Dvd that gave you the most noticable results

wiggie

Cathlete
Good morning Cathe & Cathletes! I've started losing weight again(yay!) and I now want to really focus on toning(mainly upper arm and thighs). I only want to lose about 10 pounds. I'm doing well on my diet, so I don't need diet advice. I need to know which dvds will give me the quickest results. I have almost all of Cathe's stuff. I'm hoping to hear from Cathe and the Cathe nation, thanks! :)

I don't think you can go wrong if you do Cathe's Gym Styles or Slow and Heavy series along with the strength workouts in both XTrain and Ripped with HiiT. Pyramid Upper and Lower Body are great too, as is Strong and Sweaty Ramped Up Upper Body. All of her strength DVDs are fantastic... good luck! :D

First, congrats on your progress! I agree with Kathy -- all Cathe's weight workouts are good. Choose a series or two for a month rotation, be consistent, and be sure to use heavy enough weight to challenge yourself. Some ladies on here might recommend "contrast training" as in RWH's Leg dvd or STS's Plyo Legs. Depending on your training level, if you haven't weight trained in awhile, you might consider a month of Total Body training 2x/week with a total body metabolic dvd for the third weight day. Enjoy yourself!

ETA ... Then again, everyone's body is a little different and responds differently to different styles. Maybe a lower weight workout might be helpful for legs like ICE To the Mat or Xtrain Legs or Butts & Guts. Its hard to know what might work best for different people.

Thanks guys! I have all of those dvds, except STS. I like the suggestion of a month at a time rotation, thanks again!:)

I really enjoy Cathe's weight workouts and I know there are a lot of rotations on here. Does anyone know if there is one that just incorporates her various heavy weight workouts in a rotation all together using S&H, STS, PS,Gym Style, etc? I have been trying to look through them all, but there are alot so figured I would ask. TIA

I really enjoy Cathe's weight workouts and I know there are a lot of rotations on here. Does anyone know if there is one that just incorporates her various heavy weight workouts in a rotation all together using S&H, STS, PS,Gym Style, etc? I have been trying to look through them all, but there are alot so figured I would ask. TIA

Hey Candice, I'm not sure I have seen one with all of those combined into one. My thoughts as I read your question though was that you can probably find two combined for a rotation then follow up with another rotation that hybridizes another two?

For example, take a look at Cathe's Feb 2020 rotation. It combines Slow and heavy with GS. And for another example, her November 2008 combines GS and Pure Strength. I'm sure there are more rotations than those that do that. I know there is an STS and LIS hybrid rotation but not sure of others.

Your question is an interesting one and maybe you might get more responses if you started a new thread in open discussion?

Last edited:
Hey Candice, I'm not sure I have seen one with all of those combined into one. My thoughts as I read your question though was that you can probably find two combined for a rotation then follow up with another rotation that hybridizes another two?

For example, take a look at Cathe's Feb 2020 rotation. It combines Slow and heavy with GS. And for another example, her November 2008 combines GS and Pure Strength. I'm sure there are more rotations than those that do that. I know there is an STS and LIS hybrid rotation but not sure of others.

Your question is an interesting one and maybe you might get more responses if you started a new thread in open discussion?

Thank you.

Thank you Sneakers! So did you do Xtrain exclusively, and how long did you do it?
Hi!! I did do Xtrain exclusively. I had to go back to my workout manager to figure out the rotation. It was Cathe's 90 day Xtrain undulating rotation. I barely survived (I get too bored doing the same workouts too frequently), but I credit that rotation for significant strength gains and really nice muscle definition - especially in the upper body. Those burn sets do not mess around... :D

Hi Sneakers!:) Thanks for the info, I have the same problem. In fact when Cathe goes through the same exercises twice I choose the premix that goes to the next grouping. :rolleyes::p

I know this! When I started doing my step workouts, it really made my legs strong. My calves got really strong with that! Also, her arm workouts got them strong. You have to keep working it!
Jennifer Denny

Hi Jennifer! I love step workouts & do them several times a week . Step and kick boxing are my favorite types of cardio.☺️

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.