easy vegetarian frozen lunches

eminenz2

Cathlete
Hello, all!

I have purchased a couple of veggie-only cookbooks and now have a new question:

I usually eat WW SmartOnes for lunch every day at work. They don't make many meatless ones, and a quick trip up and down the frozen food aisle at the local Giant has proven that not many frozen lunch brands make too many meatless lunches. And the ones that do don't do it cheaply.

What do you eat for lunch that is quick and painless, and low-maintenance?

Thanks!

Susan L.G.

Amy's makes great vegetarian frozen lunches. I'm not a vegetarian, but I enjoy them on a regular basis:p . They are a bit pricey, but maybe worth it once in a while.

I like Amy's frozen dinners. You can find them in a lot of grocery stores.

If I don't make my lunch from scratch (like a veggie wrap in a sprouted grain tortilla, or tempeh mock "chicken or the egg" salad or garbanzo paté on a huge pile of romaine), I'll take one of those, with some raw veggies (like peas in the pod or red pepper slices or romaine leaves) and an apple.

Kathryn,

I've heard "sprouted grain tortillas" mentioned on the forum before. What are they, exactly? At first mention, they sound like tortillas that have been in the fridge too long but I know it can't be that - LOL!

SUsan L.G.

>I've heard "sprouted grain tortillas" mentioned on the forum
>before. What are they, exactly? At first mention, they sound
>like tortillas that have been in the fridge too long but I
>know it can't be that - LOL!

Susan, 'Tree of Life" makes tortilla wraps using several grains that are sprouted before they are ground. You've probably seen alfalfa sprouts and mung bean sprouts before, other grains and beans can be sprouted as well. Sprouting increases the nutritional value many times over (each sprout has close to the nutritional value of the full-grown plant),and breaks down fats and proteins into more digestible form.

Susan...I agree with the other posters about Amy's. I have gotten some of her burritos in a quick moment and they are pretty good. I have also tried some of the dinners and like them as well...:)

My lunches although they probably are a little boring but their good enough for me...
whole wheat pita with hummus, spinach, and tomatoes.
steamed vegies
salad
fruit
yogurt with banana
a slice of ww bread
a whole wheat cracker
tofu
often, last nights leftovers
ww english muffin with neufchatel and tomatoes with salt and pepper.
As stated above those frozen Amy's dinners are fabulous and expensive.
Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.