Estimated calorie burn?

boling11

Does anyone know how many calories are burned for each Cathe video ? I'm trying to log my calories and exercise.

I use a heart rate monitor to measure my calorie burn. It's different for each person and each workout and also depends on the intensity you work at.

Me too on the heart rate monitor. I use mine each time I workout. I think it is so motivating! You can really see when you are pushing it and when you need to kick it up a bit more. Great tool.

Hello! Use the Workout Manager Cathe has online - it's free! On a calendar day, click on it and then choose from drop down menu what you are doing. It will give you estimated calorie burn. Simple as that!

I also bought a heart rate monitor which is SUPER AWESOME AND MOTIVATING! Only $50 or so thru Amazon.

Hope this helps!

I always use a HRM too. It helps me train smart, getting my HR where I want it to be, making sure it is not anaerobic too much of the time, and tracking how quickly I recover. The key to a strong heart is quick recover....Work hard ladies!

Another vote for the HRM. I've been tracking food and exercise off and on for years now.

The Workout Manager is a terrific place to start BUT I find that it overestimates my calorie burn and that has led to a somewhat frustrating lack of progress in the weight loss.

The HRM will keep you honest ;).

I have the one with the chest band....and I believe they are considered more accurate...but I don't have anything to back that up.

The band is relatively thin and I really don't notice it after I put it on - it sits under my sports bra so it just blends in to that sensory experience.

However....in the winter....there is that moment of dread because setting that monitor strap in the toasty region where it goes...that thing is COLD! :eek:!!! LOL.

story1267 said:
I have the one with the chest band....and I believe they are considered more accurate...but I don't have anything to back that up.

The band is relatively thin and I really don't notice it after I put it on - it sits under my sports bra so it just blends in to that sensory experience.

However....in the winter....there is that moment of dread because setting that monitor strap in the toasty region where it goes...that thing is COLD! :eek:!!! LOL.

I run my chest strap connectors under hot water before I put it on. :) It's nice and toasty!

I have a polar ft7 and it's starting to annoy me because it's not picking my HR up at times.. I want one without strap, any suggestions?

Have you tried replacing the battery in the strap? When the battery in the strap starts to get low it will not always read the heart rate.

I have a polar ft7 and it's starting to annoy me because it's not picking my HR up at times.. I want one without strap, any suggestions?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.