Eggland Tour - Texas

smcat

Hi Cathe,

I vote for San Antonio if that can make a difference! :)

Austin might be the most central location for everyone in TX.

Sabine

I'm in the Houston area...and that would be dandy! But, if we are searching centrally....I vote Austin! Wouldn't complain about HOUSTON at all though!!!!!

Tanya

We're looking at Austin, but also considering one of the beach resorts on the Gulf. We've talked about San Antonio, I actually lived in San Antonio when I was a kid, but most Cathletes we've talked to that live in Texas seem to feel Austin would be a better choice. We would love some feedback on this to help us make the best choice.

I vote for Austin b/c I live here, but San Antonio has some nice resorts, too. If you look at the coast, just remember that the beach on the Gulf of Mexico is not like the beach on the Atlantic or the Pacific -- neither is the water. Like Laura, I'm in regardless.

I live here in San Antonio (Fort Sam Houston) but I would be fine with Austin since it isn't very far from here. Either one is good for me!

austin please

AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTINAUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTINAUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTINAUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTINAUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTINAUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN

We're looking at Austin, but also considering one of the beach resorts on the Gulf. We've talked about San Antonio, I actually lived in San Antonio when I was a kid, but most Cathletes we've talked to that live in Texas seem to feel Austin would be a better choice. We would love some feedback on this to help us make the best choice.

I live in the Houston/Tomball area and would love to see the roadtrip at one of the beach resorts on the Gulf. But, if I had to choose between San Antonio and Austin, Austin would definitely be my choice. I would definitely be there no matter where in Texas you have it!

I vote for Austin b/c I live here, but San Antonio has some nice resorts, too. If you look at the coast, just remember that the beach on the Gulf of Mexico is not like the beach on the Atlantic or the Pacific -- neither is the water. Like Laura, I'm in regardless.

I definitely agree -- the Gulf of Mexico is NOT like the beaches on the Atlantic or the Pacific. The last time I went to a beach in Galveston was about 20 years ago, but even back then, they weren't very clean and the water yucky in my opinion. I'm fairly certain that the beach on the Gulf would not look anything as good as the beach at the Florida roadtrip (been to Florida beaches and they are MUCH cleaner and nicer!

Any Eggland tours for us in the Southeast USA?

Cathe,

Please consider Atlanta or Charleston for Eggland tours.

Charleston would be extra fun!

Is there any plans to do an Eggland tour in the Southeast?

WAAYY COOL!!! i am 30m from sanantonio, and 1 hr. from austin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Lost Pines Resort is beautiful, but it is VERY EXPENSIVE to stay there. It is about 15-20 miles west of the airport, and there aren't many other lodging options outside of heading back into Austin.

If Austin is the chosen location, I'd suggest approaching LifeTime Fitness to host the event. If it's an outdoor event, Austin of course has many gorgeous locations (many of which are free but probably not for an event of this size), but Zilker Park would be the most well known and provide a gorgeous view of downtown.

I don't think you can go wrong with Austin, Dallas, or Houston - the larger Texas cities.

Please keep us posted! I live in Austin but would travel to any of the large cities for the chance to see Cathe again!!

Thanks,
FitGirl-ATX

What we we look for at our event locations is a place where we can have every one stay together by selecting a hotel that can provide the space for the classes as well as all the meals in a unique setting. This may not always be possible, but this is what we have found to be the best solution.

These events are not just about taking Cathe classes, they are also about meeting Cathe and your fellow Cathletes. We also want each event to have it's own theme. We have had several discussions with Lost Pines, which was suggested by a Cathlete, and so far it looks promising. We understand that these events need to be affordable, but because of our group buying power we can get some very attractive room rates for everyone. Do any other Texas Cathletes have some feedback they wish to share about Lost Pines?

Last edited:
Lost Pines or the Hill Country Hyatt in SA would both offer a unique Texas Hill Country feel, which would be nice. I think going to a Texas beach would just be trying to force the beach theme. I've lived in Texas all my life, and, for a few years, I lived an hour from South Padre Island. I just don't think our beaches are all that impressive. If it's at all affordable, Lost Pines would be much nicer than any "resort" I can think of on a Texas beach.

Any thoughts on dates?

I live in the Houston area and I vote for either Austin or San Antonio. Both have lots to offer. Gulf coast beaches just aren't my idea of a beach! (I need blue water, not brown!) Any idea when the Texas visit will occur?

Lost Pines

I have stayed there before and found it to be really enjoyable. The rooms were nice, the staff was pleasant, and the food was really good. I have also stayed at La Cantera in San Antonio for some work conferences and it is also a great place.

whoa!! where have i been? cathe is coming to austin?????? that is waayyy cool. i live in new braunfels.:)

i agree about the beaches in texas. i am not a beach person, but i don't see anything great about any of the texas coasts. south padre used to be nice many years ago, but too many people and stuff now. i haven't heard of lost pines.

I am all for Austin. I can go to either location since I'm here in west Texas in Midland. Austin is a very pretty city. I did my first marathon there. I also have been to the Texas beaches and they have cleaned them up quite a bit and have built some very pretty resorts.I wouldn't count them out. But if we are looking for a central location, it would be Austin or the beautiful city of San Antonio where the river runs through it.

When would this be taking place? I need to put it on the calendar and start rounding up all my friends for this HUGE EVENT! i can't wait to see Cathe and friends again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.