Everyone: What is your favorite cereal or breakfast?

Rockael

Cathlete
I like Cocoa Wheats, you cook them, I grew up on them. (Indiana)
Also Quaker Puffed Rice.
What gives you the most energy?
I have been trying lot's of healthy cereals lately.
Cascadian Farms: Great Measure cereal
Uncle Sam with flax.
Just to name a couple.
Rocky

RE: Everyone: What is your favorite cereal or breakfast...

I workout first thing in the a.m. so I have 2 breakfasts...the first one is a banana and a cup of black coffee. Post workout it's a serving of steel cut oats generously sprinkled with ground flax seed, topped with a single serving of fruit yogurt, looks yukky, tastes yummy. I'm just toying with the idea of adding some whey powder in there for a post workout protein boost.

Take Care
Laurie:)

I like oatmeal w/ Lean Dessert protein - cinnamon roll in it.

Also, I like Harvest Wheat by Kashi.

Shhh, don't tell, but I also like Lucky Charms.

Clarissa

Quaker Oatmeal Squares - yum! And very filling. :)

If I want an extra special breakfast treat, I LOVE Peanut Butter Puffins (Barbara's Bakery). Sooooooo good! :9

I also like Cascadian Farms Honey Nut O's (like Honey Nut Cheerios, but a bit less sugary). And Kashi Go Lean Crunch Honey Almond Flax (or something along that line - I can't remember the exact name). All very tasty!

Oatmeal with BSN banana nut powder, ground flax seed, wheat bran, and a sprinkling of walnuts. Heaven.

Most any Kashi cereal with banana and / or strawberries.

Stepping outside the "clean" zone:

Egg McMuffin!

Diner breakfast - 2 eggs sunny side up, hash browns, canadian bacon.

Everything served with steaming cup of coffee.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm breakfast. :9

Most days I will have scrambled egg whites with cheese and a slice of whole wheat toast.

My dream breakfast is eggs in a basket, hash browns and bacon. I also love donuts!!!:9

I don't eat cereal that often because I haven't found a healthy kind that I like. Now the bad stuff...Cocoa Pebbles or Frosted Flakes.

Kashi 7 Whole Grain Flakes
Nature's Path Organic Flax Plus Multibran Cereal
and
Nature's Path Millet Rice

Mix em' all together . . . Love the crunch factor

I had a bowl of bran flakes this morning and it was surprisingly pretty tasty!

I usually eat left overs out of the fridge for breakfast lately. Cold stuff just doesn't appeal to me.

I LOVE apple fritters on occasion though! :9 :9 :9

Mary

My all time fave unclean breakfast is a grilled porkroll and cheese sandwich! HEAVEN! I eat these once or twice a year now!:p

I am a fan of diner breakfasts all around though..pancakes, french toast or a belgian waffle smeared with butter and syrup with some savory meat on the side is heaven for me as well.

I am not into eggs at all though. BLECH!

On a daily basis when adhering to the healthier lifestyle I usually will eat any of the following cereals alone or mixed together:

Kashi 7 wholegrain flakes
Kashi Good Friends Fiber
Kashi Autumn wheat
Fiber One
Cheerios

just to name a few.

I also like Kashi frozen waffles with a little natural p/b spread on them on ocassion or w/w toast with p/b on it.

I always keep oatmeal on hand. It's okay but not one of my faves.

I love p/b and banana so I have been known to eat that in the morning as well though it's USUALLY a snack more often then not.

OOH Breakfast, let me play!!
I could eat breakfast for every meal!

Kashi GoLean Crunch is the hands-down winner. With a banana.
My second choice is 1 scrambled egg, 3 whites, fresh bell peppers, and about a cup of salsa on top!
There is this 9-grain bread that I get from a local place that is wonderful.
I could eat fruit all day long.

Now for what I WISH I could eat:
I'm with Clarissa on LuckyCharms. cocoa puffs too. count Chocula. I actually haven't had a sugar cereal in soooo long but man, would it be good! Don't forget fruity Pebbles!

I love my homemade pancakes. And I LOVE to make a huge breakfast every Sat. AM for DH and DDs but I always end up eating my Kashi alongside them. Bummer.

PS - Nice to see you, Rocky! Miss checking in with you!

Fav cereal:
Kashi GoLean and sometimes just a sprinkle of GoLean Crunch on top.

Fav breakfast:
Power oatmeal (1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal cooked, then I add 1/2 scoop BSN lean dessert cinnamon roll powder, 1 T. flax, 1 T. wheat germ, 1 T. Naturally More PB, and 1/4- 1/2 cup cottage cheese) It keeps me full ALL morning and starts my day off right!!

Once in a while I'll make a healthy McMuffin: Light Multigrain English muffin w/ egg whites, RF cheese, & ham.

Or if I go out to eat I'll usually get an egg white omelet w/ lots of veggies & protein.

Hi Kate, Congrats on a baby, October, the best month.
Good to hear from you..:)
I will look for all these cereals,breads too.
And those pancakes sound to good to be true. yummy yum yum. :9
I feel like cereal has been giving me more energy.
Shredded Wheat and bran is also a fav.
And Anything cooked.

Jess, Where in Illinois do you live? I am in Caseyville. Near
O'Fallon, Belleville, Fairview Heights, Collinsville.
Just on the other side of the bridge connecting Illinois and
St. Louis Missouri.

Ah, southern IL! I'm in central IL, near Bloomington. But I know the O'Fallon area well, my brother was at the AF base near there for a while. And my bf from college is from that area also.

*waving hi* from a couple hrs away! :)

My favorite breakfast is cinnamon raisin ezekiel bread toasted with natural peanut butter and a banana. I also like the oatmeal/egg white/cottage cheese pancakes spread with PB. For cereal, I like Kashi GoLean crunch and the honey almond flax. The most critical part of my breakfast though is my decaf latte. :)

Hi Jess, Scott Airforce base.I go there for all my medical needs. We are Army, My husband works in St.Louis.
2 hours away? Are you hoping to go on a roadtrip to Cathe's?
Or have you been there?

I've gotten away from most ready-to-eat cereal, but when I have it, I like something called "Mesa Sunrise," which has corn and flax in it.

If I prepare cereal, it's usually oat bran with chopped nuts, chopped dates and soy or rice milk. Or a mix of oat bran and another grain, like teff or quinoa or millet.

I'm usually too lazy to make much breakfast, though, so I end up with a smoothie made from chocolate soy milk (or plain, unsweetened soy with added cocoa powder and agave nectar), frozen blueberries, and a handful of spinach and/or a scoop or two of Vega smoothie infusion.

.5 cup oatmeal cooked
1 whole egg mixed with .5 cup egg white scrambled
combine the two together and then add cinnamin and sugar free syrup:9 sounds gross combined together but i love it

Mmmmmmm Breakfast! My favorite meal of the day!
I like oatmeal or Wheatena or Hodgson Mill multi-grain hot cereal with soy and flax seed. I will add 1/2 scoop BSN protein powder and sometimes 1/2 c. blueberries. I make it with soy milk and to the oatmeal or Wheatena I add 1/2 T. ground flax seed and 1/2 T. wheat germ.

Gin:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.