dvd sound problems

rits

I just bought the Terminator DVD. This is the first time I have purchased a dvd from cathe.com. I really love the workouts. I'm having a little problem with the sound on the dvd. It tends to fade in and out during the workouts. Does anyone have suggestions on how I might be able to fix this? Maybe new cables or a certain setting? I don't really think the dvd is bad, just think I need to adjust something on the player.
Thanks!

You more than likely just need to change the audio settings on your DVD player. You do this usually by using the audio button on your remote. Try setting to PCM or normal.

I'm having a problem also. I have a 4-month old DVD player that has been working fine. I just got my first Cathe DVD and when I put it in the player it didn't work, and now none of my DVDs work. I did try it in my computer and it worked there--there are sound problems (such as the volume going up and down) and it does skip in one part. I can live with that, but I can't live without my DVD player! I have tried switching the cables, doing whatever I can and now if I switch the cables it will play in black and white (grainy picture) with no sound. I tried the sound feature on the remote and nothing happens. Did my DVD player die? I bought it at Costco, so I think I would have to send it back to the manufacturer at this point to get it fixed. Since it conly cost $65.00 I don't think it's worth it. Can a DVD damage a DVD player? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Do you have your player hooked up through a VCR?...And so you know there is no way for a dvd to damage a player. If the DVd is defective it simply will not play, but there is no way it can damage a player.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what I can do? Do you think the DVD player just stopped working? I'm at a complete loss right now and am ready to get another DVD player but this time with an extended warranty.

The fist thing to try is to unplug the DVD player for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. If this dosen't work, and I doubt it will, I need to know how your DVD payer is hooked up to your TV? ie, is it hooked up by RCA cables (this is a cable with three plugs on each end, yellow, red and white)?

The instructions that came with my DVD player said not to set the DVD player close to the VCR or TV or this could interfere with the sound or picture. It is a cheap kind but I followed those instructions and have never had a problem although I use NetFlix all the time and those DVD's are used by many different people.

I have never had a Cathe DVD but now obviously I will have to start - I'm wondering if suddenly I will have problems also! If I do I will not be intimidated by the claims on this website that it is mainly user error. I will be buying a new DVD player for workouts, I handle my DVD's on the edges only, never leave them out, and I expect Cathe's to work or I will request a replacement!

Davida

I unplugged it for 30 seconds and that didn't help. The cables are yellow, red and white. However, the TV has an S video outlet, so I am using an S video cable. When using an S video cable it says the yellow cable should not be connected. Again, this has worked perfectly until the Cathe DVD was put in the player.
Lexie

The next thing I would try is to disconnect your S video cable, and try connecting your player using the RCA cables only. This will eliminate the S cable and S video connections as a possibility.

I did disconnect the S video cable and used the RCA cables. All I get is a black and white picture which is very grainy and no sound.
Lexie

The next thing to look at is your TV set up and then your player setup. I would first try the TV set up and see if you didn't accidentally hit something on the remote. I've seen the problem you're describing on my own TV at home and just had to play around with the TV remote. It would also be helpful if you could plug the player into another TV as this would now eliminate your current TV setup as being the problem and only leave player setup or the player itself as the possible problem.

My other TV is so old it doesn't have the right hookups. I did try it, though, and it played the sound but not the picture. It could very well be something got pressed on the remote, but I sure couldn't figure it out. I went ahead and bought another DVD player, hooked it up, and it plays beautifully. The Cathes are great as well as my other DVDs. This time I got a 2-year warranty with the DVD player just in case. Thanks for all of your help!!
Lexie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.