Dvd series for older folks?

ellie35107

Hi Cathe,
I was wondering if you would consider making a set/series of full body muscle toning dvd's, 30-45 minutes in length for older folks. I am an older out of shape lady who would truly enjoy a series of muscle toning dvd's that are not too hard, have shorter reps, and are lead by you.
Thank you for your consideration.
Ellie

I'm not Cathe, but I think some of her older, full body DVDs would work. They also, if I recall correctly, have upper/lower premixes so you don't have to do the same thing every day. I would vote for SuperSets and PushPull, which are on the same DVD. She uses lighter weights on these, and remember, nothing says you have to match Cathe's weights. Use the weight the works for you. Eventually, you'll catch up to them, if that's what you want. If not, that's fine too. I think Muscle Max would work, too, but it's a bit longer. Off the top of my head, SS and PP run about 45 minutes, and MM about 65. Power Hour might be good, too. Lots of reps, but lower weights. Can't think about premixes on that one right now. As for equipment, I the PP and SS just use dumbells (or there's a modifier) and MM is a bar and dumbbells, but you can always just use dumbbells. They also use a step as a bench. MM does not use a stability ball, I believe SS and PP do. At least one of them does.

They are older, but they are still good.

Nan

Low Impact

You might love Cathe's low impact series, they are easier on the joints and you still get a great workout with lots of premix options.

Not Cathe. But, I agree with both previous posts. Push/ Pull and Super Sets are good workouts with loads of pre-mixes. The Low Impact series is also excellent. Any of Cathe's workouts can be modified for a beginner. You just have to make the workout work for you.
I am over 60 and use all of her workouts. If you don't have a lot of equipment, you might want to start with Travel Fit. It is a good workout using a band. You really can't go wrong with Cathe.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.