey. I wanted to try it out so I had some eye cream and some concealer custom made for me. I must say I was pretty impressed. The container says "Danielle's Eye Cream", and "Danielle's Concealer". I couldn't believe how perfect they were for me. The concealer was exactly the right shade and I use the eye cream during the day and still use Mario's overnight eye cream, moisturizer, cleanser, toner etc.

Dani-
Do I need to go there? The Badescu studio is only 2 subway stops from my office. Here I go again. Like I need to go get a facial at the same place Jennifer Aniston goes. But still..... I love beauty makeover stuff.

I always have the tendency to go a little crazy around this birthday time of year. Last year I went to see a nutritionist, but that was pretty sensible. Is a facial and new face products sensible??? Sounds expensive, and at my age maybe I should be saving more for retirement? I'm losing my perspective.

-Nancy

>Dani-
>Do I need to go there? The Badescu studio is only 2 subway
>stops from my office. Here I go again. Like I need to go get
>a facial at the same place Jennifer Aniston goes. But
>still..... I love beauty makeover stuff.
>
>I always have the tendency to go a little crazy around this
>birthday time of year. Last year I went to see a
>nutritionist, but that was pretty sensible. Is a facial and
>new face products sensible??? Sounds expensive, and at my age
>maybe I should be saving more for retirement? I'm losing my
>perspective.
>
>-Nancy

Nancy! http://www.weddingchat.com/images/smilies/yesyes.gif Definitely go. You are so lucky! If I were that close to the Mario spa I would be there in a heartbeat! Especially since it's around your birthday. We only live once and we all deserve a little pampering!! http://www.weddingchat.com/images/smilies/supergrin.gif

Oh, and if you do go, please give me details! http://www.weddingchat.com/images/smilies/coolcool.gif

hey, Danielle!

I went to the Reflect website and had to make myself leave...I was amazed with the whole process, especially the sensory part - chiffon, satin or velvet! Anyway, I'm thinking about going back to purchase something to try it out...my DH is gonna shoot me!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.