Easy apple cobber

cakebaker

Cathlete
My newest addiction! I love junk food and allow myself a very controlled cheat day once a week. For several weeks I've been making this super easy & very tasty apple cobbler:

8 large apples, peeled and cut into small pieces
1 - box Pillsbury sugar free yellow cake mix
8 oz. chopped walnuts
1 - 12 oz. can diet Sprite or 7-Up
Cinnamon
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

1)Pour peeled chopped apples (which have been tossed liberally with cinnamon) into a 13"X9" pan
2)Sprinkle walnuts over apples
3)Sprinkle cake mix over apples & walnuts
4)Pour soda over cake mix, apples & walnuts
5)Cover with aluminum foil & bake 30 minutes
6)Uncover & bake an addition 45 minutes

Tasts sort of like an apple cake, but with a whole lot more apples, and better than an apple pie!

Thank you for this recipe! Hubby is diabetic. This looks like a dessert he could enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

Ohhh I am so trying this! It looks easy too :)

One question, what is the diet sprite for? I'm not against using it, I was just wondering. I'm not much of a baker :eek:

Natasha

sprite

Ohhh I am so trying this! It looks easy too :)

One question, what is the diet sprite for? I'm not against using it, I was just wondering. I'm not much of a baker :eek:

Natasha

It's liquid - you don't bake the cake according to the instructions on the box - don't add water, eggs, etc. It's just cake mix, apples, sprite & walnuts.

This looks great...but I have never seen sugar-free cake mix...???? I generally see such things. I wonder if any of my stores even carry it.

Thanks for the recipe...I will definitely try it this week if I find that cake mix.

It's liquid - you don't bake the cake according to the instructions on the box - don't add water, eggs, etc. It's just cake mix, apples, sprite & walnuts.

Ohhh ok, now I get it. I probably would have made the cake mix according to the directions AND added the sprite :eek:. Thanks! I will be trying this for sure.

Tracy
Walmart.com and Amazon.com sell the sugar-free cake mix if you are interested.

Serveral store carry the SF cake mix

This looks great...but I have never seen sugar-free cake mix...???? I generally see such things. I wonder if any of my stores even carry it.

Thanks for the recipe...I will definitely try it this week if I find that cake mix.

Walmart - the cheapest I've seen it; and several other local stores carry it - it's not hard to find. I sure would never know it was a sugar free dessert if no one told me!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.