Email discussion list??

D

debmac

Hi Cathe fans,
I'm just thinking out loud here, just "wishful" thinking that is...I've been an off-again-on-again-member of the "Firmlist" for the past couple of years--that is an email discussion list for people who share in common a love of Firm workout videos. The Firm was the first line of workout videos I started using, and was my introduction to working out with weights. I've been mostly lurking on the Firmlist lately though, cuz I have turned into such a Cathe fan, I never do Firm anymore, it's basically 100% Cathe videos for me!!! I was thinking it'd be fun if there were a "Cathe Email Discussion List" for all of us Cathe fans! If I knew how to start a discussion list, I'd start one, but I'm not computer savvy enough for such a task. :-hmmm Anyway, that's the end of my thinking out loud for now!!!!
Happy Cathe-ing!!!!
Debbie

Hi Debbie! I don't know if you remember me from the FirmList. I really don't go there too much anymore either. Sometimes I'll glance through the archives. I've been doing mainly Cathe's new videos, but I still throw in a Firm here and there.

I don't know if one already exists, but it's pretty easy to set up an email discussion group with EGroups.com. In fact, I just checked and there already is a group set up there. Go look at [http://www.egroups.com/group/cathe] . I'll check it out too.

Nice to "see" you again!

Cindi

Remember you????

Of course!!! I've still got your slim beach picture from last year in my "inspirational stuff to save" file!!! I had wondered where you'd gone! How's the belly button ring?? :D

Thanks for the tip about the egroup. I'll check it out. I'm definitely a Cathe-oholic now, I just LOVE all of her videos so much.

Do you have the 8 new videos? Aren't they the greatest? I've never enjoyed working out soo much!!!

See ya!!!!!
Debbie

RE: Remember you????

WOW!!! I'm stunned! Glad you "remember" me...LOL!!!!!

I haven't gone anywhere...just got sick of the fighting they were doing on the list. I'm glad it has calmed down. Belly ring is doing fine. How is everything with you? Are you still on the List at all?

I have the 8 new videos and I LOVE them!!!! They are so much FUN!! I love Cardio Kickboxing!!!

This is the first time I've been to this forum in months. But I thought since I've been doing her new ones so much, I should stop in and see what's going on here. I see a lot of people from the Firm Forum here too.

Email me ANYTIME!!!

Cindi

RE : Email list

Hey, there guys!! There is such a discussing list! I'm not exactly sure what you have to do , but Nancy C. or Mariah could give you the 411 on it. Nancy, Maria? You all out there? These ladies need some info! I do know it's from Topica.com. Maybe if you logged on there, it could tell you how to get on it. Hope this helps!!

Aimee

RE: RE : Email listAIMEE,

Thanks, Aimee, I will check out topica. Are you a member of the one that Cindi mentioned at egroups? I checked it out and it's slow, but it's alive! Cindi and I are trying to bring it back to life (right, Cindi?), wanna help??? It'd be fun!!!

Yes, I know, I do need to get a life!!! I just love having fitness-oriented emails flooding my inbox!

Cmon Cathe fans, go to one of the cathe email groups mentioned above and post post post!

Pushy, aren't I?????

LOL!!!!!
Debbie

RE: RE : Email listAIMEE,

Aimee,
I went to topica and tried to join the cathe list....and filled in all the blanks, etc. Now it says I've gotta wait till my subscription gets approval before I can REALLY be a member! Does it take long?
Thanks!
Debbie

thanks, nancy!

I'm all subscribed and ready to go! :)
Debbie

RE: Hey Debbie!!

Sounds like fun! I can talk to you guys and the the group from topica!! I'm like you, I LOOOVVEE to have fitness email flooding my inbox also!! Sooo, how do I go about getting into this shin-ding!?!

RE: Hey Aimee!

Just click on the links for egroups and topica that have already been posted above, and then fill in your info and you'll be all set! I'm computer illiterate and even I could figure it out, so you should have no problem. :)

So far it looks like these groups are pretty slow & quiet, but maybe we can get things cookin'!!!

See ya around! ;-)
Debbie

Re: The Egroups list...

....does this one take over your e-mail like that Firm one? I thought I'd been invaded by bugs!!! :-wow It was awful! If it is not very high volume, I'm interested.

Hey, Honeybunch,

I've started up with the topica group and the egroups one, and both of them put together produce only a handful of email per day, if that! I wish it were more. But if you are looking for NOT high volume, you'll be happy with these 2 Cathe lists. Nothing like the Firmlist! Go check them out!!!
Debbie

What is an email discussion list?

I know, dumb question. I went to Topica to see if I could figure it out, but they wanted me to create an account or whatever first, so clue me in! I'd probably be interested. Thanks!
Andrea

Clueless but interested

Don't look to this Nancy C for info on e-lists...'cause I'm clueless;-). I would love to know more however. I remember hearing about one started a while back by a guy named Dave??? I think Joni O was in on that one.

I would be afraid of having tons of emails...is that what happens???

http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/vf sport banner.jpg

Same Here!

I also went to Topica but did not want to create an account until I knew what it was all about. Can anyone fill us in? :-hmmm!Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH

egroups list

Hi Nancy,

Dan Benge started the egroups list a couple of years ago. This list doesn't have much traffic in it at all. You will find a few familiar names on this list, though. :)

Lorrayne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.