Earthquake in NJ

DebD

Cathlete
Last night my house was shaking. We checked all the rooms and outside nothing. My DH said maybe it was an earthquake . . . I thought in NJ??? Sure enough on the news this morning we had a 3.0 earthquake.

I feel for you guys in CA. I know 3.0 is nothing, but it was so scary. At first, I was running thru the house to see if everyone was OK.

Wow! What part of NJ are you in, and what time did this happen? I didn't notice anything here in South Jersey, but then again I could have slept right through it.:eek:

Earthquakes are very strange -- the ground is just not supposed to move.......

-Beth (who's been through a few)

There was a 3.0 back in the early 80's that woke me up, I was living with my mom in Pt.Pleasant Beach, thought it was a huge truck or something....then there was one in the 70's in Albany NY that woke everyone and shattered a puzzle an old man had been working on for 11 years (I remember that from the news)....Wacky,but happens!

glad it was not worse!

We had an earth quake here in Cincinnati last summer. I can't remember the magnitude, but it woke me up as my bed was shaking. Very wierd!

ICUMOM- sent you a PM

We had one here in New York about 10 yrs ago. I wa sin my vehicle at the time & looked in my rear view mirror because I honestly thought someone was on my back bumper jumping up & down. Never occurred to me that it was an earthquake!! It was scary! Glad you are all alright though!!

I live in Morris County which is Northwest NJ. It happened last night at 10:30PM. It was the talk at the gym today. Some people didn't feel it at all and some felt it worse than I did. Our spin instructor said everyone on her street was outside trying to figure out what happened.

On the news they said an earthquake could happen anywhere. I thought it could only happen in CA or where there is a fault line:eek:

wow your right they are scarry,i felt a few here in san diego california,its been awhile sence i felt one ,you never get used to it.

Hey Deb! I lived in Randolph (and Mendham and Morristown over the years) - and worked at Morristown Memorial! Small world!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.