End of STS...What Next? Body Beast?

A few days off from one type of exercise is always a good idea...but I agree, fellow Catheletes are just too persuading! Maybe I should get down to the floor and knock out some clams and donkey kicks today!!!

Granted, I am not feeling my best today so I am sure that affected my strength but, man oh man, was it a challenge. For those of you that did XTrain 90 day undulating rotation, how did you select your weights your first time through? Or did you do what I did and just guess? I am hoping that the second time around I don't feel so rushed and frustrated.

Hi Christin,

Hope you find your strength very soon! You need it during this 90 undulation rotation.:):)
Feeling a little bit frustrated trying to figure out the correct weight selection starting a program is common.
When I started X-train I had a rough idea about the selection looking through my STS rep max and various
notes. Knowing X-TR is about 70-80% max and some of the exercises are the same, I figured the weight
load quite quickly.

Hope you find you way through nutrition cause this rotation is about building lean muscle mass.
There should not be any food restriction otherwise one could hit the wall and ending up defeiting the purpose
of the rotation!:eek:

HTH:):)

Elsie, I think it's horses for courses! Although I can do hiit / plyo and heavy weights, I suck at anything high rep....I won't even consider getting down on the mat to do fire hydrants and stuff like that. LOL. And at 40 -45 mins I start clock-watching....
short and intense for me!

Hahaha! I am soooo glad I am not alone in my suckiness with hi-rep stuff. I just got my ASS handed to me in XTrain Legs yesterday. Kind of literally.... It's amazing how I can lift some seriously heavy weights but give me floor work and I turn into a trembling, quivering, shaky mess!
My bootie it feeling it today, that's for sure. There is definitely something to be said for changing things up and challenging your body in new ways. I told my boyfriend that if, by the end of XTrain, I don't have the best butt I've ever had, I am going to give up. ;)

Hi Christin,

Hope you find your strength very soon! You need it during this 90 undulation rotation.:):)
Feeling a little bit frustrated trying to figure out the correct weight selection starting a program is common.
When I started X-train I had a rough idea about the selection looking through my STS rep max and various
notes. Knowing X-TR is about 70-80% max and some of the exercises are the same, I figured the weight
load quite quickly.

Hope you find you way through nutrition cause this rotation is about building lean muscle mass.
There should not be any food restriction otherwise one could hit the wall and ending up defeiting the purpose
of the rotation!:eek:

HTH:):)

Thank you! You are so right, Nathalie. I need to be a little patient with myself and just do the best I can with the first time through each workout. I overestimated my weights initially thinking "Hey, I just finished STS! I'm strong now!" Well, maybe so but not so strong that I can lift that heavy for that many reps. At least not yet! ;) I am taking good notes and hope that the next time I do the workouts things will go much more smoothly and I won't get so frustrated. And nope, no food restriction over here. I am holding steady at 1800-2100 cal per day which is more than I can remember even having eaten! I'm determined to hold on to the muscle I built through STS and just make everything as lean and strong as I can. Did you find that you added a lot of muscle during XTrain???

I am holding steady at 1800-2100 cal per day which is more than I can remember even having eaten! I'm determined to hold on to the muscle I built through STS and just make everything as lean and strong as I can. Did you find that you added a lot of muscle during XTrain???[

/QUOTE]

Definitely yes christin...Lean muscle and definition.
I love definition and just like you I love holding onto them[emoji14][emoji14];)

Glad you are making sure you are having some food in. Just like abs, muscles are made in the kitchen:)
Who knows you might even afford to eat more[emoji14][emoji14] You can take the risk being a hard gainer[emoji14]
You have nothing to fear about;);) All the very best christin, I love reading your updates:):)

Definitely yes christin...Lean muscle and definition.
I love definition and just like you I love holding onto them[emoji14][emoji14];)

Glad you are making sure to get some food in. Just like abs, other muscles are made in the kitchen:)
Who knows you might even afford to eat more[emoji14][emoji14] You can take the risk being a hard gainer[emoji14]
You have nothing to fear about;);) All the very best christin, I love reading your updates:)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.