Dry Hair - What shampoos are good for this

Hi

Just to add to my previous statement I do workout 6 times a week and yes I'm a sweaty mess too but I do shower and give my scalp a good massage. Its the friction or like the washing machine agitating that cleans the scalp. My hair always looks clean even though I only shampoo with a non lauryl sulfate shampoo I use Burt's Bee's either Pomegrante and Soy volumizing or Super Shiny Grapefruit and Sugar beet shampoo. I usually use shampoo on Monday and conditioner wash my hair on wednednesday, Friday, and Sunday. On Tuesday,Thursday, and Saturday I water wash and massage my hair and scalp and give it a cool water rinse when done in shower. My hair is naturally curly and is much healthier looking since I stopped shampooing my hair everyday and stopped using products that are sodium lauryl sulfate based and silicone based products. I've been on this routine for over a year and its really transformed my hair and made it so much healthier than it ever was before. It works very well for me and I don't spend a fortune on hair products. I know alot about hair care products and ingredients I'm a former hair stylist and have learned a lot over the years.

I hope this info and info on my previous statement is helpful for someone.

Hugs!

Nora

So, do you keep coconut oil in the shower and use it after shampooing???

No, I wash with either shampoo and conditioner or conditioner only. I keep the jar in my bathroom and after detangling my hair i work some through my hair focusing on the ends. Sometimes I apply it as a pre-wash treatment to dry hair putting in enough to make my hair "oily". I then wrap my hair in a bun and leave in for a few hours/overnight and then wash it out.

I have tried a lot of hair products and coconut oil is great for dry hair.

Last edited:
This is me too! I don't see how anybody who works out can skip a day of shampooing. My hair is a sweaty, icky mess every day from running and working out.

It's quite easy, actually. ;) Sweat is water soluble, so you don't need a cleanser to get rid of it, all you need to do is rinse it off.

Also I do condition every day. Most conditioners have the same cleansing agents as shampoo. The sulfates are the biggest difference. Sulfates are what makes shampoo lather/foam. A lot of people don't feel clean if they don't have that lather, but it's psychological, I promise.

I was skeptical at first too, but I'm so glad I followed Massey's method. My hair has never been healthier or shinier. :)

This information has been very helpful! Thanks so much, along with the dry hair that I have, I also have the oily hair at the scalp. I can every other day, but when I do that I have to wear my hair in a ponytail. Then when I do wash it after going a day or so, I lose a LOT of hair and that scares me. I didn't know that just a rinse with water could do the trick with the oily hair, I'm gonna try that. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.