Dyson pet groomin tool

tlc93

Cathlete
I'm thinking about buying the Dyson pet grooming tool. It attatches to the vacuum so you can comb all the loose hair off your dog. I have 2 dogs and my bigger one is shedding terribly. He does this 2-3 times a year. If he touches his body to mine.....I'm covered! His hair is everywhere and its making me crazy! This usually sells for $79.00 and up. I have found it on ebay (new) for less.

Does anyone have this? Use it? Does it work well? Worth it? I need some input and I know many of us have furry family members. Thanks!

I just noticed the spelling error in the title and can't seem to correct it.....sorry

Peg

This is one of the reasons why I like having dogs I can shave. I does make indoor life easier. But my neighbor has a golden as well and complains about the fur all the time. If it does work, please share so I can let her know.

We've had one for a couple of years. It works great. It is so nice to be able to brush the dogs inside the house and not have fur flying everywhere. One of our dogs was a little nervous the first time or two being that close to the loud vacuum but he soon got used to it.

Thank you for posting. I'm going to get one!! I can't stand it anymore!!!! The hair is relentless. I've combed him outside...he loves the extra attention and the feeling. 2 times a year I shave him, its great and he doesn't seem to mind the horrible haircut. I'm giving back to the environment too because I just dump the hair somewhere in my yard and it ends up as part of numerous birds nests around the house. I see little tan cups of nests in trees. Its cute.

Thanks for the info!

Oh, I would so love to try this on my dog (part German Shepherd...the part that sheds like crazy!), but he gets so scared by loud noises. I would probably have to tie him down to use it on him!

We use the regular brush attachment on our vacuum and our dog loves it! She is all over the place when we try to brush her, but will stand for the vacuum.

Lisa

I bought it. Time will tell how well it goes. My guess is my hairy 4 legged guy will love it......I hope!

UPDATE: I finally got the Dyson pet grooming tool. I put it on the vacuum and he came right to me. He did that shiver thing at first but started to turn for me, wag his (hairy) tail. If I stopped he put his paw up as if to say "keep going!" It really seems to work great. The canister captured all the hair so no fur flying!!! My smaller dog watched this curious thing happening...when I looked at her, she bugged her eyes out, sneered and looked away! I guess she's not interested. But I'm very happy with this new gadget.

I have a vacuum I use on my 3 horses. Horses in the spring are shedding messes. I don't know what I'd do without the vacuum. They love it too. Great tool!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.